angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

In all honesty, I don't think I have ever died to self even if I believed it, nor do I see myself ever dying to self, it simply is not within me to do so. I can fake it and kid myself, but underneath I am always sold to self.

But occasionally I get a dim glimpse of Jesus Christ, and then I hunger for the day that I will actually appreciate Him for who He is, and I say "Bless you Lord, bless you a million times."

Hi Kan,

It's not easy to dye  to self and we all fail lots of times,our human nature often thinks it knows best but if we could only think before we sometimes acts ...lol

but God will always forgive us if we confess ...not 7 times but always 70 times 7 which means always.

Luke 9:23-24 (NIV) Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks for sharing this topic the way you did.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

851f996c9ea4af7a101bf8893520ff6c.jpg

Amen.   Nothing else needs to be said.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,848
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

I m not sure what exables the writer gave to make

himshelf understood

I may assume he ment a turn to a different direction a better one in the eyes of the people and the Savior

It's like I find my self thinking or about to engage in something that I use to find pleasure to engage in the past but now I diss approve not to go for it but to come against it (kind of refusing to follow or see it as something not to do or avoid doing

• 2 years later...

On 5/27/2015 at 5:13 AM, Raven said:

Dying to self occurs when we are true. A person of truth.

This is what it means for me, I can only die to to meself if I surrend my life to Jesus and let Him be on the throne in my heart , we can't die to ourself if we don't let Jesus be on the throne ....

Amen ?

Colossians 3:3 ESV 

For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God

Ephesians 4:20-24 

But that is not the way you learned Christ!— assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus, to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,147
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is what is mentioned here

John 8:36 (KJV)

[36] If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

To be unfettered with what we began in ... to be a pleasure to God for His keeping... 
Love, Steven

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, angels4u said:

This is what it means for me, I can only die to to meself if I surrend my life to Jesus and let Him be on the throne in my heart , we can't die to ourself if we don't let Jesus be on the throne ....

Amen ?

Colossians 3:3 ESV 

For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God

Ephesians 4:20-24 

But that is not the way you learned Christ!— assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus, to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

Is not Christ in God, Truth?  Therefore: you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God (Truth).

If you cannot see that to be true (not factual) means to be in God's-will, then you are deceiving yourself.  Can you not see that to be in Christ is to be true.

angels4u, I don't need your continual judgement of me, your equivocal differences. They are reflections of your own fears of imperfection, put on others, to feel justified. I don't need it.

1 Corinthians 4:4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.

9 hours ago, Raven said:

Is not Christ in God, Truth?  Therefore: you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God (Truth).

If you cannot see that to be true (not factual) means to be in God's-will, then you are deceiving yourself.  Can you not see that to be in Christ is to be true.

angels4u, I don't need your continual judgement of me, your equivocal differences. They are reflections of your own fears of imperfection, put on others, to feel justified. I don't need it.

1 Corinthians 4:4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.

I,m not judging you Raven ,I sincerely didn't, know how you look at self with a capital S 

Actually I don,t know you but sense that you,re a very nice person,I have no hard feelings or anything,just concern, love you in the Lord :)

I hope you don,t have hard feelings?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, angels4u said:

I,m not judging you Raven ,I sincerely didn't, know how you look at self with a capital S 

Actually I don,t know you but sense that you,re a very nice person,I have no hard feelings or anything,just concern, love you in the Lord :)

I hope you don,t have hard feelings?

All is forgiven, no more concern.

You will know me by the fruit I bear.

Loving the Christ in you.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

There is nothing in angel's post here that was directed at or to raven. Or even judging anyone in the thread. Angels was speaking of herself and what dying to self meant to Angels herself. We need ( we as in general, not anyone specifically here) to read posts a second or third time before responding to a post any of us thinks was directed towards a single person. Posts are often misread specially if the reader is tired, had a hard day, problems at work, don't feel good, etc . . .

I know there are other threads that get heated when people are passionate about a subject. But I would like to point out, that just because someone is a stickler in one thread, does not automatically mean that another poster is being singled out and criticized in another thread. We all need to allow others to have a chance to speak their thoughts or opinions without immediately going on the defense because someone didn't agree on a topic in another thread or multiple of threads.

• Thumbs Up 1