• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Folks..

Hmm..You know - the title here "worthy christian" - I mean - well,how do I say this tactfully - well,its just plain wrong,isnt it..?...To call us "worthy",as if WE are the judge of sch things..?...Seems a bit - pompous - arrogant - divisive even  - as if we say "we are worthy but you are not"...Can anyone else see that..?..

Welcome Pete :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

Welcome.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Welcome.

:) God Bless you.

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Folks..

Thank you all for the warm welcomes  :mgcheerful:

The ministry was initially simply -- Worthy News.

Thank you for the clarification...Do you see my point though..?..To my mind,naming it "worthy news" - would be far more appropriate - for indeed,it IS worthy news and always wil be so...But,to name it "worthy christians",shifts the emphasis I feel - making it less about the "news" and its content and more abou the status of the people who profess it..

Its one thing to say - "look here,this news is good and worthy" - but it is entirely different thing to say "look at US,for WE are good and worthy"...

Does anyone see this..?..Its like we somehow claim a title that was not offered to us yet..

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,767
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Well I never intended it that way.  We are simply trying to become "worthy" to escape all these things!  :)

Guest shiloh357

Again, you are reading too much into it.  But now that it has been clarified to you, that should clear the matter up. 

Guest LadyC

Hi Folks..

Thank you all for the warm welcomes  :mgcheerful:

The ministry was initially simply -- Worthy News.

Thank you for the clarification...Do you see my point though..?..To my mind,naming it "worthy news" - would be far more appropriate - for indeed,it IS worthy news and always wil be so...But,to name it "worthy christians",shifts the emphasis I feel - making it less about the "news" and its content and more abou the status of the people who profess it..

Its one thing to say - "look here,this news is good and worthy" - but it is entirely different thing to say "look at US,for WE are good and worthy"...

Does anyone see this..?..Its like we somehow claim a title that was not offered to us yet..

it's NOT "worthy christians". it's worthy christian FORUMS. the site and it's url used to be worthy boards, but was changed to worthy christian forums... a place to discuss the worthy news (which IS the parent site of this forum george created for us... http://www.worthynews.com/)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

Welcome

Welcome to "Worthy Christian Forum." Interesting that your first post is ..... confrontational. We strive to help each other grow in our relationship with Jesus Christ and each other. Hopefully you will see that and fit in nicely. Can you tell us a little more about yourself and what you believe. Thanks, and once again, welcome.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Pete. Welcome!. Yeah.. Actually it is named Worthy Christian Forum, Worthy Christian Chat. I believe the word Worthy is more of a noun than an adjective. I don't think the word worthy here describes the word Christians' but rather to just name the site "Worthy Christian Forum". It also does not describe us as worthy or "we are worthy, and the rest are not". Lol. And George never intended that way either I am sure. The verse he quoted was to show you how the name Worthy came about as the name of this site. the only One that is Worthy is the Lord. Worthy is the Lamb.Amen? Anyway, welcome Pete. Hope u enjoy your stay here.

Edited by Tanusha