• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Wasn't Nimrod a giant? I suspect this is referring to Genesis 6:2-4. Nimrod wasn't fully human.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Other One,,,,

Yes my Brother,I know the story well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats why I think some may think Nimrod "a fool",,,,,,,I don't see him being depicted as a fool in the Bible but it is a foolish thing to think you could de-Throne God,,,,,,if that was his intention?

Oh & yes,in many Jewish traditional writings (some consider it folklore) they do speak of Nimrod mocking Abraham for worshipping the One True God,,,,,,,it leads me to believe that Nimrod believed in the "gods",,,,,,,,there are so many pieces here & there amongst the different ancient writings to speculate on many theories??????  So I know exactly what you are saying because it is in fact,what the Bible says,,,,,,                               Love,Kwik

I think 1 to 3 must have posted her reply here by accident,probably meant for another discussion

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Wasn't Nimrod a giant? I suspect this is referring to Genesis 6:2-4. Nimrod wasn't fully human.

There are some interesting theories on that Oak.....   Tom Horn has written about that.   It's kind of controversial though and I'm not in the mood to be harassed.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings...

I have read much about that too,other one & Oak,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,& other one is right,that would really get things going-lol      Perhaps in another discussion?                                                           Love y'all,Kwik

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I read 1 to 3`s comment as a reply to the pride factor of Nimrod.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

How do you think Nimrod from the Bible got to be associated with fools?

I think it is a misuse of the word.  The word Nimrod in Hebrew means 'he rebelled' or 'rebel'.  The application of the 'fool' usage to Nimrod is appropriate, though.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Nimrod...what a great name for a fool. Nim means quick and rod is self explanitory. Quick with the rod equals fool.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Nimrod has an interesting history in things written outside the Bible....  In the Bible though,  the people we know of his generation were still living nearly 500 years.....    Noah's grandson (Arphaxad) through Shem lived 438 years...    Abraham was 147 when he died.

Stories within Jewish writings tell of Nimrod harassing Abraham and tried to have him killed because he was Worshiping Yahweh.     Most of the ancient historical writings I have read seem to think that Nimrod was the same person as the Babylonian/Sumerian Gilgamesh.

I like the above answer.

Nimrod is mentioned in the Bible as "a mighty hunter in the earth before the Lord." That does not have negative connotations to me.

While scholars promote his hunting for game, the Bible does not seem to define what kind of hunting it was.

I would say that the book called "The Two Babylons" might have had a lot of negative imagery about him.

There is no doubt in my mind that he was Gilgamesh, as well as some of the other deities and or rulers mentioned in the book, one of which was Osiris of Egypt.

The constellation of Orion (meaning great hunter) is named after Nimrod by some ancient cultures, although Orion is associated primarily with God and the New Jerusalem. It is the most mentioned constellation in the Bible and very easy to identify in the night sky, from both hemispheres. Amos says to seek God who made Orion.

Some remaining Bedouin Arabs say that tradition claims that Nimrod built the pyramids in Giza. Well, from the Bible we know he directed the building of the first cities on earth after the global flood. So he was a great designer and architect, multi skilled and had a highly curious and experimental mind. It's interesting that the pyramids are arranged like the constellation of Orion.

There were plenty of giants in those days, standing about 3 meters tall, and without going into detail, they were beautiful in appearance, unlike Hollywood depictions of giants, extremely strong and highly intelligent. 

Some sensationalists teach that these giants were the result of an impossible breed between men and angels or some other theory, like aliens interbreeding, etc, and a host of other theories...which are not found in the statements of the Bible.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The angels are breeding hybrids today

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I see the question as answered.  Closing the thread before it gets out of hand ...