missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The Bible tells us not to worry. Philippians 4:6;Matthew 6:25-34. How can we overcome that?

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Faith.  Or another way to say it, trust in Him in all things and situations, which the passage from Matthew says best.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I believe that worry or fear is the opposite of faith, but it is not a sin.  We are all prone to both in our lives. It's about walking by faith and not by sight. It's a learning process, and we will be learning for as long as we live here on earth.

Yes,exactly faith is the remedy for worry.But we all have our weaknesses that the Lord knows we have.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,188
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi bopeep1909,

An extremely good question in today`s troubling times. Others have given very good answers to which I agree. Just my thoughts - to grow to maturity in Christ is a long process of putting what we read in God`s word into practice in everyday life. Thus concerning `not to worry,` pops up all along the journey as different trials come up. God knows where we are in `His Holy Spirit school` as it were, & will not let the enemy or circumstances overwhelm us.

Personally in my life over many years it has been a letting go of expectations, not holding on to my dearest things, stressing about this & that. And well really, life has gone on & now I am not so `intense,` my friends would say. There are different areas in our lives that the Lord brings to our attention & bit by bit we learn to give these over to Him, trust Him (as the others have said).

Be kind to yourself & not stress, we can`t hold it all together & know that it is a journey. This I would say to us all as we let go of worrying & keep looking to Him who holds all in His hands.

Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357

Worrying is actually saying to God (without realizing it) "you are not faithful and you are not able to handle this.  I don't trust you."

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I have children. My children only have as much security in me as well as they know me to be able by experience. And they can see me!

I am a child of God. I fret a lot less now than I did before. I have gotten to know my father better. Truth be told my greatest trouble is fearing the loss of what I have and fearing I won't get what I want. This fear has been greatly diminished by long term gain in understanding and acceptance of Gods will in my life.

And if I worry less today then what of tomorrow? Yes! I expect to worry even less. :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1964

No, worry is not a sin. If you have accepted Christ then your spirit has been awashed anew, and have received the Holy Spirit who is perfect and sinless.

Until you can tell a mountain to go and jump in the lake, and it goes and jumps in the lake, you will always have some form of worry, so all i can say is have faith in our lord

and don't worry about it. :mgcheerful:

God bless

Isn't worrying like telling God "I do not trust you to keep me safe and take care of all my needs"?

It might be that worrying is often a lack of faith in Gods provision for us. Jesus said something t the effect of "Who can add one hour to his life by worrying".

However, worry and anxiety, are part of our nature, and sure our nature can cause us to sin. I think though, that we cannot just choose how we feel about some things, and I interpret the scripture's account of Jesus, praying in the garden, sweating drops of blood, to be a description of extreme anxiety.

So, to the degree that a lack of faith, provokes anxiety, the lack of faith could be sin, but I do not think that the feeling of fear or anxiety itself, is a sin, it is just a symptom of the of what we are dreading. One can beleive that God will take care of them, that God can provide all needs, that God's will will be done. Jesus was aware of God's will for Him, and it was God's will being done, that WAS the frightening thing. Who can look forward to excruciating pain?

The question is, do we just cower in fear, and and feel the dread of our anxiety? Or do we turn to God in prayer, and say "God, I know that you are in control, and in spite of my fears, I do trust you, and submit to your will. Please help me to be strong, and increase my faith. Use these circumstance, for your own glory, Amen" ?