• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Deu 32:30  How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the LORD had shut them up?
Deu 32:31  For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.

Dan 2:44  And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, nor shall the kingdom be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever,
Dan 2:45  just as you saw that a stone was cut from a mountain by no human hand, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold. A great God has made known to the king what shall be after this. The dream is certain, and its interpretation sure."

Zec 3:8  Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, you and your friends who sit before you, for they are men who are a sign: behold, I will bring my servant the Branch.
Zec 3:9  For behold, on the stone that I have set before Joshua, on a single stone with seven eyes, I will engrave its inscription, declares the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of this land in a single day.

Zec 4:6  Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
Zec 4:7  Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

The word STONE in Hebrew is the word -- EVAN -- and its an interesting word -- why?

Because the first 2 letters of the Word -- AV -- or FATHER and the LAST 2 letters of the WORD -- BEN -- or SON -- form the word -- EVAN!

So in the hidden in the understanding of the ROCK of God -- is the understanding that Jesus set forth in John,

Joh 10:30  I and the Father are one."
Joh 10:31  The Jews picked up stones again to stone him.
Joh 10:32  Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?"
Joh 10:33  The Jews answered him, "It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God."

When Yeshua declared, “I and the Father are one,” he declared himself to be the evan from Zechariah 4:6-7!  Tzvi Sadan explains further:  Stone (evan) as one of Messiah’s names is found in Jacob’s blessing of Joseph… (Genesis 49:24).  Three explanations are given as to why Messiah is likened to a stone.  Based on the characteristics of the Hebrew, Rashbam concludes that the ending of the word is a suffix, thus turning stone (evan) into father (av).  Stone of Israel then means ‘household of Israel'; accordingly, the blessings is abut the Son of Joseph who will become “the shepherd of the house of Israel.”  -- Return of the Kosher Pig, Page 90

Just another tidbit of information for those who are reading through this thread!  :) 

• Steward

Gen 18:1  And the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat at the door of his tent in the heat of the day.
Gen 18:2  He lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing in front of him. When he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them and bowed himself to the earth
Gen 18:9  They said to him, "Where is Sarah your wife?" And he said, "She is in the tent."
Gen 18:10  The LORD said, "I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife shall have a son." And Sarah was listening at the tent door behind him.
Gen 18:11  Now Abraham and Sarah were old, advanced in years. The way of women had ceased to be with Sarah.
Gen 18:12  So Sarah laughed to herself, saying, "After I am worn out, and my lord is old, shall I have pleasure?"
Gen 18:13  The LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Shall I indeed bear a child, now that I am old?'
Gen 18:14  Is anything too hard for the LORD? At the appointed time I will return to you, about this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son."

Joh 8:56  Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad."
Joh 8:57  So the Jews said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?"
Joh 8:58  Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am."
Joh 8:59  So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

YHVH appeared, ate with, spoke with, and blessed Abraham with a son -- Issac!  And Jesus tells the Jewish people, Abraham rejoiced when He saw me!  Why?  Because the promise of his son, Issac was fulfilled!

• Steward

Who is the Judge?  God is the JUDGE as the Scriptures PROCLAIM!

Psa_7:8  The LORD judges the peoples; judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness and according to the integrity that is in me.

Psa_7:11  God is a righteous judge, and a God who feels indignation every day.

Psa_50:6  The heavens declare his righteousness, for God himself is judge! Selah.

Psa 96:13  before the LORD, for he comes, for he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness, and the peoples in his faithfulness.

Psa 96:10  Say among the nations, "The LORD reigns! Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity."

Psa 98:8  Let the rivers clap their hands; let the hills sing for joy together
Psa 98:9  before the LORD, for he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world with righteousness, and the peoples with equity.

Ecc 3:17  I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the wicked, for there is a time for every matter and for every work.

Joe 3:12  Let the nations stir themselves up and come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; for there I will sit to judge all the surrounding nations.
Joe 3:13  Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Go in, tread, for the winepress is full. The vats overflow, for their evil is great.
Joe 3:14  Multitudes, multitudes, in the valley of decision! For the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

Rev 14:14  Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and seated on the cloud one like a son of man, with a golden crown on his head, and a sharp sickle in his hand.
Rev 14:15  And another angel came out of the temple, calling with a loud voice to him who sat on the cloud, "Put in your sickle, and reap, for the hour to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is fully ripe."
Rev 14:16  So he who sat on the cloud swung his sickle across the earth, and the earth was reaped.

The SON HAS RECEIVED ALL JUDGMENT!

Joh 5:22  The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son,
Joh 5:23  that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.
Joh 5:24  Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
Joh 5:25  "Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
Joh 5:26  For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself.
Joh 5:27  And he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man.

Act 17:30  The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,
Act 17:31  because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead."

If all judgment is given to the SON, and GOD is the JUDGE of the entire earth -- then in fact the reality is that YHVH has appeared in the flesh as the New Testament proclaims -- as not only our Redeemer, but also as the JUDGE!

Mic 4:1  It shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and it shall be lifted up above the hills; and peoples shall flow to it,
Mic 4:2  and many nations shall come, and say: "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths." For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
Mic 4:3  He shall judge between many peoples, and shall decide for strong nations far away; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore;

• Steward

Rom 14:8  For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's.
Rom 14:9  For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.
Rom 14:10  Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God;
Rom 14:11  for it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."

Isa 45:22  "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
Isa 45:23  By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: 'To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.'

• Steward

Of the promised Messiah --

Mic 5:2  But thou, Beth-lehem Ephrathah, which art little to be among the thousands of Judah, out of thee shall one come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting.

Psa 90:2  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

• Steward

Gen 32:24  And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
Gen 32:25  And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was strained, as he wrestled with him.
Gen 32:26  And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
Gen 32:27  And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
Gen 32:28  And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for thou hast striven with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
Gen 32:29  And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
Gen 32:30  And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for, said he, I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
Gen 32:31  And the sun rose upon him as he passed over Penuel, and he limped upon his thigh.
Gen 32:32  Therefore the children of Israel eat not the sinew of the hip which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob's thigh in the sinew of the hip.

• Steward

Mat 21:9  And the crowds that went before him and that followed him were shouting, "Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!"
Mat 21:10  And when he entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred up, saying, "Who is this?"
Mat 21:11  And the crowds said, "This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth of Galilee."

The city was quoting as was customary, Psalm 118, on the 10th day of Nissan as the children of Israel choose their Passover Lambs in preparation of Passover.

Psa 118:14  The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.  (YHVH has become my SALVATION)
Psa 118:15  Glad songs of salvation are in the tents of the righteous: "The right hand of the LORD does valiantly,  (References to the Right Arm of God manifested as shown in multiple times in this thread)
Psa 118:16  the right hand of the LORD exalts, the right hand of the LORD does valiantly!"
Psa 118:17  I shall not die, but I shall live, and recount the deeds of the LORD. (a hint of resurrection)
Psa 118:18  The LORD has disciplined me severely, but he has not given me over to death.
Psa 118:19  Open to me the gates of righteousness, that I may enter through them and give thanks to the LORD.
Psa 118:20  This is the gate of the LORD; the righteous shall enter through it.

Joh 10:9  I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.
Joh 10:10  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
Joh 10:11  I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

Psa 118:21  I thank you that you have answered me and have become my salvation.
Psa 118:22  The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone.
Psa 118:23  This is the LORD's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.
Psa 118:24  This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psa 118:25  Save us (Hosanna in Hebrew), we pray, O LORD! O LORD, we pray, give us success!
Psa 118:26  Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD! We bless you from the house of the LORD.
Psa 118:27  The LORD is God, and he has made his light to shine upon us. Bind the festal sacrifice with cords, up to the horns of the altar!
Psa 118:28  You are my God, and I will give thanks to you; you are my God; I will extol you.
Psa 118:29  Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!

Joh 8:12  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.