Spirit versus flesh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

The "flesh" remains in the believer but it cannot dominate the those who "walk in the Spirit".  At the same time, there is internal warfare (flesh vs Spirit), as well as external warfare (Satan vs saint).  To ignore the battle is to be vulnerable.  The Amalekites were the bitter foes of Israel, and they represent the flesh.  But as they were utterly destroyed, the flesh will one day be utterly destroyed.

What do you mean by 

"the flesh will one day be utterly destroyed."

?

Ever seen a dead person?They look vacant.Like their skin is just a housing for what was really important which once lived inside.

Are you saying the body is not really important?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Ever seen a dead person?They look vacant.Like their skin is just a housing for what was really important which once lived inside.

God says:

Gen 3:19
19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground;
for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
KJV

2 Peter 3:10-11
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the
heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with
fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons
ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
KJV

If He is returning the body to dust and then burning that dust completely up... I
would say no!    Love, Steven

God says:

19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground;
for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
KJV

KJV

If He is returning the body to dust and then burning that dust completely up... I

So  Jesus came to save something that wasn't important, and isn't worth saving?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I am saying that the soul is more important than the body because the soul is eternal.Like enoob said our earthly bodies are perishable.We will have a glorified body when we get to heaven.Very different than our earthly body.Our earthly body just houses our soul and spirit.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

The "flesh" remains in the believer but it cannot dominate the those who "walk in the Spirit".  At the same time, there is internal warfare (flesh vs Spirit), as well as external warfare (Satan vs saint).  To ignore the battle is to be vulnerable.  The Amalekites were the bitter foes of Israel, and they represent the flesh.  But as they were utterly destroyed, the flesh will one day be utterly destroyed.

What do you mean by 

"the flesh will one day be utterly destroyed."

The "flesh" is the corrupt sinful Adamic human nature that resides within all human beings and is the source of all the sinful lusts. It will be utterly destroyed or eradicated when Christ comes for His saints at the Rapture and perfects them -- body, soul, and spirit (1 Jn 3:1-3). 

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

sinful Adamic human nature that resides within all human beings and is the source of all the sinful lusts. It will be utterly destroyed or eradicated when Christ comes for His saints at the Rapture and perfects them -- body, soul, and spirit (1 Jn 3:1-3). 

Amen

Living Sacrifices to God ] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.

you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
Edited by *Zion*

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God says:

KJV

KJV

So  Jesus came to save something that wasn't important, and isn't worth saving?

You have logical skills... isn't self evident by His Word :noidea: When you set something out to be burned
does it have value to you? God came into the world to Spiritually redeem... and not that which was 1st
created for the second created in Jesus is without end...

1 John 2:15-17
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world,
the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and
the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the
world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

KJV
This is what helps us to understand God's plan to make all things new... first God began us in a place of sin to
educate us why sin is to be wholly contained in hell where only God's wrath abides forever. As we grow and
understand s/Spiritually this reality, that is here, we are drawn into the beauty of His Holiness in The Second
Adam Jesus our Lord. There is within my flesh that which is not redeemed and a daily struggle to bring into
submission to Him- when I fail I am in s/Spirit able to immediately ask for God's forgiveness and He cleans
me from that failure and I learn more why I hate the structure and identification of this place more and more!
Luke 14:26
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and
brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

KJV
When one becomes s/Spiritually born and attuned to God in the proper pathway of life eternal the 1st seat in
one's life becomes the only seat and God will f/Fellowship with us forever as His possessed seat... and it's true location
is here
Heb 1:9-13
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath
anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. 10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning
hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same,
and thy years shall not fail. 13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right
hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

KJV 
Love, Steven 

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Love it, Steven.  Amen!

I am saying that the soul is more important than the body because the soul is eternal.Like enoob said our earthly bodies are perishable.We will have a glorified body when we get to heaven.Very different than our earthly body.Our earthly body just houses our soul and spirit.

Are you aware that this belief that our soul is more important than our body originated in gnosticism, and not christianity?   Gnosticism taught that we lose our physical body, that it merely "housed" our soul/spirit.   

To combat gnosticism and it's teachings about the body, the Apostle's creed specifically says  "I believe in the resurrection of the body"

Why would we have a different body in heaven, instead of our current body raised incorruptable and giorified in heaven, when Jesus came to save our body as well as our soul?

Edited by thereselittleflower