• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

"Prayer can change your Luck"........I totally agree with these golden words :)

I am curious....as how you see the Will of God as being "Luck"

God Bless,

Hip

Guest Fish Catcher Jim

I am curious....as how you see the Will of God as being "Luck"

God Bless,

Hip

I agree with Hip with this one for God and luck go together like water and electricity.

Blessings Borther

Jim

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Do you mean luck as in random things happening, or God's favor being displayed more and more?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Prayer includes having our thoughts open and directed towards God, so that means we can pray without ceasing.

Edited by Kan

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It does seem a bit ecsessive if you are practicing. My wife is on worship and I do some sound and the AV stuff. They will practice for two hours, set levels, etc. finish and then pray for the Spirit to inhabit our praises. Prayer last about 15 min or so I guess.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

Prayer is basically having a dialogue with God. It doesn't necessarily mean you have to drop everything you are doing to pray, although there is a time for that as well. You can pray while you are driving for example.

I am a firm believer of doing things during the time specifically assign to it, which is to practice the music in order to worship God (also a type of prayer). I think dedicating half of the time to solely pray in that manner is not very wise. A short prayer would suffice, people on the worship team who wants to pray for a long time could pray together prior to the worship practice so it doesn't have to eat up time of others who doesn't have the time or wish to pray so long. Everyone have an different idea of how long they are comfortable praying for, why not let people decide for themselves.

I would suggest splitting the worship time and prayer time. People who are interested in long prayers could come to that session prior to the worship practice and people who do not could come during the a lotted worship practice. A few minute short prayer prior to the worship practice should suffice.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings DrummaBoyFB

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,,,Praise the Lord!   Oh,I do understand your plight,I think you are probably feeling you are between a rock & a hard place because you are new to this group of people and perhaps you are not comfortable with voicing your opinon,,,,,,udx gave a wonderful alternative & I hope I help to encourage you to make this suggestion to the other musicians,,,,,remember,these are your brothers & Sisters in Christ & you should certainly be able to discuss this & reason together,,,,,,,,

I would suggest that you pray ,ask the Lord to help you to say these things with love,.........I believe practice time should be for practice & I am sure whoever wants to pray for an hour can come to the church an hour before to pray or stay and hour afterwards,,,,,of course a heartfelt corporate prayer before practice should always be but I don't see how "forcing " anyone to pray for a specific amount of time can be edifying?I am sure others must feel the same way you do if as you say.everyone is rushed & out of time because of this,,,,,,,God Bless you & I pray the Lord help you resolve your concern & to God be the Glory!!!                                                                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

Oh,almost forgot,,,,,no,I don't believe there can EVER be too much prayer (not for us as individuals) but it must be earnest & from the heart

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

No there is never such a thing as too much prayer.

Amen, there is never such a thing as to  much prayer.  The Bible tells us to pray without ceasing.  Prayer is what brings us into the  very presence of God.  So Yes I would say that on that count your wrong.  It also says "The fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much"  We need to pray everyday.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

No, there isn't such a thing as too much prayer.  There is, however, such a thing as keeping prayer to the point and personal.  If these are scripted prayers then it's excessive.  Talk to the church leadership and suggest  practice followed by a prayer.  I'm sure you're not the only one who doesn't want to spent half your practice time doing something that may not be meaningful to you. 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I wish our music team would learn to pray while they play and sing. Maybe some would do a better job if they did. People who do so unto the Lord are better able to bring us into God's Presence as well. As it is I sit there and pray for them instead.