DaNcInAnGeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1

Salvation for the GRRRRRR segment must be something beyond STRESSFUL: "Originally" saved on Sunday...."Re-lost" on Tuesday...."Re-saved" on the following Sunday...."Re-lost" again on the Wednesday, over and over again without let-up! Why, it's ridiculous to think that the Lord Jesus would have to CHANGE His declaration at the Judgment Day from "Depart from Me, I NEVER KNEW you" to "Depart from Me, I USED TO KNOW YOU, but I don't anymore!" Why are some kind folk so frivolous in approaching settled Holy Writ "delivered once for all time (Greek) to the saints"? (Jude 1)

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for EVERLASTING salvation - never once "temporal" salvation - so full & free! We will never cease to praise YOU! AMEN & AMEN!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Well, Its obvious people are still interested in repeating themselves.

Thank you Butero for giving us a fine overview of your position. I would like to ask anyone interested in doing the same as 2thepoint and Butero to do so. If you feel that anything has not been covered. I have asked Eric to lock it after everyone is finish. He responded that everyone needed to agree. So, after all has been posted if anyone disagrees with locking it please say so. My reason for wanting it done is that I cannot think of anything that has not been worked over many times. We are only breeding negativity now. We are soiling our efforts by pooping on one another. We all have had some good writing here and we should end it respectfully and as brothers and sisters in Christ. Let new people read a complete and respectfull account. Maybe, they will see where we went wrong!! And start a fresh thread.

Mark

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

quote:

"The CSer effectively does not trust God for eternal life but for something more like a bait-and-switch. To the CS position, salvation is like trying to hold mercury in the hand: one little slip and it's gone. This is not at all what the Bible teaches."

SW:

Mark, I appreciate the offer but at this point I see no reason to conclude with a summary of the Lutheran position when we still have this type of dishonest diatribe. If this poster is representative of the fruit and outworking of the Holy Spirit brought by OSAS then I am even more certain of my position. When believers do not take God's warnings seriously you get the unrepentant harshness that you see above. Very unfortunate. Obviously most of us type things here that we later regret but even as the rest of us wish to reconcile and be brothers in Christ this poster refuses to cease his deceptive and dishonest posts as he keeps building straw men to knock down.

2thepoint, man, you just don't get it. Mark777 made a nice conciliatory post and invitation to post final summaries and yet all you want to do is bicker and argue. I am fairly certain Mark had in mind that the debate be ended at that point. You have no excuses for your behavior now.

SW

quote:

"Good bye."

SW:

We can only hope you mean that!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

st. worm,

Please reconsider.

This will be my last post on this thread. I think it should end for the previously stated reasons. I was hoping that children of God would find it within themselves to love at least each other. So what that we disagee. In the final analysis we should surrender our egos long enough to forgive and act like Christ would have us act. Lets do it. st. Worm - I wish I new your real first name - lets here your position before we go.

Mark

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  1

OK

Several have asked that we close this thread, and I think it is a good idea.

It has run its course