• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Me too!! Amen

Does any one one God religion have exclusive rights to the glory of heaven? Hope this doesn't upset anyone!!!

Are you saying is one religion the true religion like Catholic or Baptist?
I was asking this as well. The answers have been informative and helpful. I am still hopeful that someone will help me understand why we as Christians can't stand together as one. Why we are so divided? You know together we stand and divided we fall.

I do not support denominations.There is too much politics involved.I label myself a "Christian".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

John 14:6 Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.[/quote

Thank you for your answer but all Christians know and believe this statement. I most certainly do. I even have a good understanding of it. If I didn't I would still just believe. In one true God. Can you tell me your understanding of this statement Jesus made?

Hello Michael,

Jesus is the only way to heaven, without Him, a person is lost.  So any religion that does not hold to this truth is false, and the followers of said religion are in big trouble.  If you are talking about denominational divisions within Christianity, these all spring up from doctrinal differences.  I don't hold to any denomination, I am simply a Christian, and I view anyone who claims Jesus as Lord to be a brother or sister.  God bless you.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

I'm not sure what a 'one one God religion' means' but, hey, I'll give it a shot.  There is ONE God, ONE religion (with many denominations) known as Christianity.  All the other 'gods' and false religions are of no consequence at all and their adherents will not see the Kingdom of God.  And, yes, the one true God owns all of Creation and Heaven as well.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

In what ways are we divided?   What divisions do you have in mind?

There's no question that Christianity is divided in both doctrine and practice.  And the reason there are divisions is (a) Satan brings wolves into the flocks (Acts 20:29)  and (b) the flesh takes control rather than the Spirit (1 Cor 1:11-17).  Christ already prophesied that false Christs and false prophets would appear before His Second Coming (Mt 24:5,11,24). The existence of denominations is proof of divisions, and there is very little that will change until the Lord returns.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  18
  • Birthday:  08/01/1955

So is " Christianity" some how exempt from faults, deceptions, false doctrines and influence from satan?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

One thing that we have is the witness of the Spirit and a guarentee of our inheritance in heaven. My belief in God is not just a belief system. I believe in God because I know Him personally, the Holy Spirit bears witness to who He is. 

John 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Ephesians 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

1 John 3:23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

I grew up in the Church, I believed in God for a while but I never saw power in it. Mix that with situations of  I thought it was a powerless belief system so I went looking for something real. I ended up into wicca and many other new age practices. While I was dabbling into that stuff I had alot of crazy experiences, especially with the demonic. When I was 16, I was with a girl at the time who had become possessed by a demon, had three voices coming out her mouth and was trying to slice through her wrist. I got the knife out of her hand and had her restrained, I didn't know what to do then suddenly I just heard, "rebuke it in Jesus name" I did and she spit up and was completely normal. At this time, I was not a believer but God was showing me that Jesus has a name above any other.

After many other encounters, I was 18 years old and coming off drugs. I got in a fight with God and started shouting question after question at Him. The next day my sister brought me to Church, I didn't want to go but she made me. The worship started and I started feeling this love, peace, and joy wash over me and then suddenly a hatred rose up and I kept hearing, "I'm not giving my life to Jesus!" But I recognized that wasn't my thought. Right when that was going on, the lady on the worship team spoke something in tongues. I got hit with the presence of God and I was trembling in snot and tears, I got delivered, all the anger was gone. Then the pastor said, I feel like God is saying to change my sermon, so I'm going to preach something different today. Then, he answered the questions I shouted at God. After that I gave my life to the Lord and got filled with His Spirit. That was 12 years ago.

There was such a huge difference between me believing when I was growing up and encountering God and receiving His Spirit. His Spirit bears witness of the one true God and is the proof, Jesus is the only way and the guarantee of my salvation. This is how every believer is convinced, the Holy Spirit. Though everyone's coming to Jesus is different, it's the Holy Spirit that leads us in truth that convinces and convicts our hearts of the reality of Jesus.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”

Since I gave my life to the Lord, there's been this internal knowing of God, this awareness of His presence. I do alot of street ministry, and when I pray over people many of them say they feel really lite and filled with peace. It's the presence of the Holy Spirit, He's real and He's tangible. He also bears witness to the Gospel through doing what only God can do. My friend was praying over a girl whose shoulder was messed up and Jesus healed it. Just then a Muslim man walked up and at first wanted to fight us because he thought we were hitting a girl he had a crush on. She testified her arm got healed and I asked him if he had any pain in his body. He had bullet wounds from years ago, that cause him constant pain. After a quick prayer he was like, "What did you do to me? I'm a Muslim!" I shared with him the reality of Jesus and His precious good news. He is the only one who can do that! He is the only way, and offers the only guarantee of our salvation. His Spirit living inside of us.

You know, I just can't understand why some people think that false doctrines can only come from wolves? I think most false doctrines in any church, much less Christianity, comes from its own ranks of believers who are serious about their belief, just seriously wrong about how they have interpreted something in scripture. False doctrines come from mostly sheep. Those are the most deadly ones as well. When wrong believers think themselves right about a topic. That is the nature of deception; a deceived believer does not know they are deceived; but when a believer thinks they are immune to deception, they are deceived already.

Christianity cannot be protected from deception. No religion can.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

You know, I just can't understand why some people think that false doctrines can only come from wolves? I think most false doctrines in any church, much less Christianity, comes from its own ranks of believers who are serious about their belief, just seriously wrong about how they have interpreted something in scripture. False doctrines come from mostly sheep. Those are the most deadly ones as well. When wrong believers think themselves right about a topic. That is the nature of deception; a deceived believer does not know they are deceived; but when a believer thinks they are immune to deception, they are deceived already.

Christianity cannot be protected from deception. No religion can.

In a way you are right. Christianity has always been attacked by deception. It's Satan's nature to deceive because he despises the truth and Satan always works through men.

However, the final word is protected. You can deceive yourself as to what the Bible says even with good intentions, and others can deceive you as to what the Bible says -  especially if you have never read it yourself.

But the Bible itself remains the same, and for those who have no access to the Bible the Holy Spirit is there to give them the truth.

Well I disagree. I know some may not like this, but even the churches of God are not immune to deception. My view on this is one thing, but if you like the bible, trust it, then consider what Jesus himself said about several different stages of HIS church in Rev. 2:4, Ephesus  " Lost their first Love", a serious deception. Pergamos was doing things, Rev. 2:15, that Jesus Hated! Jesus own church doing things he hated. Jesus had things against the church called Thyatira, Rev. 2:20. You suggest the " Final " word is protected, well in Rev. 3:20, the " Final stage" of the church of God is seriously deceived; the Laodicea era; they are so bad off, Jesus is NOT even " In" the church, but its STILL a church of God. Jesus is on the " Outside knocking", meaning he is not IN this church. He's trying to get in. But they are all wrapped in the " Prosperity influence", Rev. 3:17, and Jesus calls HIS church here" wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked!"

That's some serious name calling by Jesus here; and its describing a church of his.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  29

I'm not sure what a 'one one God religion' means' but, hey, I'll give it a shot.  There is ONE God, ONE religion (with many denominations) known as Christianity.  All the other 'gods' and false religions are of no consequence at all and their adherents will not see the Kingdom of God.  And, yes, the one true God owns all of Creation and Heaven as well.

Thank you for trying. I do wish I could have such a simplistic few of religion. The problem is that I like Jesus,God, and the Holy spirit love all mankind. My hart is filled with grief that so many are lost. So I want to understand better so as to help more of those who are lost find their way. So there is consequence to all other religions. For me,God, Jesus,and the Holy spirit. As to ownership. God gave us this world to take care of for a time. God gave us free will so that we can chose to lead or follow. So we do own our self's until we decide to follow a believe of some kind. I chose a God of love, exceptence, and forgiveness. That to me is the Christian way. To many of us show anger to follerss of different religions. I do believe the Bible tells us not to do this. To share our love and the love of our God to all of mankind. When we come into contack with these people we should be a good exsamble of our faith. Even if we can't teach them. Maybe they have something to teach you that God wants you to know. God teaches through life experience. Not just what is written in Biblical text.