• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Angels..

Excellent topic and its only natural that each one of us would do a "self" examination  as the subject of this study is addressed....the subject of course is "self".....the first indication that we all have a very long way to go before reaching Perfection is that we do immediately think of ourselves"self"- that is our mid and heart of flesh,carnality....dying to ones self is indeed a process,when the time comes that we no longer turn our eyes from Jesus and internalize means we are getting closer to what we are striving for and that comes by hanging all flesh on the cross    

I,Me,My,Mine are no longer relevant in the great scheme of things....have "I" died to myself that I live for Christ.hmmm?   Somewhat,mostly-yet  not anywheres near where I must be in order to reflect Christ Jesus 100% daily  If I am insulted,annoyed,disgruntled,grumpy,ticked off or any of those things then that reveals to me that "self" is still an obstacle and my sight has been misdirected,a distraction,a hindrance    The spirit of "pride" has no power over anything except a mans carnal heart & mind,he is powerless against the Heart & Mind of Christ...This is not a goal that can be achieved by our own efforts,the process of renewing one's mind is something that occurs by the Power of the Holy Spirit to be that New Creature in Christ Jesus.....Keeping our eyes on Jesus,praying without ceasing,putting God First in our lives as top priority ,above all else the desire to commune with God in Christ and do His Will,not ours......Glory to God,Praise Jesus

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, giggling appy said:

There is nothing in angel's post here that was directed at or to raven. Or even judging anyone in the thread. Angels was speaking of herself and what dying to self meant to Angels herself. We need ( we as in general, not anyone specifically here) to read posts a second or third time before responding to a post any of us thinks was directed towards a single person. Posts are often misread specially if the reader is tired, had a hard day, problems at work, don't feel good, etc . . .

I know there are other threads that get heated when people are passionate about a subject. But I would like to point out, that just because someone is a stickler in one thread, does not automatically mean that another poster is being singled out and criticized in another thread. We all need to allow others to have a chance to speak their thoughts or opinions without immediately going on the defense because someone didn't agree on a topic in another thread or multiple of threads.

You are making a judgment which you are not aware of our history; which caused me to leave this forum for a long time. When I was questioned again about my faith, I thought 'here we go again'. My response is better known and understood by angel4u than you understand. As I said, that is now forgiven and no longer a concern.  So there is no need for you to step into this. My amends has nothing to do with you. We each are responsible for our own thoughts and actions. Christ knows this and will judge me accordingly.

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,368
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

Matthew 27:32 - "Now as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name:  Him they compelled to bear His cross."

"Compelled (Greek: Aggareuo, Strongs 29) literally translated -- to be pressed into public service or compelled to "go".
The word for "bear" (Greek; Airo, Strong's 142), literal translation -- to take up or to take away.

The call is still true for us today just as it was for Simon the Cyrenian.  To "take up our cross" we must come to the place of death.  We must die to ourselves and to our worldly dreams and fully embrace the plans and blueprints that God has written for us in heaven. 

When Simon and Jesus took the cross to Calvary, "they were come (together) unto a place called Golgotha" (Matthew 27:33). 

Prophetically, Simon the Cyrenian represents each of us:

We must all come to the place of the cross and die to our agendas and carnal thoughts for our lives and ministries.  
We must allow the Father's will to be done in our lives.
We must all come to our own personal Golgothas.
Just as Jesus was with the Cyrenian, He will be with each of us at the time and place of our personal death to self.

"Jesus then said to his disciples, 'If anyone wishes to be a follower of mine, he must leave self behind; he must take up his cross and come with me.  Whoever cares for his own safety is lost;  but if a man will let himself be lost for my sake, he will find his true self.'" - Matthew 16:24-25 NEB

COMING UNDER ATTACK

The enemy of our soul does not want us to embrace the Cross of Christ.  The warfare can be tremendous for us as we embrace the cross (death to self).

When we approach the place of surrender and death to self we will also come under attack from the evil one.  Fortunately, Jesus has already fought this battle for each of us.  
The enemy will bellow and scream at us every time we fall short.  When we fail to fully embrace the cross, he will illuminate our shortcomings.  

Picking up our cross is a process.  If we fall down -- get up just as Jesus did.  Emulate Christ --  dying to yourself and worldly dreams is a process.  Even the Son of God walked through this process.  
It takes time and intimacy with the Lord -- laying down our life is a process.

"Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple."  - Luke 14:27

Taking up your cross is not a popular message.  When Jesus shared this message,  many left Him, and later reviled and cursed Him.  The message of the cross was one reason why Jesus was beaten, afflicted, smote, reviled spit on, crucified, and killed.

When we die to man-made methods, ideas, and formulas, and begin to truly minister in the pattern of heaven,  only then can God truly begin to release the Kingdom into our life.

Crucifiction (22).jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

I think the “stumbling stone of the cross of Christ” is right here.

What it means to “deny self” or “die to self” this truth is unknown to many believers. I think many have stumbled over it and still do. For when “Christ died we died” the totality of our deaths and the understanding of necessity of it,  turns a carnal Christian into a spiritual one. For why in scripture is very little told of how to overcome vices and put on virtues? The reason is, “all” is said in these words “deny self” this truth understood correctly frees a man from his fallen nature. That He might walk in newness of life. “For that which is born of God sins not”

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Every Christian, needs to die to him/herself and serve Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, KPaulG said:

Every Christian, needs to die to him/herself and serve Christ.

So absolutely true!

That the Body of Christ would come to know what that means by experience. Can you imagine the Glory!

much love in Christ, Not me

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

1 hour ago, Not me said:

So absolutely true!

That the Body of Christ would come to know what that means by experience. Can you imagine the Glory!

much love in Christ, Not me

No human mind can imagine the glory of knowing Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, KPaulG said:

No human mind can imagine the glory of knowing Christ.

So true again! Human reasoning has been our downfall. But thanks be to God we have been given the mind of Christ. And also, once again, that we might know what this too means  by experience. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

This is something I needed to read. Dying to self seems impossible to me. I would wish I had no emotions. God help me!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

On 6/5/2018 at 12:49 AM, Yowm said:

I think the key to dying to self is learning to live for Christ above all others...including self.

‘And if Christ be in you, 
.. the body is dead because of sin; 
.... but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
But if the Spirit of Him 
.. that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, 
.... He that raised up Christ from the dead 
...... shall also quicken your mortal bodies 
........ by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Therefore, brethren, 
.. we are debtors, not to the flesh, 
.... to live after the flesh.
...... For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: 
but if ye through the Spirit 
.. do mortify
(or, ‘reckon as dead‘) the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.’

(Rom 8:10-14

Mortify (or, 'reckon as dead') therefore your members 
which are upon the earth; 
fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, 
evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:’

(Col 3:5)  

Hello @Yowm,

I believe that it takes place as we reckon ourselves to have died with Christ, and to have been buried and quickened with Him, and raised to newness of life in Him, as described in 2 Cor. 3:18:-

'But we all, 
.. with open face 
.... beholding 
...... as in a glass 
........ the glory of the Lord, 
.......... are changed 
............ into the same image 
.............. from glory to glory, 
even as by the Spirit of the Lord.’

(2 Cor. 3:18)  

In Christ Jesus
Chris