• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

George Müller, an esteemed evangelist and prayer warrior of the 19th Century, was once asked, "What is the secret of your victorious life?"

His answer was simple. "It was the day I died, utterly died."

As he spoke, Müller bent down until he reached the floor and then continued:

"Died to George Müller - his opinions, preferences, tastes, and will. Died to the world - its approval or censure. Died to approval or blame - even of my brethren and friends. Since then I have studied only to show myself approved unto God."

Until you learn to die to self, you will live your Christian life in defeat. Until you learn to die to sin, you will live in bondage. Until you learn to die to pride, you will live in slavery and servitude.

If any believer feels defeated, it is because he has bought into the lie of believing that Satan has invincible power over him. As a child of God, you do not need to be in bondage. James 4:7 commands: "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

When James says, "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you," it does not mean that you are standing in the battle arena and being beaten. Rather, it is a picture of a general who has defeated his enemy and calls out to his officers to clean house.

Your commanding general arose from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is at the Father's right hand - with angels, authorities, and powers in submission to Him (1 Peter 3:22).

When you are joined with Christ, you have the same authority. You can break out of bondage. You can give up a sinful habit. You can be freed from any addiction - by the power of Christ.

Prayer: Lord, when Satan attacks me with lies, reveal Your Truth to me. Transform my mind to think on Your goodness, mercy and grace. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

"In Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority" (Colossians 2:10).

Amen to this  ,I Christ we have brought to fullness and there is nobody who can snatch us out the hand of our heavenly Father because we belong to Him.

How blessed are we if we can claim those promises:

1 Peter 2:9

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

"Pause, my soul! adore, and wonder!

Ask, 'Oh, why such love to me?'
Grace hath put me in the number
Of the Saviour's family:
Hallelujah!
Thanks, eternal thanks, to Thee!"

Do we grasp where we were called out?

Psalm 40:2

For the choir director. A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me and heard my cry. 2He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. 3He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; Many will see and fear And will trust in the LORD.…

Amen and all glory to God the finisher of our faith:

Hebr.12:4

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

851f996c9ea4af7a101bf8893520ff6c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

851f996c9ea4af7a101bf8893520ff6c.jpg

Amen and I believe we will continue dying  to self as part of the process of sanctification until  the end of our life , it is a life long progress~~ 

Galations 2:20

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Dying to self occurs when we are true. A person of truth.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Thank you for this reminder and reproof.

The enemy may be a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour, but at the cross he had his teeth and claws removed. No Christian has to fear death anymore because it is now a promotion into the presence of God!

The principal power of the enemy is lies. If he can deceive us he might convince us to give up and bow to him. It might be by embracing another religion and forsaking the One True Living God Who cannot lie. Or he may convince us that God's Word is not true. He may convince us that we can never overcome a besetting sin.

Whatever lies he tells, all we have to do is turn away from darkness and embrace the light of God's truth. Whenever heaviness overcomes us we have probably believed a lie or given in to a temptation. But the truth shall set you free! When we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousnes. Praise God! We can be white as snow with our sins as far as the east is from the west. What a wonderful Savior we serve! He has called us out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Just turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face. For it is God who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts TO GIVE THE LIGHT OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE GLORY OF GOD IN THE FACE OF JESUS CHRIST. 2 Cor 4:6 NKJV

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

George Müller, an esteemed evangelist and prayer warrior of the 19th Century, was once asked, "What is the secret of your victorious life?"

His answer was simple. "It was the day I died, utterly died."

As he spoke, Müller bent down until he reached the floor and then continued:

"Died to George Müller - his opinions, preferences, tastes, and will. Died to the world - its approval or censure. Died to approval or blame - even of my brethren and friends. Since then I have studied only to show myself approved unto God."

Until you learn to die to self, you will live your Christian life in defeat. Until you learn to die to sin, you will live in bondage. Until you learn to die to pride, you will live in slavery and servitude.

If any believer feels defeated, it is because he has bought into the lie of believing that Satan has invincible power over him. As a child of God, you do not need to be in bondage. James 4:7 commands: "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

When James says, "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you," it does not mean that you are standing in the battle arena and being beaten. Rather, it is a picture of a general who has defeated his enemy and calls out to his officers to clean house.

Your commanding general arose from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is at the Father's right hand - with angels, authorities, and powers in submission to Him (1 Peter 3:22).

When you are joined with Christ, you have the same authority. You can break out of bondage. You can give up a sinful habit. You can be freed from any addiction - by the power of Christ.

Prayer: Lord, when Satan attacks me with lies, reveal Your Truth to me. Transform my mind to think on Your goodness, mercy and grace. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

"In Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority" (Colossians 2:10).

Amen... For me, I hope that day is today... and the lesson was 22 years in the making. Words alone cannot express the essence of what's communicated here.

Outstanding.

Edited by Matthew T.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for this reminder and reproof.

The enemy may be a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour, but at the cross he had his teeth and claws removed. No Christian has to fear death anymore because it is now a promotion into the presence of God!

The principal power of the enemy is lies. If he can deceive us he might convince us to give up and bow to him. It might be by embracing another religion and forsaking the One True Living God Who cannot lie. Or he may convince us that God's Word is not true. He may convince us that we can never overcome a besetting sin.

Whatever lies he tells, all we have to do is turn away from darkness and embrace the light of God's truth. Whenever heaviness overcomes us we have probably believed a lie or given in to a temptation. But the truth shall set you free! When we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousnes. Praise God! We can be white as snow with our sins as far as the east is from the west. What a wonderful Savior we serve! He has called us out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Just turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face. For it is God who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts TO GIVE THE LIGHT OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE GLORY OF GOD IN THE FACE OF JESUS CHRIST. 2 Cor 4:6 NKJV

Just turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face.

Amen Willa and what a day that will be when our Jesus we shall see!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for these posts, guys. I need to remember this for the road ahead.

Edited by Fallen into Grace

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Great post. I have read this before but its was yrs ago. Ty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

In all honesty, I don't think I have ever died to self even if I believed it, nor do I see myself ever dying to self, it simply is not within me to do so. I can fake it and kid myself, but underneath I am always sold to self.

But occasionally I get a dim glimpse of Jesus Christ, and then I hunger for the day that I will actually appreciate Him for who He is, and I say "Bless you Lord, bless you a million times."