• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

If you(not you personally) are not seeing the gifts of the Spirit used, something is wrong somewhere. Everyone of us has a gift from the Holy Spirit, and we use them daily, not just in the Church congregation either. At this very site I can see people using the gifts that God has given them, like teaching, faith, mercy, administration. I'm certain these are things we all do in our daily lives that come almost second nature to us, but they are effective in building up Christ's body. 

Rom 12:5  so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 
Rom 12:6  We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 
Rom 12:7  if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 
Rom 12:8  if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully. 

1Pe 4:10  Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms. 
1Pe 4:11  If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Yes, I have been healed (instant) by prayer, and the Lord has healed my wife on two occasions through my prayer.

And those are two examples of many. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

1 Cor. 12:4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. ... 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.

Note which gifts Paul names at the top of the list: wisdom, knowledge, faith. Not the flashy gifts like healing, miracles, and tongues, which really do not lead to spiritual growth, but rather are signs to witness the truth of Christ's teachings.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

1 Cor. 12:4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. ... 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.

Note which gifts Paul names at the top of the list: wisdom, knowledge, faith. Not the flashy gifts like healing, miracles, and tongues, which really do not lead to spiritual growth, but rather are signs to witness the truth of Christ's teachings.

1 Corinthians 14:4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.

So tongues don't lead to spiritual growth? I guess Paul must have meant something else by edify. It makes sense to me that spiritual gifts will cause spiritual edification.

I don't think he was ordering them in importance, he actually does do that at the bottom of the chapter.

1 Corinthians 12:27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.

If you want to cut off the pinky in favor of the thumb, your going to weaken your grip.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Yes... every  believer has a spiritual gift and they are all used to this day.   The only gift i haven't seen is someone speaking in tongues with an interpreter near by... however i do believe it is a gift that is still used despite my own experiences.