IGNORED

Star Signs, NOT for Christians are they.

Can Do (Phil 4:13)

When asked, do you give your "star sign?"  

22 members have voted

1. 1. When asked, do you give your "star sign?"

• Yes I tell people my star sign.
    • Nope. Don't believe in it.
    • Yes, it doesn't do any harm.
    • Haven't thought about it really.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

I recently went to a link on a fellow Worthy bloggers site. I saw they had their Astrological sign on their blog and it struck me that Christians REALLY shouldn't do that. When people ask me what my star sign is, I say I don't have one. When they probe further, I smile and say that with Jesus as my Savior, I don't need to worry about having a star sign. It's of the occult and to me NO Christian should ever even think about their "star signs"

What do you think?

Faithie :cool:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that star signs have become more of a identification thing than a religious thing like the chinese calender sorta thing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hi Faith.

I make a point of never ever giving people who I first meet any indication of my date of birth let alone my so-called star sign. Many people do not realise that some of the people that they meet require this information before they will interact with you on a personal or even a business level...because they try to check each encounter with their star-chart...and in a sense you become a pawn in some vast astral game of life.

I have had people insist that I give them my birth date...and I refuse point blank and I think Believers should be well aware in these days that many people in the world are trapped by these astrological charts. Astrologers place ridiculous burdens on the backs of the unsuspecting and trap them in a life-style that owes its allegiance to demons of deception who will try and get Christians inadvertently involved at whatever level they can.

Lets be those who are well armed..prepared...and not ignorant of the Devil's devices...and rather seek to speak against these things and into the lives of those in bondage with words of faith and truth...they don't have the answers!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/02/1983

personally, I dont see anything wrong with saying what your sign is. Its just a "stupid" secular way of identifying when you were born. There may be a problem if you choose to follow all the "garbage" that comes with it.. such as horoscopes and stuff like that. Most of us have social security numbers. That is a secular way of identifying yourself. And those numbers can show what state you are in. I know its a little bit of a stretch to compare the two of them... but they are both optional things to "have". It all depends how you see your "star sign". God made the stars and arranged them in a certain way. Why not appreciate that? One of Gods wonderful creations was clever enough to play connect the dots and draw a picture :emot-hug: Be amazed at what God has created... not what man has made of it.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

WHat were the Maggi doing then?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Super Jew ...

WHat were the Maggi doing then?

With what little we know about the Magi one thing is for certain the history of the birth of Messiah that includes them does not try and endorse astrology whatever their professional occupation...rather it shows the miraculous turn of events that act as a herald to the birth of the King of Glory.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I make a point of never ever giving people who I first meet any indication of my date of birth let alone my so-called star sign. Many people do not realise that some of the people that they meet require this information before they will interact with you on a personal or even a business level...because they try to check each encounter with their star-chart...and in a sense you become a pawn in some vast astral game of life.

I have had people insist that I give them my birth date...and I refuse point blank and I think Believers should be well aware in these days that many people in the world are trapped by these astrological charts. Astrologers place ridiculous burdens on the backs of the unsuspecting and trap them in a life-style that owes its allegiance to demons of deception who will try and get Christians inadvertently involved at whatever level they can.

Lets be those who are well armed..prepared...and not ignorant of the Devil's devices...and rather seek to speak against these things and into the lives of those in bondage with words of faith and truth...they don't have the answers!

I remember making a beutiful embroidery from all the star sign before I was a Christians it took me hours of work to make even one...after I became a Christian I felt the Lord wanted me to trow it in the garbage and therefore I believe that those star signs are not for Christians at all.

Botz, I didn't realize people will try to find ourt more about your personality by going by your birth day--- thats sort of scary!!

We as Christians have to be so very careful not to get involved in pagan stuff because its all around us!!

Thank you for mentioning this,

Angels :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I must agree that astrology and star signs are not to be played around with. The devil has a counterfeit of everything God has.

For example: The Greek and Hebrew languages (which are the languages the Bible was written in) have number values associated with their alphabet. It's called "grammatra". Numbers are important and have meaning in the Bible. The devil has perverted this and turned it into Numerology, an occult practice.

As far as the magi are concerned, my guess ("guess" being the operative word here) would be that the devil got the idea for astrology and star signs from the star of Bethlehem. I've not studied it though, so....

I just know that the devil doesn't have an original idea in his head. Everything he does or has is a counterfeit of something God has or has done.

Guest Thomas I believe

I suppose I could say because I was born in august that I am a leo but I am not. My name is Michael and I am born again in Christ Jesus. Being a leo has no meaning but having Jesus as my personal savior is everything. Zodiac star signs have no meaning what so ever, so why claim them ? :emot-hug:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

There are a lot of references to astronomy in the Bible. However, the practice of divining the future by the stars is pagan, and has no place in the common faith.