IGNORED

Gay Christian, struggling with homosexuality.

Hey the way to deliverance is Christ and trusting in his power to deliver you. Before I met Christ when I was 18 I had struggled with the same thing during my school years and it was terrible, but when Christ came in my life their was overcoming power to overcome it and it left. Christ said in the gospel of John that we should be of good courage because he has overcome the world and every single temptation and struggle and was perfect through everything. He his the source, the Life and power. And our everything. John

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/22/1966

Welcome to Worthy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Welcome to Worthy.Have you ever read any books by Joe Dallas?He is gay or was gay.He is a Christian.

Here is a link to his books:

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Dallas/e/B001HD0T96

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Welcome

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Welcome, Daniel2015, and yes, I have been there, too.

From Daniel2015’s OP:

The phrase “gay Christian” refers to a person who struggles against homosexual desires and temptations – Who if falls will repent, return to God, and will continue to run the race, againt the struggle of sin in their life. However, the description “gay Christian” is not accurate for such a person, since he/she does not desire to be gay, and is struggling against the temptations. Such a person is not  really a “gay Christian,” but rather is simply a struggling Christian, just as there are Christians who struggle with fornication, lying, and stealing, Pride, idolatry, adultery, thievery, covetousness, alcoholism, slander, and deceit etc. etc.'

That is absolutely 100% correct. 

Let’s start closing doors to demonic influence.  The first step in overcoming is to avoid accepting the worldly labels that are temptingly laid out for you by the god of this world.  Words matter.  Those who speak like the world are presumed to be of the world.   Do not compare yourself with the number; those who do so are not wise.

“Gay Christian” is an unwise label to appropriate.

Now, to continue with that thought i.e. words matter, I do not call myself a Christian, either, and for the same reason.  I do not claim that worldly title.  Such labels are the way that the world makes its attachment to you. Hitler claimed to be “Christian,” George Bush claims to be “Christian,” etc. etc.

The term 'Christian' was used to describe a follower of Christ in terms of the world, from the world’s point of view. The pagans at Antioch called the apostles "Christians" first (Acts 11:26; 26:28) and used it derogatorily because the apostles didn’t follow the commercial world of the pagans. "Christian" is an adjective, not a noun. The substance is not in the word "Christian", the substance is in the heart of the man it is attempting to describe, and which the pagan user cannot see.

Christ never called himself a Christian, Christ never called his followers Christians. The apostles never called each other Christians. Christ never used an adjective to describe himself. So how are we to identify ourselves then? The disciples called each other, "brethren", "disciples", "apostles", "servants", "believers", "followers", "the faithful", "the elect", "the called", and "saints." We can also identify ourselves as "bondservants" of Christ.

Some of you won’t be able to get past your conditioning to accept that.  So be it.  If you believe I am in error, prove it, with scripture.  Otherwise, hold your peace.

Hey the way to deliverance is Christ and trusting in his power to deliver you. Before I met Christ when I was 18 I had struggled with the same thing during my school years and it was terrible, but when Christ came in my life their was overcoming power to overcome it and it left. Christ said in the gospel of John that we should be of good courage because he has overcome the world and every single temptation and struggle and was perfect through everything. He his the source, the Life and power. And our everything. John

That is all good.

I would say the same as she....there is a danger of being tempted by those struggling with the same issue. Sin is sin...none better than another...so let us just be supportive of each other keeping sin in itself in mind. Doing so in Private ....could be dangerous.

and

hi daniel, and welcome to worthy! i would caution against seeking any private communication with others who are struggling with the same issue, because it could lead to temptation for one or both.  but there are many here who can help you in your struggle from a biblical perspective, with compassion and prayer support.

Yes. And some might consider the local church to be one such “private” place -- at least, based on Daniel2015’s experiences with it.  Also AA might likewise be considered a “secretive” organization for the same reasons.  It’s that fleshly ‘hidden knowledge/occultic/enlightenment’ perspective that so much of the world is promoting these days.

I'm looking to build up a network of people thAt understand and fight this issue . Look at the AA model alcoholics come together and support each other and it works. I am not looking to meet with anyone or entertain any temptations only share and discuss our battle. You are very loving by offering to help but if you have not lived it - You cannot understand it.

Daniel2015, yet another “network” can’t hold its own against the enemy. The all-inclusive AA model tells you to call on your ‘higher power’; for some, that would be satan.  (Paul wasn’t killed because he preached Jesus Christ; Paul was killed because he preached the exclusivity of Jesus Christ.) With the AA model, drunkards are not healed; they stand up at each meeting, after 20 years of being sober, and still say, “Hi, my name is Joe and I’m an alcoholic.”  These guys never truly heal; they are reduced to becoming mere professional AA attendees for life.  There you go, we’re right back to accepting the “gay Christian” label and the open door it creates to keeping one in bondage.  This is spiritual warfare.

We need to drop all the worldly labels and committees and bust out our respective knee pads before the King of glory.  He stands by, ready and able; only he can sort this out for you.  Are you ready to lay it all out before him and him alone?

Edited by sojourner4Christ

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

Christ never called himself a Christian, Christ never called his followers Christians. The apostles never called each other Christians. Christ never used an adjective to describe himself. So how are we to identify ourselves then? The disciples called each other, "brethren", "disciples", "apostles", "servants", "believers", "followers", "the faithful", "the elect", "the called", and "saints." We can also identify ourselves as "bondservants" of Christ.

This is incorrect, Peter referred to followers of Christ as Christian, including himself (the greek equivalent of Christian, anyway - Christianos, phonetically).

1Pe 4:16  Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter. 
1Pe 4:17  For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Thanks for your response.

:thumbsup:

When he found him, he brought him back to Antioch. Both of them stayed there with the church for a full year, teaching large crowds of people. (It was at Antioch that the believers were first called Christians.) Acts 11:26 (New Living Translation)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Daniel,

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,,it seems to  me you have a very good understanding of the struggles you are having,,,,,,,I read carefully what you have said in your OP,you have identified sin as sin,,,,,,,not  as one who would say"I am a Christian Liar",,,,"I am a Christian Adulteror".............you are not claiming the sin as your own but merely recognizing the spirit,,,,,,,,,,,,,that spirit can be delivered & you can be set free

I have not personally had to struggle with this particularly but I CAN & DO understand because it is no different than any other spirit which leads us to temptations in the flesh,,,,,,I personally know of many individuals that have been delivered of the spirit of homosexuality and are today happily married to members of the opposite sex with children.....these are the people you should seek council with,Spirit Filled men & women of God who are living Victoriously in Christ......

You are in my prayers,I know you will be an overcomer through Christ Jesus,you are on the right path & you have my support and my...........................Love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I just cleaned this thread.  This person is seeking advice and direction.  If anyone has a desire to discuss another topic, start a new thread and not hijack this oone.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Hello Daniel2015,

I noticed you have not posted for a month, but just in case you are still watching this thread.

Remember that we are not here for our self, but for our spirit and the One that sent that spirit.

In that regard, our love is based on the other person's spiritual self, and their truth.

Spiritual love is unconditional love. It is not even conditioned by gender.

If our love is not based on spirit, then it is based on body, on ego-self, fear, and all sorts of conditional manipulations for ego-self to feed off.

It is a lust for self satisfaction, regardless of what stories we may have of being 'loving' to the other. Cut through the stories and we find it is all self serving.

Love the other person's spiritual love that loves you. If you have trouble, and wanting a sexual relationship, remember why we are here. 

Same gender sexual relationships has no primary purpose such as reproduction. It is pure fantasy and greed for self satisfaction, regardless if it is mutual.

The goal is to learn to respect each other's spiritual life above bodily life. With that respect firmly in place, unconditional love starts to become more valuable than any love we may have valued beforehand.

Adoration, devotion, and oneness with another person, regardless of gender, becomes possible and true.

As previous posts have suggested, prayer and meditation on God's will for us is paramount to living a truth-filled life.

God Bless.