• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

What do you think?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/15/mass-movement-us-christians-don-orange-in-church-to-honor-isis-victims/

A new campaign sweeping through American churches has worshipers wearing orange - either in their Sunday best or on ribbons - to raise attention to the Christians executed at the hands of ISIS.The trend draws on the color orange to represent the jump suits worn by captives of the terrorist group, including some 20 Egyptian Copts beheaded last month in Libya. The campaign comes on the heels of remarks by Pope Francis calling attention to the modern-day persecution of Christians around the world. The Rev. Frank Karwacki, of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church in Mount Carmel, Pa., hoped to draw attention to the plight of persecuted Christians by encouraging members of his congregation to wear orange ribbons and dress in the color.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

interesting, but I think its a good thing.

Church is to worship GOD and to learn how to be like Christ. It is not a political stage. Why don't these same people wear commemorative clothing or symbols for those in Asia and Africa who are martyred every day, in vastly more numbers? The Taliban, Al-qaeda, Al-shabab, and other Islamic terrorists kill way more people than does the IS.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I agree, and I am sure that Orange will come to signify ALL Christian martyrs throughout the world, not just the victims of ISIS.  I also do not believe this is a political thing either.  Our persecuted brothers and sisters need us to remember them.

Yes, we do need to remember them all. But, are we remembering those who are muslim who are being slaughtered because they are Suni or Shia? If we are going to memorialize those lost or martyred, let's also remember all the unsaved, not just those who happen to be Christians. Let's not give the Left any more reasons to attack the Church and label it a political entity because we only show concern for a certain class of people. This is my personal opinion, of course. I do not wish to start any acrimony over this topic.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1973

Even though I have compassion for those who are being persecuted I don't see the need for it in church either...to me it is a fad that some are likely to forget. I am one who hate's being told what color I should war for what day or event.

I don't have a lot of clothes of my own as it is and most of what I own are hand me downs many of which are dark colors.....Modesty is what matters to me .

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1973

I do believe we should pray and donate money ext to those missionaries or what not that can help them

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Even though I have compassion for those who are being persecuted I don't see the need for it in church either...to me it is a fad that some are likely to forget. I am one who hate's being told what color I should war for what day or event.

I don't have a lot of clothes of my own as it is and most of what I own are hand me downs many of which are dark colors.....Modesty is what matters to me .

It's not about telling you what colour to wear. You can wear what you want. It's meant to be a symbol of solidarity. Do you refuse to wear a poppy as a symbol of war remembrance because you don't want to be told what flower to wear?

So if you don't see a need for this in church, then where should it be done? If you believe that it is a fad that will be forgotten, then it probably will be... if everybody has the same attitude as you. Likewise murdered Christians will be forgotten as well, if everybody believes that there is no need for this sort of thing in church.

Perhaps we should all go to church to feel good about ourselves and forget about others who are being persecuted. After all, it's not happening to us so why should we bother?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Yes, we do need to remember them all. But, are we remembering those who are muslim who are being slaughtered because they are Suni or Shia? If we are going to memorialize those lost or martyred, let's also remember all the unsaved, not just those who happen to be Christians. Let's not give the Left any more reasons to attack the Church and label it a political entity because we only show concern for a certain class of people. This is my personal opinion, of course. I do not wish to start any acrimony over this topic.

I agree.Also is wearing that Orange emblem marking a person a target for a Muslim attack?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I think its a good thing, be it political or not. Its a lie that churches need to stay out of politics. Churches staying out of politics are a big reason america is the way it is today, while churches being involved in politics are a big reason why America won its freedom in the first place.