angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

This was discussed in our sermon in church last Sunday .

Questions:

How important is the gospel truth to you?

Why will understanding the true gospel produce anger at the false gospels?

Here's a related question. In light of what Paul said in Gal 1 and in light of his public rebuke of Peter whom he claimed that out of fear of men from James Peter did something hypocritical which impinged upon the gospel, they why in Acts 15 did Paul not have a fit when James cherry picked regulations from the Law and imposed them upon the Gentiles as conditions for salvation?

The regulations placed on the gentiles were to be sure they had departed from heathen religions. We are not to combine or just add animism, idolitry, or any other heathen religion to Christianity. All of the strangeled food and fornication were part of the heathen religions of Rome and Greece, for instance. Choose you this day whom you will serve--Baal or the Living God.

Many have done this error, from some American Indian reservations to some cultures in Africa and the Polynesian islands. The Catholic church has not always encouraged peoples to forsake their cultural religions either.

The Truth is very important to me, and for the same reasons others have stated. There is only one Gospel and only one Way to come to the Father, and that is through Jesus Christ by the gift of faith.

After I was first saved I fell into the error of thinking that Christ only gave me a second chance to try to be good enough to go to heaven. Thinking that we can do anything to add to faith in what Christ has done for us on the cross is gross error. But the kind of genuine faith given us causes us to believe (cling to, trust in, rely upon) the Lord Jesus Christ, which is an active dynamic quality that produces works inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Another error Paul combatted is the idea that the Gospel is a means of gain as taught by false teachers then and today. But our church does not buy into this nor do I. God has replaced what we have given at times and helped us to become more frugel. He does provide our needs. God Who Provides is one of His names in the Old Testament.

I consider the teaching that God no longer heals is also error. True, He doesn't heal everyone or all the time. But another of His names in the Old Testament is the God Who Heals. Everyone in our family has been healed of something at some time in our lives, and in a miraculous way after prayer or reading the Word. Our church also believes that God heals.

It is our responsibility to become familiar with the Scriptures so to have a good, balanced understanding through the enlightening of the Holy Spirit. This allows us to discard the teaching of men. In that way we can reason with others and give a defence for our faith.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

This was discussed in  our sermon in church last Sunday .

Questions:

Here's a related question. In light of what Paul said in Gal 1 and in light of his public rebuke of Peter whom he claimed that out of fear of men from James Peter did something hypocritical which impinged upon the gospel, they why in Acts 15 did Paul not have a fit when James cherry picked regulations from the Law and imposed them upon the Gentiles as conditions for salvation?

The regulations placed on the gentiles were to be sure they had departed from heathen religions. We are not to combine or just add animism, idolitry, or any other heathen religion to Christianity. All of the strangeled food and fornication were part of the heathen religions of Rome and Greece, for instance. Choose you this day whom you will serve--Baal or the Living God. Many have done this, from some American Indian reservations to some cultures in Africa and the Polynesian islands. The Catholic church has not always encouraged peoples to forsake their cultural religions either.

The Truth is very important to me, and for the same reasons others have stated. There is only one Gospel and only one Way to come to the Father, and that is through Jesus Christ by the gift of faith.

After I was first saved I fell into the error of thinking that Christ only gave me a second chance to try to be good enough to go to heaven. Thinking that we can do anything to add to faith in what Christ has done for us on the cross is gross error. But the kind of genuine faith given us causes us to believe (cling to, trust in, rely upon) the Lord Jesus Christ, which is an active dynamic quality that produces works inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Another error Paul combatted is the idea that the Gospel is a means of gain as taught by false teachers then and today. But our church does not buy into this nor do I. God has replaced what we have given at times and helped us to become more frugel. He does provide our needs. God Who Provides is one of His names in the Old Testament.

I consider the teaching that God no longer heals is also error. True, He doesn't heal everyone or all the time. But another of His names in the Old Testament is the God Who Heals. Everyone in our family has been healed of something at some time in our lives, and in a miraculous way after prayer or reading the Word. Our church also believes that God heals.

It is our responsibility to become familiar with the Scriptures so to have a good, balanced understanding through the enlightening of the Holy Spirit. This allows us to discard the teaching of men. In that way we can reason with others and give a defence for our faith.

Willa,it was Bcbr who was posting the related question...did you want to reply to Him?

Amen we would never be good enough...by grace we are saved...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

The truth and honesty are equally as important to me.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Amen we would never be good enough...by grace we are saved...

I was replying to both of you.  First to the thread of James versus Paul's argument about requirements placed on gentiles, which had to do with idolatry and the error of adding the Gospel to pagan religions.  The second was to some of the questions you raised.  

The reason we react to people adding to or changing the Gospel is that every other way leads to bondage and hell, and the Gospel sets us free and leads us to the Father through Jesus Christ..  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Truth is everything (Real).

Anything that is not truth is a deception, illusion, and not real.

The price for everything real costs everything not real (including our false-self - ego).

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Also what is right and what is wrong.There is a choice we have to make in everything we do.We follow the word of God on how we should make those choices.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

One time I read Paul's instructions to Greek and Romans (gentile ) believers :

"don't eat meat with blood in it" immediately fear grip my soul. (my thoughts) I 'm not going to eat medium rare steak again (my friend a vegetarian, lucky for him-immune- to this fear.

He didn't know about my fear, but when I order the steak well done he inquire if I had change my eating habits.(denial came first) I hide the reason.

During the conversation someone of our company began to explain the pagans beliefs and the reason of their rituals to eat meat with the blood in it. Immediately I order another steak medium rare. I had mistaken Paul's instructions for COOKING instructions. How a brother moved by the Holly Spirit to give me the truth.

The truth set me free.

Jesus can give us the truth.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Questions:

Of the utmost importance....Jesus IS the Truth and the Truth is Jesus.  There is no other.

The false gospels are of satan and he doesn't want people to know the Truth.

What other gospels do you find that are easy for you to believe and why?

None.

What are some modern false  gospel dangers our church could easily fall for?

The WOF and the 'prosperity gospels' are very easy to fall for apparently.  Millions have.

Read vs 10: When you live to please only God and not people ,how does that change everything?

Living to please the Lord alone makes it much harder to be swayed by false doctrines and teachers.

Questions:

Of the utmost importance....Jesus IS the Truth and the Truth is Jesus.  There is no other.

The false gospels are of satan and he doesn't want people to know the Truth.

What other gospels do you find that are easy for you to believe and why?

None.

What are some modern false  gospel dangers our church could easily fall for?

The WOF and the 'prosperity gospels' are very easy to fall for apparently.  Millions have.

Read vs 10: When you live to please only God and not people ,how does that change everything?

Living to please the Lord alone makes it much harder to be swayed by false doctrines and teachers.

Hi  Morning glory :)

Thank you for your comment,there is so much false teaching around us that we have to test everything by the Word of God :)

Matthew 7:15

A Tree and its Fruit

15"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?…