• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/19/1975

On 3/10/2015 at 1:55 AM, Seeking1 said:

I am testing the doctrine of whether or not Christians can have demons. I have some questions about this for both sides of the issue.

1.) Question for those who say Christians CANNOT have demons:

Why would the apostles cast demons out of people AT ALL if belief of the gospel alone would ALWAYS cause them to be removed immediately for SOLE habitation by the Holy Spirit? Remember, this is POST not PRE Pentecost. This isn't OT stuff or before Christ died on the cross for our sins. As many on both sides assert, it is pointless to try and remove demons from someone who refuses to believe the gospel or even misunderstands it somehow, as the demons will not only return later but also in greater numbers the second time around, making the last state worse than the first.

Since this is at least generally true, why would the apostles participate in and even promote such a thing? This would definitely lead to confusion, and God is not supposed to be the author of confusion. Why didn't the apostles simply share the gospel and leave the demons inside the unsaved? It could definitely lead to the idea of Christians being able to have them by doing such a thing rather than sharing the gospel alone. Exorcisms should be considered un-biblical in general then and even a hindrance to delivering the untainted gospel if ONLY the unsaved can have them.

2.) Question for those who say Christians CAN have demons:

Jesus said that people who have had demons cast out of them are "empty" vessels right before the demons are able to return. How can a Christian who has the Holy Spirit be "empty" so that a demon might possess them? This argument is often used as an apologetic against those who say Christians can have demons.

we have fundamental problems here :D

when you said testing the doctrine, are you aware that there are cessasionism and continualism mindset ? (see my footnote for wikis)

cessasionism believes yes, because exegesis say so.
continualism believes no, because RHEMA added more insight on the top of existing exegesis, which cessasionist think as eisegesis aka injecting opinion into text.

you cannot use cessationism thinking to validate continualist mindset. what you have is giving old wine to new patch.
you cannot use continualist thinking to convince cessationism mindset. what you have is giving new wine to old wine.

-- footnote --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessationism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuationism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessationism_versus_continuationism

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

you seem to be really hung up on this cessationism subject.   You are bringing it into many threads.   If you want to discuss it why don't you start a thread on the subject.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

1 hour ago, other one said:

you seem to be really hung up on this cessationism subject.   You are bringing it into many threads.   If you want to discuss it why don't you start a thread on the subject.

i focus on helping solving people problem, but it should be my way.

So i need to know what's TS (thread starter) background before giving anything. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, de1929 said:

i focus on helping solving people problem, but it should be my way.

So i need to know what's TS (thread starter) background before giving anything. 

well, you should either start a thread on it, or stop injecting it into so many different threads.....   it's difficult to see where you are coming from without us discussing it in general..

4 hours ago, other one said:

well, you should either start a thread on it, or stop injecting it into so many different threads.....   it's difficult to see where you are coming from without us discussing it in general..

thanks bro :D

if i have to teach, then i forced everybody to follow my context. similar to running a seminar with a topic serves as scope and boundary.

if i answer problem by problem, then i focus to do consulting service. I don't start with boundary in-mind, but focusing on their problems.

I did not say you are wrong, but i want to do consulting service. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

1 hour ago, de1929 said:

thanks bro :D

if i have to teach, then i forced everybody to follow my context. similar to running a seminar with a topic serves as scope and boundary.

if i answer problem by problem, then i focus to do consulting service. I don't start with boundary in-mind, but focusing on their problems.

I did not say you are wrong, but i want to do consulting service. 

Yet you follow 2 men who have made it their occupation to become personally rich off the tithes and donations of the poor through "preaching" their version of "the gospel" ?

3 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

Yet you follow 2 men who have made it their occupation to become personally rich off the tithes and donations of the poor through "preaching" their version of "the gospel" ?

what does it do with TS:  whether or not Christians can have demons  ?

Just now, de1929 said:

what does it do with TS:  whether or not Christians can have demons  ?

It has to do with what you have to say about whether or not Christians can have demons.

1 minute ago, thereselittleflower said:

It has to do with what you have to say about whether or not Christians can have demons.

exactly, i  already explain in my first post here... cessasionist and continualist has different way to see christian can have demons or not. I am continualist. You must be cessasionis :D

Just now, de1929 said:

exactly, i  already explain in my first post here... cessasionist and continualist has different way to see christian can have demons or not. I am continualist. You must be cessasionis :D

Your labels are meaningless.  I'm sorry but this arbitrary classifying people into one of two categories doesn't have anything to do with this topic.