Icamen

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I tried to find a topic like this, but my internet skills are um...nonexistent. Hopefully I posted this in the right forum.

Anyway, how to you biblically be humble?

Hopefully this is clear enough. I feel as if I should add some more detail, but I can't think of anything.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Can you explain what you mean ..Biblcally humble? Jesus who was God humbled Himself and became one of us...we aught not to think of ourselves better than others..

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Humility is a meekness,lowliness and absence of self.It is an attitude of the heart not only on the outside.It is a prerequisite for a Christian.A person needs to pray to God to give them humility.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

The ability to listen is a key ingredient I would say.

The LORD Jesus

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy;

I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit,

to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:15

Does It

He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill,

to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory:

for the pillars of the earth are the LORD's,

and he hath set the world upon them. 1 Samuel 2:8

~

:thumbsup:

Jesus

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:

and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy,

and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

Is

Now ye are clean through

the word which I have spoken unto you.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit

of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

The Way

But the fruit of the Spirit is love,

joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness,

faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I tried to find a topic like this, but my internet skills are um...nonexistent. Hopefully I posted this in the right forum.

Hopefully this is clear enough. I feel as if I should add some more detail, but I can't think of anything.

Hi Icanmen :)

Philipians 2 :3-11

Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. ...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/27/1945

I have found humility easier to grasp if I kneel when praying.  Because of knee and balance problems, I have never knelt when praying but this year I found that with a little effort, I could kneel, and this has made a difference in my prayer life.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

A proud person wants to become like God, honored by men, powerful, wealthy, as did satan. He is self reliant, vain, independant and ambitious. He resents being told what to do and is rebellious when told not do things. He wants to do it "my way".

A humble person wants to become as a little child. He is totally dependant on God for everything; he becomes simple, trusting, and little things (like a butterfly) please him. Feeling loved and secure, he wants nothing more than to hold God's hand and walk with Him. He is eager to help when Daddy God shows him how and what to do.

Whosoever shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matt. 18:4. NKJV

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Every time I see this thread show up on a new post search I get that Mac Davis song in my head for a couple of hours...

party.gif OH Lord, it's hard to be humble......   party.gif

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

There's some good information in this thread already.

To me, humility is coming to "know" and "admit" who you are in the grand scheme of things. It's the same for us all, really... but some either do not display it as others do, or some do not want to admit it because they want to think higher of themselves because they are proud... and let's face it, pride stands in the way of everything when it comes to being humble. And life kicks you around so much, it's kind of impossible to remain humble when/if you take your eyes off of Jesus for too long at a time.

I used to be a very proud man, Then, as I was being humbled by the Spirit to be born again, I did become humble, and remained very humble for over 12 years into my walk with God. Then I UNKNOWINGLY walked into the camp of the enEmy (I was tricked), and I was there for 10 years. During that time saTan tormented me just like hE tormented Jesus... in every way the enEmy messed with my mind an emotions. I was in testing for 10 years and never realized it at the time... that is actually how clever the enEmy can be when tHEy really want to be.

The outcome has left me feeling like a completely different person. Now, at least I can come into a place like this forum and appreciate honesty when I find it (and it's a little more rare than people think) compared not long ago to being completely recluse. THAT was only one of the goals of the enEmy: to make sure I'd be completely ineffective for the remainder of my life.

the enEmy made me recluse by teaching me the depths of fallen human nature. I'm not saying that I have done all the things I know human beings to be capable of...not nearly. but this knowledge of fallen nature... of the darKNess that I encountered while in that cAMp... it has left me repulsed, to say the least. I have so far found it impossible to reconcile all that knowledge with the love I know I at least used to have inside me for others. used to be, I could look at ANYONE and see the person within them that just wanted to be loved. Now I want to vomit when I look into their faces and see what's there.

I was once humble. Being humble requires a person to know that he deserves nothing more than the bottom rung on the ladder when it comes to serving the Lord, loving others and putting away vain pride. Being humble manifests itself in you by you placing the needs of EVERYONE you ever meet above your own...always. Being humble motivates you to give and give and never, EVER expect anything in return. Being humble is also what brings you peace, love, happiness and joy in your life when you accomplish these things, actually implementing it into your every day life.

I was there. Now, I am not. I've been born again since 1993 and back then I was humble to the core by default. After all this time, I find it so very much harder to be humble now... I guess it has been...6 or 7 years since I've felt humble. And one would think you would build even more on such a thing as time goes on... But not in my case. I offer no excuses. I can only say that I think my feelings have been forged from being battle-weary... or simply I've encountered too much. I don't know.

But when it comes to humbleness, if anyone would remember me and this issue before God, it would be more than I would ever deserve...as even so, I am always blessed beyond anything I could ever deserve.