LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I do not wish to start a fire but I am interesting in how people think. I find myself being well shocked I guess at people who are Believers, having issues with other Believers out word appearance. I am friends with a pastor who happens to have long hair and tattoos. He is a Godly man who gave up most of what he owns so that he could better serve the homeless. But he says that he gets hate mail from other Believers who condemn him because of his long hair and tattoos. I find this to be rather shocking. So I am simply going to ask you all who are Believers, would you have an issue with a pastor  because they have long hair and tattoos?  I am going to refrain from debating this issue and I will not try to change anyone's point of view. I just want to see what other Believers think about this. :laughing:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

The long hair is not an issue.It is their choice and so is the tattoos but what kind of tattoos are you talking about?If I were to approach a Christian or a Pastor and they had tattoos of dark evil things I would wonder why.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,095
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

assuming the tattoos were not satanic in nature, it would not bother me in the least.....

One of the most dedicated Christians I know has very little skin showing other than his face....   and he wears a long pony tail most of the time.

My son-in-law has a sleeve of tattoos.They are a Christian theme.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We have a pastor locally who is covered with tatoos and has long hair. He came out of the Hells Angels and ministers to motercycle gangs. Some friends of our sons had a concert in a hall that was in the bad end of town on a new years eve. I was alone because family had to work, so I decided to attend instead of self pity. But when I opened the door and saw all the long hair, tatoos and black leather, I admit that I calculated how long it would take me to find my keys and run for the car. Then I recognized some band members and entered the door. That is when I met this pastor. I later worked with his daughter. One of the band member s and his parents attended their church.

Some people can't afford to have the bad tatoos removed, and in this case it helped him to have a rapport with God's chosen who may be very hard for the rest of us to reach.

We have a pastor locally who is covered with tatoos and has long hair. He came out of the Hells Angels and ministers to motercycle gangs. Some friends of our sons had a concert in a hall that was in the bad end of town on a new years eve. I was alone because family had to work, so I decided to attend instead of self pity. But when I opened the door and saw all the long hair, tatoos and black leather, I admit that I calculated how long it would take me to find my keys and run for the car. Then I recognized some band members and entered the door. That is when I met this pastor. I later worked with his daughter. One of the band member s and his parents attended their church.

Some people can't afford to have the bad tatoos removed, and in this case it helped him to have a rapport with God's chosen who may be very hard for the rest of us to reach.

That can be a problem with tattoos is regretting that we have had them placed.But I guess that is another thread about tattoos.  :mgcheerful: I think if we turn up our noses at the way someone looks on the outside then we are being judgmental.We need to always be on the alert of following a Pastor who is teaching false doctrine.There are many of them now.We use our discernment to be aware of this.Just like the pastor who has a suit,short hair and well groomed or a pastor who has long hair and tattoos all over.The outside is deceiving.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

the same  set of verses in the Old Testament that speaks of not having markings on your body, speaks of not cutting the corners of the beard. Some clean shaven Preachers preach against tattoos. sorta comical if it weren't so sad!

Lev 19:27-28

27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

KJV

the same  set of verses in the Old Testament that speaks of not having markings on your body, speaks of not cutting the corners of the beard. Some clean shaven Preachers preach against tattoos. sorta comical if it weren't so sad!

Lev 19:27-28

27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

KJV

That is legalistic.

Guest shiloh357

those have to do with pagan worship practices that were used by the priests of the surrounding nations.  They would put the images of their gods on their skin.  Cutting was a worship practice as well as we saw with the pagan priests of Baal at Mt. Carmel.   The issue about the corner of the beard is something that has been debated and is not fully understood.   It was not a command against being clean shaven.   Until the 4th century, the original images of Jesus were as a clean shaven young man.