turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

Some of you may or may not know that I have no means of getting to the cemeteries of those I love who have passed on. And it truly breaks my heart to no longer be physically able to travel there and lay flowers down in remembrance of those so dear to me. I am alone and sort of sad today...with vivid memories of loved ones now gone flooding through my mind.

If it is alright with you, could you please spare a few moments to celebrate this difficult day with me? Perhaps you could post a little prayer under this thread for those of us here who are grieving, since we can't pay tribute as we'd like to. Maybe you could help by suggesting a way for us stuck home bound to celebrate the memories of those we lost?

Other ways you could be a source of encouragement would be replying back to me in a pm or my other two threads. Please. One is under Worthy Q & A forums and one was a poem of respect to the ones currently serving in the military and to the fallen and their families...which is posted under Absolutely Positive and Hobbies. I hope you will read it. It was my way of paying respect.

For I had relatives who faithfully served their country and it would be nice to know that I honored them by receiving some replies from my fellow Worthyites...You would likewise be doing the same for your loved ones in this manner. Amen?

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Hello turtle,

My family is all military, so this is a special but also sad day for me as well.  Praying for you and for all our military men and women, present and past, God bless.

Amen, wingnut-  I agree with you in that prayer above for our military men and women. I am truly sorry for the losses that you have personally experienced. I know what you mean about Memorial Day being both special and sad, at the same time. Were you able to go down to some of the cemeteries and lay flowers by the tombstones of your loved ones? 

I am thankful to have at least one person replying to this thread. Though I am still hoping that others will respond. I was concerned that nobody would find this particular thread today. But, praise God- you did! I know that George has worked very hard on fixing this site with the Server issues.

The thing is that there is limited space on the side where 'recent topics' are posted. And I put out quite a few in one day. (Not really in keeping with my usual time-to-time prayer requests.) Obviously, they can't all be mine up there. lol. I'm not even sure how that works. I guess in the order they're being posted. So newer ones bump off the earlier-in-the-day ones, right? Anyway, thanks. God bless.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Turtletwo,

Together with you I remember the people who served in the war...I understand this day is difficult for you ..

Praying for all the families who lost dear ones~~

I am not one for going to the cemetery, but I understand it brings many people comfort.  It doesn't for me, so I only enter when someone is being laid to rest.  So, no, I did not go today.  I actually had to work earlier, but at least I have the evening off.

The threads do just go up as posted I think, so the last five typically show, or at least how my page is setup.

Hi Turtletwo,

Together with you I remember the people who served in the war...I understand this day is difficult for you ..

Praying for all the families who lost dear ones~~

Hi. Thanks much for your words of kindness and for doing your part in posting this reply, so that I could feel not-as-alone. Because you took out the time to answer my thread, it was as though I were 'celebrating' ( actually, getting through ) this Memorial Day with you and wingnut- ( Also,we were joining in prayer together. A true blessing.)

I am not one for going to the cemetery, but I understand it brings many people comfort.  It doesn't for me, so I only enter when someone is being laid to rest.  So, no, I did not go today.  I actually had to work earlier, but at least I have the evening off.

The threads do just go up as posted I think, so the last five typically show, or at least how my page is setup.

We all have individual feelings on the 'cemetery remembrance visits.' I have been unable to go (due to medical reasons, prohibiting travel ) for over a decade now. Maybe time does not heal heart-wounds as easily as they claim. And I'd hoped that this might be a help. Most of all, I feel like I am letting special family members down. I know this is probably silly, as the person's spirit is not in the grave. But I always viewed it as a way of paying my respects. Perhaps God will lead me to a better method? Anyway, thanks for helping me to get through this difficult day. May God fill both our hearts with joy, as we proceed ahead

I remember them for who they were, not how they ended up.  Maybe that might help some?  Pictures are good to look at as well, always easier to remember people in a context.  The fact that you remember them is showing respect in itself, so your limitations are no slight on them.  Always a delight speaking with you turtle, God bless you.