• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

This is serious and it is happening tomorrow. I am not going to entertain anything but sound scriptural advice and if this turns into a slanging match I will shut it down. I am looking for advice, scripture and a mature Christian perspective.

That said, here is the thing.

As an introduction

Most of you know I live in Africa. Here, in South Africa and in Mozambique I have had firsthand experience of witchcraft manifest itself in various ways. I have been the subject of having our drinking well in Mozambique poisoned and having spells cast against us, women barking like dogs on all fours and trying to bite people in church, etc.

When you shine a light on darkness sometimes the shadows formed fight back.

Don’t only think the witch doctor in skins and beads sort of thing (although in rural areas this is prevalent), but think also of witch doctors (Sangoma is the name they go by here), wearing $500 suits and driving Mercedes Benz’s, who can charge anything up to $1000 for a spell or a potion and who live in luxury mansions.

Four days ago a prominent lawyer in our community dropped dead of a heart attack outside a courthouse. He was in his 50’s and was to all intent and purpose not sick in any way. He just dropped dead. I know his wife well; she has done catering for many of our functions. He also has a son.

The staff at his practice (he has two partners, one white and one a Zulu), let it be known that a month or two before his death a Sangoma (witch doctor), probably because of a legal matter that did not turn out in his or his clients favour, had stated that within six months of the curse being put on the business someone would die.

Staff at the business are convinced that this is true, and Dewalt died as a result of this curse.

Tomorrow my pastor, another pastor and myself are going to the business at 3 pm to pray against any darkness, and evil that is in that place.

Was Dewalt’s death a sad coincidence, or was it because of a curse (which I know he would have shrugged off and not believed), is not my concern, as there is no definitive answer. But pray against darkness, and any curse that may be over that practice we will.

I have done this before in Mozambique and here in rural situations, but would be interested to know how members here (who have experience, or are seasoned believers), would approach this thing we are about to do. Remember it is done for those in the business that believe this curse to have been fulfilled.

What scripture would you use for example? Romans 8:31 onward is one I often use, besides straight prayer.

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

All I can suggest is Isaiah 58, Brother ... before you go.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Maybe Psalm 23 would be good to keep in your heart at all times during this matter. I will pray for you with earnest, May the Lord keep you at perfect peace.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Keep it simple Fez.  Go there in faith.  Claim the blood of Jesus over the business and this mans family.  (I hope his wife is a believer)  Ask for the spirit of the Lord to come into this place and cleanse it from any evil or harm.

Claim the Blood on yourself and the others involved before you leave and on the way home so that you don't take any of it with you.  Cleanse yourself in prayer.

It is not something I have dealt with in many years, but in my case Jesus came in quickly when i repented, claimed the Blood, and asked for help and cleansing.  I still cannot bring myself to talk about my experiences.  I got caught up in some things and went under pretty quick.  But Jesus was there when I was ready to repent and needed Him

He is there with you all, and He will not let you down.  Stand behind Jesus, and His protection....don't try and get in front of Him  :)   After all, it is not you cleansing this business...you are simply there to call in the troops.  Jesus Bless You

Tammy

Thanks Alan, this jumped out at me as I read it..

Isa 58:8  Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard. 
Isa 58:9  Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; you shall cry, and he will say, 'Here I am.' If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, 

Not sure why these two verses, but I will be reading this chapter a little more tonight!

Keep it simple Fez.  Go there in faith.  Claim the blood of Jesus over the business and this mans family.  (I hope his wife is a believer)  Ask for the spirit of the Lord to come into this place and cleanse it from any evil or harm.

Claim the Blood on yourself and the others involved before you leave and on the way home so that you don't take any of it with you.  Cleanse yourself in prayer.

It is not something I have dealt with in many years, but in my case Jesus came in quickly when i repented, claimed the Blood, and asked for help and cleansing.  I still cannot bring myself to talk about my experiences.  I got caught up in some things and went under pretty quick.  But Jesus was there when I was ready to repent and needed Him

He is there with you all, and He will not let you down.  Stand behind Jesus, and His protection....don't try and get in front of Him  :)   After all, it is not you cleansing this business...you are simply there to call in the troops.  Jesus Bless You

Tammy

Thank you Tammy, i had posted to Alan before I read your post, but both your posts confirm the same thing. (which is how God works..)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2

As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.  Proverbs 26:2   Every individual needs to declare this passage and claim who they are in Christs power.  PSALM 91  God bless and protect you all.  Isaiah 54:17 No weapon formed against you will prosper. |

Lord, you are the God of the valleys cast out every valley spirit in the name of Jesus and send them to the foot of the cross for you to deal with on the day of judgement. We take the shield of faith and we quench every fiery dart of the enemy in Jesus name Eph 6:16

Edited by imoss

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I am curious fez. Was the man who died a Christian? 

When I lived on the navajo reservation, I saw similar stuff. And believe witchcraft to be real. What I also saw was that altho witches attacked, their attacks were not successful against Christians. Which is why I asked, out of curiousity. I have no intentions of debating it. 

My only suggestion is to be well prayed up yourself. Put on the armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18).

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Thanks Alan, this jumped out at me as I read it..

Isa 58:8  Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard. 

Isa 58:9  Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; you shall cry, and he will say, 'Here I am.' If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, 

Not sure why these two verses, but I will be reading this chapter a little more tonight!

I also see the instruction pertaining to your issue in verse 6:

Is this not the fast that I have chosen:

To loose the bonds of wickedness,

To undo the heavy burdens,

To let the oppressed go free,

And that you break every yoke?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Missions team just came back from Haiti. Pastor there said they battle this, and they challenge it based on 1 john 4:4. You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.