IGNORED

Israel's election results , Exit Polls & more

ncn

Guest shiloh357

I have to correct something I said.   I didn't realize that Likud gained six seats.   Given their system, to win six seats is a virtual landslide.   But he still needs to focus on the economic issues and show that he is concerned about all aspects of governance.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

relieved

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I am very happy that Bibi won!   :heart:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

Mr Netanyhu said prayers at the Western Wall, Judaism's holiest prayer site, the day after his win

He aims to build a new coalition government within two to three weeks, his party says.

Mr Netanyahu has not yet been asked to form a government, but the win makes him most likely to be given the first opportunity by Israeli President Reuven Rivlin.

Likud said Mr Netanyahu had already spoken to parties he saw as possible coalition partners,

including right-wing and ultra-Orthodox parties and the centrist Kulanu, which won 10 seats.

Kulanu's support is likely to be essential, with its leader Moshe Kahlon offered the post of finance minister by Mr Netanyahu ahead of the vote.

During campaigning, Mr Netanyahu said he would not allow the creation of a Palestinian state if re-elected.

Heading into the elections, the foremost issue for Israeli voters appeared to be the rising cost of living and expanding gap between rich and poor.

Beneath the surface was the palpable tension between the Israeli prime minister and the US president,

as well as its implications for the US-Israeli relationship and the broader region.

Confronting a tougher political battle battle than he anticipated, Mr Netanyahu made the election about security, primarily the threat posed by Iran.

Breaking political protocol, he bypassed the White House and gave a controversial yet compelling speech before the US Congress regarding the danger of a "bad deal" from the ongoing P5+1 negotiation with Iran.

(Source BBC news )

I wonder if Obama's phone call to congratulate Bibi will be tense... :laugh:

Guest shiloh357

The last I have heard, he has, up to this point, refused to make any congratulatory calls to Bibi.   I have a feeling that such a phone call is not forthcoming, LOL

The last I have heard, he has, up to this point, refused to make any congratulatory calls to Bibi.   I have a feeling that such a phone call is not forthcoming, LOL

He'll have to keep up appearances. The call will be made through grinding teeth.  :laughing:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

He'll have to keep up appearances. The call will be made through grinding teeth.  :laughing:

"White House spokesman Josh Earnest assistant to the President and press secretary in the White House Office of Communications, said that President Barack Obama was yet to congratulate Mr Netanyahu on his win but would do so in the coming days once he had been directed to form a government, as in previous elections."

"White House spokesman Josh Earnest said: "It has been the policy of the United States for more than 20 years that a two-state solution is the goal of resolving the conflict between the Israelis and Palestinians."

The US would "re-evaluate our approach" in the wake of Mr Netanyahu's comments ruling out a Palestinian state, he said."

(Source BBC 18 March 2015 Last updated at 18:16)

"It has been the policy of the United States for more than 20 years that a two-state solution is the goal of resolving the conflict between the Israelis and Palestinians."

They'll be no resolution as long as one side (the "palestinians") are determined to annihilate the other side.

Guest shiloh357

Which shows how naïve the administration is.    The conflict will not stop with a two state solution.   The Arabs rejected the two state solution three times in the 20th century (1936, 1947, and 2000)    The conflict is rooted in Islam's irrational hatred for Israel, which will never stop, no matter what.   The Arab goal is not peace, but the destruction of Israel and they have made no secret of that.