missmuffet

Derailing thread

12,647 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, shel said:

Wow! Hmmmm. I finished my antibiotic and my sinus pressure, dizziness and tiredness,  is back... not as intense but... pretty discouraging. 

You are sure that you took every one of your antibiotics even though you were feeling well? I know many who have had recurring sinus problems. Have you ever used a Neti pot?

FREE-NeilMed-Neti-Pot.jpg

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

You are sure that you took every one of your antibiotics even though you were feeling well? I know many who have had recurring sinus problems. Have you ever used a Neti pot?

FREE-NeilMed-Neti-Pot.jpg

I used to use a neti pot, now I use the squeeze bottle - it's easier, and also seems to clear my sinuses out better. I used to have a prescription for a steroid to add to the saline solution - I wish I still had it. 

5 minutes ago, shel said:

I used to use a neti pot, now I use the squeeze bottle - it's easier, and also seems to clear my sinuses out better. I used to have a prescription for a steroid to add to the saline solution - I wish I still had it. 

I use a nasal mist as well. Mine doesn't have any preservatives in it. Just the Sodium chloride. It works well. I also use a decongestant. Some doctors prescribe guaifenesin with the decongestant. That thins out all that thick gunk in there that collects and causes all the problems. 

20 minutes ago, shel said:

or a Sean Connery accent 

Connery's English was quite good, I thought.  But Thomas capitalized on the space between his front teeth, which gave his s an sh sound with a little spittle spray to shower others occasionally, as I remember.  I was somewhat of a fan of both.  But Terry Thomas did a fine job in Its a Mad Mad World, as did his arch enemy Ethel Merman. She was the epitome of the overbearing mother in law that would tempt most of us to KILL!

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Do you remember this song? It is an old one :mellow:

See them tumbling down,
Pledging their love to the ground!
Lonely, but free, I'll be found,
Drifting along with the tumbling tumbleweeds

Cares of the past are behind,
Nowhere to go, but I'll find,
Just where the trail will wind,
Drifting along with the tumblin' tumbleweeds

I know when night is gone,
That a new world's born at dawn!
I'll keep rolling along,
Deep il my heart as a song,
Here on the range I belong,
Drifting along with the tumbling tumbleweeds

Tumbleweeds, tumbleweeds!

I loved that song till we moved here.

35 minutes ago, shel said:

Special weather bulletin: interstate closed due to 50-tumbleweed pileup :blink:

That's no joke!  Usually the roads are closed do to poor visibility in strong dust storms, or they are closed to high profile vehicles like trucks because it is not uncommon for a semi (tractor-trailer rig) to get blown over or blown off the road.   But high piled tumbleweeds are very common.  Right now they are working on the large irrigation canals, which means they are burning the tumble weeds that have filled them.  Tumbleweeds can be 4 or more feet across so it doesn't take many to make a huge pile under an overpass.  We have hit many, and they can tear the rubber boots under your car that guard parts of the axel/wheel assembly.   

7 minutes ago, Willa said:

That's no joke!  Usually the roads are closed do to poor visibility in strong dust storms, or they are closed to high profile vehicles like trucks because it is not uncommon for a semi (tractor-trailer rig) to get blown over or blown off the road.   But high piled tumbleweeds are very common.  Right now they are working on the large irrigation canals, which means they are burning the tumble weeds that have filled them.  Tumbleweeds can be 4 or more feet across so it doesn't take many to make a huge pile under an overpass.  We have hit many, and they can tear the rubber boots under your car that guard parts of the axel/wheel assembly.   

My daughter and granddaughter and I were taking a trip to Spokane Washington once. We were traveling on that highway heading North. I forgot the number.90 something.  I could not believe the strong wind. There were campers that had pulled over. I felt like we were going to get blown off the highway.