Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Well, I doubt that it his intent but you are free to believe that if you want.

Anyway, as you cannot change history, you can at least learn from it.  

I didn't know Iran was building centrifuges 2500 years ago.  Perhaps he was speaking of the future after all

I'm not sure why you are so insistent on trying to prove me wrong.  I'm not wrong, but you have another go if you like

Just remember what both myself and other one said

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Guest shiloh357

Sevenseas, what did you mean then?   I know what that phrase means to Israelis, 'cause they told me that.   "Never again" is the motto of the IDF and its what they used to say at the top of Masada back when they had the graduation ceremonies for the newly inducted IDF soldiers.  "Never again" is a historical reference and it means that there will never be another Masada, but it has also come to mean that there will never again be another Holocaust. 

What were you getting at?    In what way am I trying to prove you wrong?   

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I watched the entire speech live on Fox, and I could not find it on any other station by the way. Too bad that it was not arranged to view at maybe 6:00 pm west coat time.  It would have been more beneficial to the general citizen.  I thought that I was up to date on all of this but I learned a few things. 

He was as humble as he said that he was, and he delivered his message with dignity.  Those of the joint session that did attend received it with respect (except for Nancy).  I just hope that they can maintain an attention span of more than a few days on this important issue.  Pass a bill that will require approval from Congress concerning the final agreement, and then override the presidential veto that will follow.

Israel has every right to go it alone if necessary.  To me, "never again" means that they will not stand by waiting for assistance.  They will take the battle to the other side first.  Even though a large percentage of Jews will perish in the tribulation, God is not done with His chosen people.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks Tinky, I've been wanting to know what was said by the Prime Minister. Enjoyed reading the transcript.

Very diplomatic and balanced.

With our slooow connection, hard to watch much video.

Quoting a portion of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu from the article:

“...My long-time friend, John Kerry, Secretary of State, confirmed last week that Iran could legitimately possess that massive centrifuge capacity when the deal expires.

Now I want you to think about that. The foremost sponsor of global terrorism could be weeks away from having enough enriched uranium for an entire arsenal of nuclear weapons and this with full international legitimacy.

And by the way, if Iran's Intercontinental Ballistic Missile program is not part of the deal, and so far, Iran refuses to even put it on the negotiating table. Well, Iran could have the means to deliver that nuclear arsenal to the far-reach corners of the earth, including to every part of the United States.

So you see, my friends, this deal has two major concessions: one, leaving Iran with a vast nuclear program and two, lifting the restrictions on that program in about a decade. That's why this deal is so bad. It doesn't block Iran's path to the bomb; it paves Iran's path to the bomb.”

“...This deal won't be a farewell to arms. It would be a farewell to arms control. And the Middle East would soon be crisscrossed by nuclear tripwires. A region where small skirmishes can trigger big wars would turn into a nuclear tinderbox.

If anyone thinks -- if anyone thinks this deal kicks the can down the road, think again. When we get down that road, we'll face a much more dangerous Iran, a Middle East littered with nuclear bombs and a countdown to a potential nuclear nightmare.

Ladies and gentlemen, I've come here today to tell you we don't have to bet the security of the world on the hope that Iran will change for the better. We don't have to gamble with our future and with our children's future.

We can insist that restrictions on Iran's nuclear program not be lifted for as long as Iran continues its aggression in the region and in the world.

Before lifting those restrictions, the world should demand that Iran do three things.

First, stop its aggression against its neighbors in the Middle East. Second...

Second, stop supporting terrorism around the world.

And third, stop threatening to annihilate my country, Israel, the one and only Jewish state.

Thank you.

If the world powers are not prepared to insist that Iran change its behavior before a deal is signed, at the very least they should insist that Iran change its behavior before a deal expires.

If Iran changes its behavior, the restrictions would be lifted. If Iran doesn't change its behavior, the restrictions should not be lifted.

If Iran wants to be treated like a normal country, let it act like a normal country.”

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

"In the speech, Netanyahu said world powers should not treat Iran “like a normal country” until it “acts like a normal country,” listing its support for terrorism around the world, its aggression against its neighbors and its many calls for Israel’s annihilation.

But “that’s a wholly unrealistic and, frankly, simplistic argument,” Harf said."

So we are not against terrorism?  What?  Very strange

Guest shiloh357

Harf is both unrealistic and simplistic.  Honestly...  I think she got her degree out of a box of Cracker Jacks.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

The President said there was nothing new in PM Netanyahu's speech.  How did he know that if he wasn't watching it?  If people don't want Iran to be sanctioned for its pursuit of nuclear weapons, maybe they will be more supportive of sanctions against Iran for its support of global terrorism?

Negotiations shouldn't continue until Iran stops funding global terrorism.  That should absolutely be an uncompromising condition before advancing negotiations to the next stage.