• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-says-it-wont-rule-out-building-nuclear-weapons-10139229.html

At the closing of the nuclear negotiations purported to be concluded on Sunday, the countdown to a nuclear arms race in the Middle East will begin.

The first stage of this arms race occurred with the releasing of Israel's nuclear secrets by the US Government last month, now that everyone knows Israel has nuclear weapons, and the agreement with Iran is about to occur, it's only a matter of time before other nations start trying to develop their own nuclear weapons.

The President, before he took office wanted to reduce nuclear weapons in the world, and near the conclusion of his administration, the opposite is happening.

Scary times for the world, ". . .elections have consequences . . ." -PBHO Nov 2010

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I don't really think there is enough time left for other nations to start the arms race.   The closer Iran is to creating a nuke, the closer it is to when Israel will stop them.  Once that begins, other nations will back off.

It's possible that Israel may initiate a first strike preventive nuclear attack against Iran, aside from practically destroying Iran, I don't know how effective it will be at ending their nuclear weapons program.  We learned in the last couple of days, the centrifuges are buried deep underground and safe from a missile strike.  I guess Israel could bring the mountain down on top of the facility, but how much power would that take?

After writing my last statement I think I know what Israel will be able to do.  If they can neutralize Iran with a nuclear first strike, it may get them the time they need to get their special forces into Iran and take over their nuclear weapons development sites.  We know they have insiders working in the facilities now, so they may be able to send tactical teams to the nuclear sites and will be let in through the back door by their insiders.

There is an old adage ... "there is more than one way to skin a cat". 

Guest shiloh357

If Israel did  a nuclear first strike on Iran, Europe and the US and other nations would unleash hell on Israel.   I think it would be a huge mistake for Israel to do that.  Israel has one of the most advanced anti-missile systems in the world, known as "Arrow II" and it is capable of taking out  nuke headed Israel's way long before it enters Israel's air space.  Israel also as the latest surface to air laser systems as well, also able to take out incoming missiles.  I think Israel is safe from a nuke attack by Iran.

It is possible that Iran is working on having more than one missile in its arsenal and one or two might be headed for the US if we don't take out their facilities one way or the other.

It seems to me that any airstrike on their facilities would have to be prefaced by strikes on their radar and anti-aircraft surface to air capabilities and command and control. Make them deaf, dumb and blind before sending in low or high level bombers deep inside Iran.

If the US is willing to surrender the bomb to Iran, I just don't see it supporting an attack on it either.  The next US President will be unable to do anything retaliatory against Iran, unless it attacks Israel first, since the US agreed to let Iran develop nuclear weapons.  The current President has hogtied who knows how many succeeding administrations with his foreign policy decisions.

It will be years before we fully understand the extent of the damage done to the US under the Obama administration.

If the US is willing to surrender the bomb to Iran, I just don't see it supporting an attack on it either.  The next US President will be unable to do anything retaliatory against Iran, unless it attacks Israel first, since the US agreed to let Iran develop nuclear weapons.  The current President has hogtied who knows how many succeeding administrations with his foreign policy decisions.

It will be years before we fully understand the extent of the damage done to the US under the Obama administration.

Where did the administration agree to allow Iran to have a nuke?

Guest shiloh357

Justin, I don't think the US is willing for Iran to have  Nuke. It's just this president and his administration that's willing. But not the US.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

well there is one thing you can say about this president.....   he seems to have achieved getting the Sunni's and Shia's in open warfare.   At least they are killing each other and not us at the present.

If there is a race, it will be a short one for the Saudi's can just buy them off the shelf from Pakistan.