IGNORED

Would You Be Willing To Go To Jail For What You Believe?

RustyAngeL

Guest Thallasa

Yes what you have said rings true I think ,as instead of waiting for the axe to fall as it were ,are we brave enough to stand up

and be counted in everyday life ,and be the best example  of  both kindness and courage to those who need witness .

We need to be an example to others  most of all .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I think I would be willing to die for Christ, but I will not die for a religion or a doctrine. It is an easy thing to say I would die for Him, from the comfort of my living room chair. It is another thing to endure torture, or witness the torture of others, which would only be releived if you recant your faith. I do not know if I have what it takes to do that, but I would hope that my savior would grant me that grace, should the time come, to love, forgive, and pray for those who would be my persecutors. What we might fail to do in our human weakness, God is able to empower us to accomplish for His glory.

Jail? Jail seems like a relatively small sacrifice. I think that I would go to jail for a much less worthy cause than our God,even unsaved people find the strength to go to jail for causes they beleive in, and that without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Going to jail, or even death, are not the real challenges. The real challenge is not loss of freedom or loss of life, it is in using your freedom and your life to live for Him while it is easy.

Jail, suffering, and death, are not required of all believers, but living for Him, is a reasonable expectation for all believers. How are we doing so far?

It is an easy thing to say I would die for Him, from the comfort of my living room chair. It is another thing to endure torture, or witness the torture of others, which would only be releived if you recant your faith. I do not know if I have what it takes to do that, but I would hope that my savior would grant me that grace, should the time come, to love, forgive, and pray for those who would be my persecutors. What we might fail to do in our human weakness, God is able to empower us to accomplish for His glory.

Amen! I will not be so glib as to state yes so casually as I sit in my air conditioned comfort, with a full stomach.

As for jail, also I wonder. A Mozambique jail is a true hell hole. I have seen them. Just looking in on one is enough for me to question myself. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/02/1957

yes I would and I would get my head chopped off to keep from being thrown into the lake of fire for taking the mark of the beast if its Gods will for me to be left behind to suffer the tribulation but  I don't believe that will happen

Edited by Chosen_1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Yes, lock me up and throw away the key! Jails are great places to present the truth of the gospel! A captive audience who is starving for living bread.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Would You Be Willing To Go To Jail For What You Believe?

I know it sounds like a simple answer.  It really is I guess a  Yes or No answer.  But what of the consequences?  It could involve loosing your home,  job and maybe even family and friends.  In other words are you willing to  stand alone for your beliefs willing to go to jail or worse?

I know there are a few people in my life that would not want anything to do with me if they knew how I felt about things that are black and white in the Bible.  I had to ask myself how far would I go to stand without faltering in what I believe and I have to admit to you I struggled on some things.  Not whether they were right or wrong but about  how far I would go. It can get kind of lonely out on that  limb all by yourself.  What about you?  Please think about it very carefully before answering.

Because He Lives!! RustyAngeL

Would you be willing to go to jail for what you believe?

I see a difference between what I believe and what I know. I still have many beliefs that I do not know if they are true.

So I am assuming the later. Truth is the only reality, regardless of where I am. Knowing this truth has no needs or wants. It is complete and not lost. Going to jail does not alter that.

My ego-mind will not be willing to go to jail, it has no investment to go there. On the other hand, my spirit-mind has no preference where the body goes.

Unwillingness to go to jail, is my fear based stories about jail, and fears of losing my investments (self-esteem/ego-energy, conditional love, etc).

So my answer from my ego is NO, my answer from my spirit is IRRELEVANT.

But what of the consequences?  It could involve loosing your home,  job and maybe even family and friends.

Personally, I have lost all those things before. I am no longer afraid of such loss.

I only have new friends now, and they all understand what I am saying here.

It can get kind of lonely out on that  limb all by yourself.  What about you?

Yes, at times I get visited by that sense of loneliness. Thankfully, whenever that feeling arises, I get reminded that I have diverted from the Truth.

I get reminded that I am not here for me, but for the One that sent me.

I am here to learn and remain true, humble and meek, and allow God's spirit in me to express itself (God's Love) in this realm. Regardless of where I am.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/31/1985

It doesn't matter if I am willing or not, but if God wills it for me. I just obey.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

The question is whether or not we would be willing to GO TO JAIL for what we believe in Christ. That's an easy one. Yes. I care less and less what people around me think for my views on religion and relationship, especially now that being a Christian is no longer "cool".

However when you speak of being faced with certain death if one would not renounce their belief in Christ: I can't answer that. I would hope that I wouldn't deny Jesus. But I won't pretend to know what I'd do. So many times out of even anger I have tried to MAKE myself do things wrongly and/or unholy, only to find out that I could not let myself be so mean and cruel to others. It may well be the same if ever I was threatened with my own life. I might not be "able" to let myself cower to the enEmy.

However, the enEmy is assuredly knowledgeable and knows what means more to a man than his own life. What if your own immediate family was forced to their knees with guns to their heads, all of them, and you're told to renounce your God or see their brains all over the street?

I'm not going to pretend I have the answers to that personally. The only way I'd ever know is to live it...and I just pray to God I never will, nor any of my family.

Edited by Matthew T.

I'm not going to pretend I have the answers to that personally. The only way I'd ever know is to live it...and I just pray to God I never will, nor any of my family.

:thumbsup:

Amen Dear Brother~!

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18

One Sure

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Isaiah 43:2

Hope

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

yes I would and I would get my head chopped off to keep from being thrown into the lake of fire for taking the mark of the beast if its Gods will for me to be left behind to suffer the tribulation but  I don't believe that will happen

I believe that if you are truly born again you will not be here for the tribulation.  I know there are several thoughts on that but my personal belief is that will be gone before the tribulation. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Yes, lock me up and throw away the key! Jails are great places to pesent the ruth of the gospel! A captive audience who is starving for living bread.

Paul and Silus sure had that.  When in prison and an earthquake hit and opened all the prison doors, He told the jailer "do yourself no harm for we are all here.  Even the jailer got saved and his whole family, some things are just worth dying for.