IGNORED

Does the Hebrew translation of Genesis 1:1 leave the door open that Go

RobSigmon

Guest shiloh357

Bonky,

My reference to "wishful thinking" was aimed at the hypocrisy of those who criticize the Christian faith as lacking evidence,  while at the same seriously arguing for life on other planets while  at the same lacking evidence.  It seems that as long as we are not talking about God, "lacking evidence"  isn't a big deal.  It's only important to have evidence when it serves their purpose.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/02/1974

Bonky,

My reference to "wishful thinking" was aimed at the hypocrisy of those who criticize the Christian faith as lacking evidence,  while at the same seriously arguing for life on other planets while  at the same lacking evidence.  It seems that as long as we are not talking about God, "lacking evidence"  isn't a big deal.  It's only important to have evidence when it serves their purpose.

I have yet to find an issue I disagree with you on, Shiloh. This is no exception.

Bonky is coming at the discussion from a different perspective than ours. I agree with you that an atheistic and/or evolutionist perspective is flawed, and fundamentally wrong. It's different, though.

Atheists (and evolutionists) engage in faith. Just like we do. I know what you mean by "wishful thinking" and I agreed with you, literally. To accept a thing on faith (without evidence) like evolution, or the Big Bang and then condemn another belief for lack of evidence is hypocrisy. Pure and simple. No doubt. I agree.

Atheists are in an unprecedented category, however. They claim belief in a thing based upon non-existent testing and evidence and claim it isn't a belief. Baffling. Maddening.

I love what I call "Paul preaching". That is, preach the truth as it is and those who recognize it will accept it and those who don't recognize it will reject it. We need to do this.

I have a particular soft spot for unbelievers, though. I was one. There is hope for them. I accepted the intellectual fact that there is a God because of pure logic. I continued to believe in God (and the God of the Bible) because of the compassion and soft hand of a few learned shepherds that guided me.

I have tried to "beat" people over the head with truth. In fact, I've done it successfully. I still feel ashamed, after the fact. I still do it, truth be told. It's a hard habit to break.

Unbelievers need our truth, but they need our compassion more. They need both in equal amounts, at least.

You should never let something "pass" that is untrue. Thank you for not doing that.

Maybe I'm just talking to myself, and less to you, when I talk about compassion. You've been at this more than I have. You know better than I do. I'm sorry.

I admit that you're wiser than I am. I apologize for my words (but not sorry enough to delete them, evidently :) ).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/02/1957

Some will say no its only this planet God created Man on this is not true we can not even think that we are the only intelligent life God created we could be the only ones of all the life in Gods vast universe that fell and God doesn't want sin of  this solar system when Jesus retruns and the 1000 years is over and the great white throne is completed and eternety  has started then maybe God will give man the ability to go explore but like I heard it could be just a Vail but I don't think that either

Some will say no its only this planet God created Man on this is not true we can not even think that we are the only intelligent life God created we could be the only ones of all the life in Gods vast universe that fell and God doesn't want sin of  this solar system when Jesus retruns and the 1000 years is over and the great white throne is completed and eternity has started then maybe God will give man the ability to go explore but like I heard it could be just a Vail but I don't think that either

:thumbsup:

New

“For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind. Isaiah 65:17 (ESV)

All New

And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever. Revelation 22:5 (ESV)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

there is probably a good reason we don't know all about this in detail....