Sign in to follow this  
missmuffet

My new housecleaning detergent

smiley-chores020.gif

Apple Cider Vinegar

Google it .It works great.

Anyone else have any other uses for Apple Cider vinegar?

Dipping spring rolls in it.

Sprinkle it on top of fried eggs (no really try it, just a bit)

Making pork belly adobo (had it tonight, one of my favorites)

Descaling lime deposits on the element of a kettle. Leave overnight and boil in the morning.

Removing odors from a fridge.

Washing tiled floors with a mixture of water and vinegar (they shine, are disinfected, and it does not smell)

Treating blue bottle (Portuguese man of war) stings (it helps neutralize the venom).

Dissolving sea urchin spines after having a few stuck in the palm of my hand while diving for crayfish (wrap hand in bandage and soak in vinegar for a few days).

Wonderful stuff vinegar!

Descaling lime deposits on the element of a kettle. Leave overnight and boil in the morning.

Washing tiled floors with a mixture of water and vinegar (they shine, are disinfected, and it does not smell)

Treating blue bottle (Portuguese man of war) stings (it helps neutralize the venom).

Dissolving sea urchin spines after having a few stuck in the palm of my hand while diving for crayfish (wrap hand in bandage and soak in vinegar for a few days).

Wonderful stuff vinegar!

interesting list.

Salt water crayfish? I don't live near the ocean so I didn't know they existed.

Wonderful stuff vinegar!

interesting list.

Salt water crayfish? I don't live near the ocean so I didn't know they existed.

Yep, Indian Ocean, scientific name Panularuis Homarus (spelling is a bit off). Size limit 65 mm carapace, bag limit 8. Licence required. We dive in the rocky shore in depths between 1 and 2 meters and find them under ledges and in holes. They are hard to get at and by law can only be caught by hand. as such a one minute breath hold while working hard is needed on average. I have friends who can do three minutes working and 5 minutes while still.  We usually come out a bit banged up from waves against rocks and spiked through our gloves.

As a cardiac workout it beats most of the exercise I do!

https://www.google.co.za/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdecapoda.free.fr%2Fillustration.php%3Fn%3D13%26sp%3D556&ei=ww0oVavsLMzfUePRgJgF&bvm=bv.90491159,d.ZGU&psig=AFQjCNGQF3yvCR_a05_OtI7CVUzRV2bO4A&ust=1428774585688525

If you get the hick-ups.

A teaspoon or so of the stuff and the hick -ups leave.

If you get the hick-ups.

A teaspoon or so of the stuff and the hick -ups leave.

Yes,but always dilute it.It can be damaging to your esophagus.

Sign in to follow this