• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

The Week,  July 2014, Pg 17

The largest reservoir on Earth may be hiding hundreds of miles beneath the surface, The discovery could radically shift our understanding of how the oceans formed, indicating that water on the surface may have come from the interior of the planet--through a process called degassing--rather than from collisions with large, icy comets. The newly revealed reservoir is located in the mantle, the hot, rocky layer that separates Earth's crust from its metallic core. Not in liquid, the H2O is trapped inside the mineral ringwoodite, which has a crystal-like structure that makes it act like a sponge.

Researchers estimate that if as little one percent of that is liquid, it would amount to nearly three times the volume of all the oceans on the surface. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Interesting. The Book of Genesis does say that some of the waters of the Flood came from below, not all of it was rain.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings ,,,

I have often heard that Sheol might be in the center of the earth,,,,,interesting that there is a "gulf" that separates them .......

'And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

"And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and sees Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

"And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

"But Abraham said, Son, remember that   in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and you are tormented.

"And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from there to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from there                                                                  Luke 16     ( in it's entirety verses 19-31)

With love-in Christ,Kwik

King James Bible
But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.                                      Genesis2:6

11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the floodgates of the sky were opened.                                                        Genesis7:11

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

Since childhood, I have had an implicit belief in the Bible, knowing also that my understanding is limited, but I have never looked for evidence for any of it's claims.

If I did not understand what I read, I accepted my inability, knowing that sooner or later the truth would come to me, because the Bible sows the seed of truth in my mind, and it germinates later.

Over the years, we hear of this or that discovery, and it convinces some and others not, of the flood, or any other Biblical topic.

But I have never had a desire to disprove or prove the Bible, because Jesus was my comforter as a child, and I dared never to question that connection lest I should lose it. As an adult, I feel the same way, and have never doubted that the Bible is the Word of God.

That may seem strange to some people, because there doesn't seem to be any room for reasoning here.

But Jesus appealed to all the reasoning a human could possibly have. He was there when I had no where to turn, and He made His presence evident through ways that I could perceive. He gave answers to prayers and gave me information about whatever I needed, and He has never left me to my own mistakes and mishaps.

So to be honest, whenever I see or hear of evidence for the flood or whatever, I am pleased when evidence comes forward, but disappointed that people don't believe first.

Faith opens up the secrets of nature and the Bible. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge."

God has wanted to give people plenty of evidence for the flood, far above any scientific capability to know, but people are in a state of doubt and ignorance, that shuts their minds down.

I have always found that the most open minded people in the world are those who are listening and searching for the voice of reproof and comfort of the Holy Spirit. "He will guide you into all truth."

The Bible says that the waters prevailed over the earth and above the highest mountain.

Today we have the Himalayan mountains as the tallest in the world, did the waters cover these?

According to the Bible yes.

Were there higher mountains than Everest in the pre flood world? Apparently yes, according to some writings and traditions.

But that does not leave us with a greater challenge to find out how they were covered, because if it can be done with Everest, why not a higher one?

The concept of the water level rising uniformly world over, is not necessarily the case, but persisted on by so called science which subsequently denies the flood, and yet even today the oceans are not spread out uniformly in level, they differ by as much as 100 meters, which is about fifty times the depth of a tide.

Does anyone want to have a go at explaining that? because the answer will tell us something about the behavior of water on a large scale which occurred during the flood.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

The Bible says that the waters prevailed over the earth and above the highest mountain.

Today we have the Himalayan mountains as the tallest in the world, did the waters cover these?

According to the Bible yes.

Were there higher mountains than Everest in the pre flood world? Apparently yes, according to some writings and traditions.

But that does not leave us with a greater challenge to find out how they were covered, because if it can be done with Everest, why not a higher one?

The concept of the water level rising uniformly world over, is not necessarily the case, but persisted on by so called science which subsequently denies the flood, and yet even today the oceans are not spread out uniformly in level, they differ by as much as 100 meters, which is about fifty times the depth of a tide.

Does anyone want to have a go at explaining that? because the answer will tell us something about the behavior of water on a large scale which occurred during the flood.

:thumbsup:

What Science Doesn't Know

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. Ecclesiastes 3:11

A clinical interview with a bright student reveals a common misconception about how shells were embedded into the rocks on the top of Mount Everest: the sea level was much higher in the past. While it is true that sea level varies over geologic time, scientist Britt Argow describes the current scientific interpretation of the Mount Everest fossil shells. She claims that plate tectonic activity—the collision of the Indian Plate with the Asian Plate 40 million years ago—pushed former seafloor skyward, creating the Himalayan mountain range. Featured Scientist: Keith Klepeis, Ph.D. http://www.learner.org/series/modules/express/pages/scimod_32.html

God Does

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. Genesis 7:11

Thanks Joe, 

Scientists have their way of explaining the shells on the mountain tops, which by the way can be found on every mountain, funny that.

So at some point in time all the mountains have been under water. No surprise there.

No doubt, the mechanisms they propose took place during and after the flood, but they were not necessarily caused by a gradual change over millions of years, as we will see later.

1-Mean Sea Level, GPS, and the Geoid

Here is one site, which talks about the different sea levels and the shape of the earth.

Some estimates put the current sea level differences between 30 to 100 m, and others like this site, say that it could be as high as 400 m, if we don't make any allowances for the shape of the earth.

We know that these differences are greatest where the ocean is circulated along the eastern coasts of the major continents.

It is like a river, which may have higher water levels on the outer bank of a turn in the river. As these oceans turn downwards, eventually to go underneath the continents, they build up in height.

Another factor is that the forces acting on the moon to move around the earth from the east to the west, also act on the earth to cause it to spin in the same direction. And both the atmosphere and the oceans are circulated around the earth in the same direction.

Now we would expect that the atmosphere and the oceans move in the opposite directions than the spin of the earth, but they actually circulated slightly faster than the earth is spinning, and in the same direction. A mystery for science.

So if there is a force dragging these bodies of air and water around the earth, we should expect a build up of the oceans near the eastern coasts of the land. So the ocean surface is shaped more like a parabolic curve, rather than level.

These differences in height in water, may vary, but the water stays in these great undulating shapes regardless of the tendencies of water to level out.

This shows us that water in large volumes begins to have some kind of independence from other tendencies. It can behave more like a solid than a liquid on a large scale.

So if the Lord caused the waters to cover the land, the land would sink down and nothing could change it back again, short of a miracle. the water which stands over the land in a great undulating shape, would be held there partly by the centrifugal forces of the rotation of the earth. Very much like a blanket spinning in the washing machine, it does not even itself out, but tries to throw your machine out the door. If the waters prevailed as God puts it, nothing could save the land, which would be pressed under, crushed, softened, malleable, dissolved and deposited in hundreds of layers like the entire world after. 

There are a few other factors on this subject of prevailing water which the Bible mentions - later.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

So if the Lord caused the waters to cover the land, the land would sink down and nothing could change it back again, short of a miracle. the water which stands over the land in a great undulating shape, would be held there partly by the centrifugal forces of the rotation of the earth. Very much like a blanket spinning in the washing machine, it does not even itself out, but tries to throw your machine out the door. If the waters prevailed as God puts it, nothing could save the land, which would be pressed under, crushed, softened, malleable, dissolved and deposited in hundreds of layers like the entire world after. 

:thumbsup:

Beloved My Take Is That When The Deep Was Broken Up,

Terror and pit and snare

Confront you, O inhabitant of the earth. Isaiah 24:18 (NASB)

The Tectonic Plates Were Violently Formed

Then it will be that he who flees the report of disaster will fall into the pit,

And he who climbs out of the pit will be caught in the snare;

For the windows above are opened, and the foundations of the earth shake. Isaiah 24:18 (NASB)

And The Very Earth Itself Was

The earth is broken asunder,

The earth is split through,

The earth is shaken violently  Isaiah 24:19 (NASB)

Knocked Of It's Axis

The earth reels to and fro like a drunkard

And it totters like a shack,

For its transgression is heavy upon it,

And it will fall, never to rise again. Isaiah 24:20 (NASB)

And Terraformed

So it will happen in that day,

That the LORD will punish the host of heaven on high,

And the kings of the earth on earth. Isaiah 24:21 (NASB)

(One Again) By It's Creator

They will be gathered together

Like prisoners in the dungeon,

And will be confined in prison;

And after many days they will be punished. Isaiah 24:22 (NASB)

That Is What I See

Then the moon will be abashed and the sun ashamed,

For the LORD of hosts will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem,

And His glory will be before His elders. Isaiah 24:23 (NASB)

In The Forecast Confirmed By The Earth's Story (Geology)

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Romans 1:20

~

As you know, many of those texts are referring to the end of the earth. And as you have said these same forces were involved in the destruction by water during the flood. The earth beneath would have had great and violent changes.

Evidence of that can be seen in the numerous crater formations world over, which are buried under ice, under deep water, in jungles and mountains and far out in the desert. If we could strip the earth of water and vegetation it would look like the surface of the moon in some parts.

There were hundreds if not thousands of explosions under water during the flood, many which occurred towards the end of the flood as the pressure of the water was lessened and the heat released in underwater volcanoes and gas explosions. 

When it comes to understanding the dynamics of the great flood, the Bible has all the answers which science has not even thought of.

There are many factors which prove that the flood is not only possible but without God in control of the earth and its oceans, would not only happen again, but never cease, the waters would never abate if the ocean had its way.

Now to common thinking, the earth is the strongest part of where we live, but also the heaviest (Proverbs 27:3) and God has made the earth to last forever, for which there are numerous texts.

However the earth is not so strong, that it cannot resist sinking beneath the oceans which tend to dominate the land.

So God promised Noah, that it would not happen again. If the flood was a local one, then that promise could not be true.

Here are some texts to show how domineering the water is.

Genesis 7:18 - the water prevailed over the earth.

II Peter 3:6 - the water overflowed the earth.

This tendency is so strong that God has put a number of systems of control to tame the oceans.

One of them is the atmosphere, - Job 37:18 says the atmosphere is very strong, see Exodus 38:8, like brass.

God used the wind the push the ocean off the land. Genesis 8:1.

The seas need to be controlled - Job 38:11 & 25, 28:11, 26:12 God divides the sea - for one.

Jeremiah 31:36, 

The sky dominates the ocean, Job 9:8 and God has founded the earth above the waters, Psalms 24:2 and can let go of the earth as well Psalms 46:2,3 so that the earth goes under again. God holds the mountains fast, and calms the oceans, Psalms 65:6,7 89:9.

There are many texts which show that water has the tendency to rule the land, as even in the beginning God lifted the earth out of the waters.

So the atmospheric pressure, distribution and winds help control the oceans. One of many factors.

For instance a low pressure system can raise the ocean level by as much as 4 meters, over a distance of 500 square kilometers. that is a lot of power.

The atmosphere according to the Bible is able to dominate the activity of the ocean, and the ocean is able to dominate the activity of the earth. So which is the weakest component in the flood?