• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Romans 8:1–14 (NASB95)

1Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

3For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,

4so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

5For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

6For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,

7because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,

8and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

10If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.

11But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

12So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh—

13for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

14For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Romans 7 (NASB95)

1Or do you not know, brethren (for I am speaking to those who know the law), that the law has jurisdiction over a person as long as he lives?

2For the married woman is bound by law to her husband while he is living; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law concerning the husband.

3So then, if while her husband is living she is joined to another man, she shall be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from the law, so that she is not an adulteress though she is joined to another man.

4Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.

5For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death.

6But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

7What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, “You shall not covet.”

8But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.

9I was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin became alive and I died;

10and this commandment, which was to result in life, proved to result in death for me;

11for sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me.

12So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

13Therefore did that which is good become a cause of death for me? May it never be! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin by effecting my death through that which is good, so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful.

14For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.

15For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.

16But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.

17So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

18For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.

19For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.

20But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

21I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.

22For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man,

23but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.

24Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?

25Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Romans 8:15–23 (NASB95)

15For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!”

16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,

17and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

18For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

19For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.

20For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope

21that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

22For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

23And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.

This gives insight as to why God did things in the way and in the order (sequence) that he did. 

This world is a complicated situation and we are complex beings having the ability to die and therefore be raised again affording us the ability to be redeemed back from sin and death. Angels have not been afforded this. The spirit realm and the eternal state* dictate that to sin once is to be condemned forever. No repentance, no redemption, no salvation.

*difference in God's eternal state and the eternal state of angels being angels were created to last forever whereas God always existed and always will 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

Praise the Lord!

Thanks for posting this"Spirit versus flesh" post.  :)

1 John 4:4

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

The "flesh" remains in the believer but it cannot dominate the those who "walk in the Spirit".  At the same time, there is internal warfare (flesh vs Spirit), as well as external warfare (Satan vs saint).  To ignore the battle is to be vulnerable.  The Amalekites were the bitter foes of Israel, and they represent the flesh.  But as they were utterly destroyed, the flesh will one day be utterly destroyed.

1 John 2:1 (NASB95)

1My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;

John 6:63 (NASB95)

63“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing...

Romans 9:1–13 (NASB95)

1I am telling the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience testifies with me in the Holy Spirit,

2that I have great sorrow and unceasing grief in my heart.

3For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh,

4who are Israelites, to whom belongs the adoption as sons, and the glory and the covenants and the giving of the Law and the temple service and the promises,

5whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.

6But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel;

7nor are they all children because they are Abraham’s descendants, but: “through Isaac your descendants will be named.”

8That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.

9For this is the word of promise: “At this time I will come, and Sarah shall have a son.”

10And not only this, but there was Rebekah also, when she had conceived twins by one man, our father Isaac;

11for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God’s purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls,

12it was said to her, “The older will serve the younger.”

13Just as it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

The difference between Jacob and Esau?

Jacob was open to matters of the spirit. Esau was a man after the flesh.

Hebrews 12:16–17 (NASB95)

16that there be no immoral or godless person like Esau, who sold his own birthright for a single meal.

17For you know that even afterwards, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought for it with tears.

I have encountered major resistance here for suggesting that the Church has been in error for quite sometime since it has become itself a vehicle after the flesh and not the spirit. 

I say this not to bash the Church or anyone in the Church.

I am merely a warning buzzer on the navigation control panel "Warning! Off course! Warning!"

I point out what the ultimate outcome of the spirit / flesh divide, and resistance erupts like the recent volcano. All based solely on the flesh / traditions of men masked as Church doctrine / Church traditions.

There are many here who know precisely of what I am speaking. And their ultimate response is only "you are repeating yourself, JohnDB. Just because you repeat yourself does not make what you says true" which is no response / rebuttal.

Point being, if what I say is incorrect then prove it by the measuring rod of truth (the Word of God). If you cannot refute what I say and back up with scriptures, then it must be true. NOT because it is what I say or believe but because it is in accord with the measuring rod of truth (the Word of God). You see, I am only a messenger. I mean nothing. And I defer to the Word of God.

So thus the real point emerges: do you (and I) believe what is actually true? Or do we cling desperately to what we WANT TO BELIEVE is true?

Because if our quest be not about Truth, it is not a worthy quest at all.

:thumbsup:

Point

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
1 John 2:15-17

Taken

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

Beloved

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

The "flesh" remains in the believer but it cannot dominate the those who "walk in the Spirit".  At the same time, there is internal warfare (flesh vs Spirit), as well as external warfare (Satan vs saint).  To ignore the battle is to be vulnerable.  The Amalekites were the bitter foes of Israel, and they represent the flesh.  But as they were utterly destroyed, the flesh will one day be utterly destroyed.

The OP talks about two diferent people. a) the children of the flesh,and b) the children of the spirit. Not one and the same, discussing their walk here on earth, regarding their obedience to Jesus, and or their  ambitions, and how they contact their  lifes. 

The children of the Flesh making reference to the children under the Law, the old testiment children and to the spiritual children through faith in Jesus Christ, 

making a point, that the children of the Law, are in death, and that the children of the spirit, are in the life of Jesus Christ.

Romans 9:8 for is not the children of the flesh, that are the children of God, but the children of the Promish 

Romans9:3 I wish I am separated from Christ, for the sake of my kinsmen according to the flesh.

Jonh 6:63 the flesh profits nothing, it's the spirit that gives Life.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Ever seen a dead person?They look vacant.Like their skin is just a housing for what was really important which once lived inside.