• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,288
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

By Joseph DeCaro, Worthy News Correspondent

(Worthy News)– Iranian authorities have been threatening to hold an imprisoned American-Iranian pastor in prison indefinitely, according to Morning Star News.

Authorities are pressuring Pastor Saeed Abedini with new charges while at the same time promising his freedom should Abedini abandon his faith in Christ and convert back to Islam, according to Tiffany Barrans, international director at the American Center for Law and Justice.

Barrans said that though the pressure on Abedini comes and goes, this latest ill treatment may be related to the ongoing international efforts to limit Iran's ability to produce nuclear weapons.

"There's just been an increased amount of activity and tension and threats and singling out of Saeed as an American in the prison since the framework agreement was reached between the countries," said Barrans. "These nuclear negotiations have dramatically complicated the situation – as much as our government insists that he is not a political pawn and that they will not allow him to be used as a political pawn."

Barrans said that if the U.S. government leaves the negotiations without obtaining Abedini's freedom, his release will prove even more difficult.

This September will be Abedini's third year in prison. According to Iranian law, most criminal offenders can apply for clemency, or parole after serving one-third of their sentence.

Abedini’s family is currently filing for clemency, but to date their efforts have proved futile.

View the full article

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

I have been following Pastor Saeed for quite some time. I write to him at the prison where he is held. It is unfathomable what he has endured. He doesn't get to read most of his mail. But if you would like to send a postcard every so often, it reminds his captors that Saeed has not been forgotten, and aids to keep him alive.

A short note on the card could also reach a guard. Saeed has led MANY of those inmates to Christ while in that prison and absolutely refuses to be quiet, even with his life threatened daily. He thanks them every time they speak of extending his stay. He is the closest person I've ever seen to the Apostle Paul.

He has a beautiful wife, Naghmeh, who travels the globe in fight for her husband's release. He also has a beautiful son and daughter waiting for him at home.

His address is

Pastor Saeed Abedini

Zendane Rajaee Shahr

Bulvare Maozen

Karaj, Iran

The cost from the U.S. is one global stamp or about 1.13$.

Edited by Matthew T.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Praying

Thank you Matthew , will dro p him a line

Praying

Thank you Matthew , will dro p him a line

Thank you so very much, Mam...

Letter I received from the American Center for Law and Justice:

"

Matt,

Today, American Pastor Saeed is spending his 35th birthday in an Iranian prison cell - his third consecutive birthday as "a prisoner for Christ." He has now spent more than two-and-a-half years imprisoned in Iran simply because of his Christian faith. Tortured and tormented each day, he's told he must reject Christ and embrace Islam.

In a recent letter, Pastor Saeed urges his fellow Americans to pray and "[r]emember my chains in your freedom and chain together in unity for our beloved America."

On this National Day of Prayer, pray for Pastor Saeed. Pray for his family. Demand that U.S. officials secure the release of Pastor Saeed - bring him home now so this is the last birthday he spends away from the country and family he loves so very much.

Sign Our New Petition: No Deal Without Pastor Saeed Home.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

:th_praying: my prayers go out to Pastor Saeed.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Thanks Matthew, that address is valuable information.  I too will follow through and send him some snail mail along with my prayers and gratitude.  GBU

:th_praying: my prayers go out to Pastor Saeed.

Thanks Matthew, that address is valuable information.  I too will follow through and send him some snail mail along with my prayers and gratitude.  GBU

Thank you both so very much for your concern and prayers and mail. It means more than you could know.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Thank you matt

Cont prayers for pastor saeed

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Who can imagine what Pastor Saeed is going through?

This man has dedicated himself to Jesus Christ, yet he is being tormented through the actions of evil men. Imprisoned and separated from his loved ones, yet he never gives up his faith. It must be terrible where he is right now. Can you imagine his prison cell? It must be awful. I doubt if it is comfortable or hygienic. People like this man are what the Book of Job was all about.

What terrible timing and what a misfortune of place and circumstances. This man is living during the bad side of history. There are no Western governments to intervene and rescue him because he is unfortunate enough to live during an era of cowardice and apostasy. I can't see Obama doing anything to help him.

Can we hold ourselves as high as Pastor Saeed? I'm not sure I'd be fit to even walk in his footsteps.

We must pray for his release. If there is no human intervention I can only hope for a mysterious prison escape similar to what we read in the Book of Acts.

Whatever happens to him, I'm sure that the blessings and the rewards that await him in heaven will be tenfold.