missmuffet

Derailing thread

29 minutes ago, Willa said:

We have road closures in every direction now.  No use in son trying to get home to go to work.  The road is closed and the employees are sleeping there.  The son who came over to help me today lives 30 minutes away.  It took him 90 minutes to get 2 blocks from his house where he was high centered in a snow drift.  It took 2 pick ups to tow him out.  There were several others stuck there as well.  The freeway is closed in several places.  All Franklin county roads are closed after a plow drove blindly off the road and took out a power pole--no electricity to much of the county now.  There are reports of a drift up to the overpass of I-82 near Grandview.  My poor puppy.  The snow is twice her height but for the patch that my son made for her.  

The photo reminds me of the winter of '63 when we traversed a mountain road every couple weeks.  The road was cut through like that but not quite as deep.  We never knew where we were till we came out the other end.

You live in Wenatchee Washington Willa?

2 hours ago, Willa said:

The photo reminds me of the winter of '63 when we traversed a mountain road every couple weeks.  The road was cut through like that but not quite as deep.  We never knew where we were till we came out the other end.

We were traveling between Walla Walla and Elgin at that time, going through Tollgate OR.  

11 hours ago, other one said:

snow.jpg

Looks like a cake that someone has taken a knife to   How on earth can you cut through like that it is at least three times the height of the bus :o

10 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

Looks like a cake that someone has taken a knife to   How on earth can you cut through like that it is at least three times the height of the bus :o

I'm assuming that they have snow blowers to do that.

but snow blowers ( or at least the only ones I have seen )  wouldn't be able to cut such a " clean " line through the snow   and would have to be MASSIVE  to reach that sort of depth :noidea:

1474615760_islandparadicecookIs.jpg.a677bf82014d68a2c3031ecc514aa841.jpg
They certainly did a nice job here :happyhappy:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, enoob57 said:

1474615760_islandparadicecookIs.jpg.a677bf82014d68a2c3031ecc514aa841.jpg
They certainly did a nice job here :happyhappy:

This is what Hawaii is dealing with right now. Stormy weather

download.jpg.a36d56246b16608ff9477034d6431719.jpg

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

This is what Hawaii is dealing with right now. Stormy weather

download.jpg.a36d56246b16608ff9477034d6431719.jpg

You've been into those coconut drinks again haven't you :o 

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

You've been into those coconut drinks again haven't you :o 

No coconut drinks for me.....YUK!!!!!

Check it out for yourself

https://weather.com/news/news/2019-02-10-hawaii-storm-impacts-high-winds-big-waves

I didn't see any snow missy give me eight legs or give me none :foot-stomp: