Sign in to follow this  
Omegaman 3.0

Things the Bible does not say about the End Times

Things the Bible DOES NOT SAY about the End Times

Notice, that this list, does not establish any end times 
theory, it tries to prove nothing. It does not even 
attack a theory, or attempt to refute one. 

What it does attempt to do, is to get people to ask 
themselves, why they believe certain things, that the 
Bible never says.

So basically, in between the lines I am asking: 

If we believe certain things that are not stated in the scripture, and claim that we believe them because that is what scripture teaches, aren't we in principle adding to the words of scripture?

Furthermore, if we teach these things as though they are true, does that make us false teachers?

So, what things do I claim the Bible does not teach? 
Following is a short list:

1. It does not say there will be a Rapture of the Church, 
which occurs before the Great Tribulation.

2. It does not refer to a 7 year period as the Great Tribulation.

3. It does not say that the Holy Spirit is removed from the 
Earth at any time during the Great Tribulation.

4. It does not refer to the Great Tribulation, as the wrath 
of God.

5. It does not say that Jesus will return secretly or 
invisibly to take His Church.

6. It does not say that no man will ever know the time (the
day or hour) of His coming.
7. It does not say that Jesus can return at any moment.

8. It does not say that Jesus will return like a thief in 
the night for His church.

9. It does not say that believers will not be in the great 
tribulation, or skip suffering and persecution, or even 
death.

Now, am I wrong about anything on that list. If so, can you provide scripture citations that would make anything in the list a misstatement?

Thanks for your help!

P.S. Please try to stick to the actual topic, and provide us with the information which would show me to be in error, when I claim the bible does not express the ideas in the list. Also not, that in the thread that follows, other ideas that could be added to the list are these:

10. The Bible does not explicitly say the the Rapture is the Blessed Hope.

11. Jesus is not said to return as a thief in the night, in any context that necessitates a pre-tribulation return.

12. It is often said: The Rapture is Jesus coming for His church, the Second Coming is Jesus coming with His church. I think those definitions are workable, but the Bible does not say there is a multi-year interval between those events.

13. The Bible does not say, that there are 144,000 evangelists or witnesses, during the tribulation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

Guest shiloh357

Adding the Word of God refers to adding additional revelation to the Scriptures than what God has put there.    Believing that the Bible teaches a pre-tribulation rapture based on the Scriptures that are already in the Bible would not be adding to the Scripture. 

Taking an extra-biblical source and giving it the same authority of Scripture and using it tandem with Scripture or giving it more authority than Scripture would be adding to the Scripture.

I don't know of anyone who says believers won't go through the Tribulation.   There will be people on the earth who become believers during the tribulation.

I don't know of anyone who says the Great Tribulation will be 7 years long.   The Tribulation is divided up between two 42 month periods, the latter part being the, "Great Tribulation."   Even those who believe we will not go through the full 7 years of tribulation don't believe that the church will escape "pre-tribulation"  persecution and suffering. 

The latter part of the 7 year period does feature God's wrath on the anti-Christ's Babylonian kingdom.   Sometimes the Bible doesn't use the precise terms we use, but that doesn't mean the concepts as we express them are not there.

The Bible also doesn't specifically and explicitly use the terms,  Grand Fathers, Rapture, The Trinity or pre-marital sex, but that doesn't mean that those concepts are not mentioned or represented somewhere in the biblical text.

Adding the Word of God refers to adding additional revelation to the Scriptures than what God has put there.    Believing that the Bible teaches a pre-tribulation rapture based on the Scriptures that are already in the Bible would not be adding to the Scripture. 

I did not say that believing in a pre-tribulation rapture, was adding to the word of God. What I asked was "isn't saying we believe this BECAUSE that is what the bible teaches, IN PRINCIPLE, adding to the word of God?".

I think if I told you that I believe that that Adam was a God because the Bible says so, that I would be adding to scripture, because, in fact, the bible does not say that.

I usually choose my words carefully, I would appreciate it, if readers would read them carefully, so as not to turn them into something I did not say.

Taking an extra-biblical source and giving it the same authority of Scripture and using it tandem with Scripture or giving it more authority than Scripture would be adding to the Scripture.

Interesting! So if a person (who IS an extra-biblical source) uses his/her own thoughts not contained in scripture doesn't count the same was as usuing other extra-biblical sources?

I don't know of anyone who says believers won't go through the Tribulation.   There will be people on the earth who become believers during the tribulation.

That is amazing, I know plenty of people who say that. I have read it in books, heard it on the radio, heard it from the pulpits, read it here on the forums, and am convinced there are millions. Now to be sure, some of those who say that, if you mention that Revelation shows believers in the tribulation, will then say "well yes, but those are the tribulation saints", so a lot of them actually know that. They also often point out (before that part of the conversation, that God would never let is people suffer, which is a bit ridiculous, since that has been His ways since the beginning of time through the present day. I am shocked that you have never run into this idea that believers won't go through the tribulation.

I don't know of anyone who says the Great Tribulation will be 7 years long.   The Tribulation is divided up between two 42 month periods, the latter part being the, "Great Tribulation."   Even those who believe we will not go through the full 7 years of tribulation don't believe that the church will escape "pre-tribulation"  persecution and suffering.

​My response to that is similar to the above. Sure, you are demonstrating that you understand some of the errors by correcting the subtle misconceptions, but the fact that "you do not know anyone" almost indicates an isolation of some kind, or not listening to what others say. I am having a difficult time believing your experience is that limited in terms of being aware of what many others believers think.

The latter part of the 7 year period does feature God's wrath on the anti-Christ's Babylonian kingdom.   Sometimes the Bible doesn't use the precise terms we use, but that doesn't mean the concepts as we express them are not there

Since you are not really debating me, but just commenting and expressing what you believe, I won't call that a straw man argument. But you are addressing a point I never made! I never said that God's wrath is absent from the Great Tribulation, I said that the Great Tribulation, is not said by the Bible to be the wrath of God. Why is it so difficult for people to actually address actual topics of the OPs in this forum? It is frustrating to spend time, responding to responses that are off topic.

The Bible also doesn't specifically and explicitly us the terms,  Grand Fathers, Rapture, or pre-marital sex, but that doesn't mean that those concepts are not mentioned or represented somewhere in the biblical text.

As the man featured in the signature of your posts was fond of saying "There you go again!" I never said the term Rapture is used in the Bible. I know the concept is there, and people are familiar with that concept, so I felt no need to go into that. I am not sure why you do, since it also addreses nothing in the OP. We agree (and you know) that the term Rapture, originates from Rapio, in the Latin Vulgate, and refers to the catching up of the church to be with the Lord in 1 Thess 4 (as I recall) some variation of the term harpazo in the Greek.

Guest shiloh357

No adding to the Scriptures IS adding additional revelation.   Believing something that the Bible doesn't explicitly state yet believing that it is taught in the Scriptures isn't "adding to Scripture"  in principle or otherwise.

A person is not what I meant by "extra-biblical source"   and I think you know that.  What I was talking about someone taking an extra-biblical document and giving it the same authority as Scripture.   I don't think that anywhere close to someone who simply has their own thoughts on the matter and express them, unless they see their own thoughts and opinions as being on part with Scripture.

I think I made the distinction between tribulation believers, those who get saved during the tribulation and the church whom many believe will not through the tribulation.  Your statement was about believers not going through the tribulation.   You didn't specify the church vs. those who get saved during the tribulation.   I simply stated that I had not heard of the idea that NO believers will go through the tribulation.

Omega,   I have been around long enough to have read all of the major prophecy teachers from days gone by and NONE of them have ever stated that the Great Tribulation is 7 years long.    Now maybe you might have heard some lay person in your church call the 7 years tribulation the "Great Tribulation,"   I dunno.    But I have never heard anyone who teaches prophecy relate it that way.   That's what I meant.   I am hardly an isolationist.

I never claimed anyone said that God's wrath is absent from the great tribulation.   The only point I was making is that we can call it that because it is there in function, if not explicitly referred to that way.

Again, the only point I was making is that while you can pepper us with a list of things that the Bible doesn't explicitly say, it doesn't mean the concepts are not there.   It really is that simple.  

Omegaman,  I've been here for a really long time now, and it is my view that most people really don't know how to read.....   oh they know what the word spells, but putting those words into the thoughts that you are expressing just doesn't happen way too much of the time.    I would think it might be because minds are made up about most things and they are not interested in understanding what you or I really have to say.

• Thumbs Up 1

Things the Bible DOES NOT SAY about the End Times

Notice, that this list, does not establish any end times 

theory, it tries to prove nothing. It does not even 

attack a theory, or attempt to refute one. 

What it does attempt to do, is to get people to ask 

themselves, why they believe certain things, that the 

Bible never says.

So basically, in between the lines I am asking: 

If we believe certain things that are not stated in the 

scripture, and claim that we believe them because that is what scripture teaches, aren't we in principle adding to the words of scripture?

Furthermore, if we teach these things as though they are true, does that make us false teachers?

So, what things do I claim the Bible does not teach? 

Following is a short list:

It does not say there will be a Rapture of the Church, 

which occurs before the Great Tribulation.

It does not refer the the Great Tribulation as being 7 

years in length.

It does not say that the Holy Spirit is removed from the 

Earth at any time during the Great Tribulation.

It does not refer to the Great Tribulation, as the wrath 

of God.

It does not say that Jesus will return secretly or 

invisibly to take His Church.

It does not say that no man will ever know the time (the

day or hour) of His coming.

It does not say that Jesus can return at any moment.

It does not say that Jesus will return like a thief in 

the night for His church.

It does not say that believers will not be in the great 

tribulation, or skip suffering and persecution, or even 

death.

Now, am I wrong about anything on that list. If so, can you provide scripture citations that would make anything in the list a misstatement?

Thanks for your help!

P.S. Please try to stick to the actual topic, and provide us with the information which would show me to be in error, when I claim the bible does not express the ideas in the list.

Hmmmmm, a list of assumptions and misconceptions, things that most pre-tribbers claim. You should have a lot of fun with this thread.

Shiloh,

I know you just love to argue and get your point in there Shiloh, but I cannot help but notice, that again you just basically ignored the topic and want to derail it into what you want it to be. I am not going for it this time. 

However, I will address one little part of your post, just to illustrate what you continue to do, address things that were never stated. You said essentially, that all of the major prophecy teachers never refer to the Great Tribulation as 7 years long. Did I say anything about major prophecy teachers? No, I did not. You said:

"I don't know of anyone who says the Great Tribulation will be 7 years long."

So, now it goes from not knowing anyone, to none of the major teachers? Nice try, I am not a debate expert, nor knowledgeable in logical fallacies etc., but I recognize desperation!

Now, my point on that 7 year tribulation, which you chose to avoid by subtly changing the topic, was that there are people who teach and believe this, whether you ever heard of them or not, is irrelevant. Had you bothered, a quick Google search would have revealed a few.

Please stop changing the topic. either deal with it, or just ignore it and let those who want to reply and discuss what I posted, do so. If you are so desperate to say the things you want to say, start a topic yourself and say them.

Thanks for being interested and enthusiastic anyway.

On 5/27/2015 at 10:10 AM, rollinTHUNDER said:

Hmmmmm, a list of assumptions and misconceptions, things that most pre-tribbers claim. You should have a lot of fun with this thread.

Actually rollingTHUNDER, I kind of doubt it. I am hoping to let people rethink why they believe what they believe. If they can stick to the actual topic, they should discover that much of what they think, is NOT based on scripture, but on opinions formed from inferences and faulty conclusions, which are not well thought out. As you observed, these are common pre-trib assumptions. So, I expect two things from that camp. Some will remain silent I would), while others will try and defend their beliefs will diversions and assertions, while just ignoring the actual topic.

For them, there is an entire thread about defending the pre-trib position. They should use that to express themselves. All I am asking for in verses that prove my assertions about what the bible does NOT say, to be wrong. I am not even asking that anyone admit that I am right! If the bible does say, what some people claim it does, it should not be difficult to supply a verse.

I made 9 assertions, Surely one of them can be proven wrong you would think, if they are incorrect. What a great opportunity this is, for someone who knows where these ideas come from if they are actually scriptural. (note: just rereading this thread on Feb 19, 2019 - the list is 13 items now - and is kept updated elsewhere)

Thanks for your comment, I know you and I do not agree on how things play out, so I appreciate it all the more.

Omegaman,  I've been here for a really long time now, and it is my view that most people really don't know how to read.....   oh they know what the word spells, but putting those words into the thoughts that you are expressing just doesn't happen way too much of the time.    I would think it might be because minds are made up about most things and they are not interested in understanding what you or I really have to say.

Yes other one, I was staying away from the forums for a while, because I was frustrated with how argumentative some are based on preconceptions. I love a good debate, because I find it enjoyable to learn from others by exchanging ideas. Unfortunately, some don't really engage in debate, the just pridefully fight about things they are passionate about. I do not want to change minds about anything in this post, I merely want people to reassess what they believe, and determine if they think what they do, because the Bible says it, or do they think it because of what they heard somewhere or because if feels good.

Guest shiloh357

Wow, Omega...  I really wasn't attacking you or trying to derail your thread.  You simply  said some things about bible prophecy that I had not heard anyone say.  Some of those are rather new to me.   Maybe its because I had a small book of Bible prophecy teachers that I draw from that I had just not been exposed to that stuff.   Bible prophecy isn't where I spend a whole lot of time in study.  I don't think I was being all that contentious.

I didn't realize it was such a touchy issue for you or that you would cop such an ugly attitude.  I will leave you to it, dictator. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Scott Free
      For the Glory of Jesus Christ the only unique Son of God. My Lord, My Savior, My All.
      "For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit." Romans 14:17 
      "Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience." Colossians 3:12
      "Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture!" I Corinthians 13:9
      "And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know." 1 Corinthians 8:2
      "Let no one deceive himself. If any of you thinks he is wise in this age, he should become a fool, so that he may become wise." 1 Corinthians 3:18

Hello, brothers and sisters in Christ. The Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ and the books of Daniel and Revelation are my teachers. I have a doctorate level education. This article is not aimed at the general assembly, it is for those who already have a background knowledge in Biblical prophecy. If you are a new Christian I strongly encourage you to ignore this and focus on the Fruits of the Spirit. An overwhelming amount of information has been summarized here. This is necessary to condense everything into a short essay. The focus of this is to provide new avenues for your study. It would take multiple books to expound upon all the details. I have tested every interpretation for the past 30 years. Putting each of them into the fire. Testing with the continuity of a holistic body of prophetic Biblical knowledge and fitting them into the reference of a comprehensive view of global secular events. Doing this without preconceived bias, along with the humility to change when faced with overwhelming hostile witness. Most interpretations were made back when no one knew of our current circumstances. We were not able to realize everything until after the mid 1980's. This information truly fits what is actually in the world today. It represents a extensive body of knowledge, taking a universal world view and without interference from cultural bias. All the separate events fit together in a holistic fashion with the full support of Biblical prophecy. 
      The focus of these statements are the events surrounding the fall of the Whore of Babylon. The first part is direct comparison to scripture. The last parts are manifestations of the Beast himself and twice removed from the scriptures that inspired their consideration. These statements are only my opinion, are subject to change and presented randomly. 
      The Antichrist is the (Maitreya .org). On web page goto: Literature/ The Plan/ Master Plan for Planet Earth (MAP)
      The Pope fits the position of the False Prophet.
      Lamb (Christian) that speaks like a dragon (Rome)
      N.Y.C. fits the the Great Whore.
      United Nations and a melting pot of all nationalities
      Dependent on maritime world commerce
      Between two rivers
      A great coastal city
      Consumer bases economy
      Media polluting world with lust
      Separate form the Dragon
      Dominates the Dragons system
      Defeats emperor style government
      The Whore is not of the Dragon but a separate city state in a secure geographical location away from the threat of invasion.
      The Great Whore "of" Babylon and Mystery Babylon are distinctly different entities. 
      5 were, 1 is and 1 is yet to come. (Rev 17:10) This scripture is from the point of view of the Whore and is putting her in historical context.
      Daniels prophecies ties into the seven hills of the Whore and the seven headed dragon.
      1)Babylon
      2)Persia
      3)Greece
      4)Rome
      5)Two divisions of Rome - Holy Rome who was defeated by Napoleon and Byzantine who's governing body relocated to Russia in the 1400's. In other words Moscow is now the seat of government in Eastern Rome having absorbed the fleeing Constantinople rulers. Czar literally means Caesar. See "Moscow is the Third Rome".
      6)Iron and clay - this is post WW I and II in Europe and Middle East. The defeat of emperors and the establishment of statehood. The U.S.A. assumes hegemony over Western Rome's historic borders. Thus the Dragons near fatal wound that will not recover until the rise of the Antichrist.
      7)10 member group, with 3 to have undisputed global military dominance. The only group to be in a position for such power is the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (S.C.O.), made in part to counteract N.A.T.O. aggression. This organization represents 50% of the worlds population. Whereas the E.U. represents only about 12%. Germany, France and the U.K.'s potential is relatively weak. It is too far of a stretch to say the E.U. will have the military personnel for world domination. Logically, the three nations are Russia, China and India. Remember, prophecy is on a global scale at this stage and no longer confined to Rome's historic borders.
      The US attack on Iran is the Pearl Harbor that will incite direct Sino-Russian engagement.
      (Rev 18:18) Osama Bin Laden and Russian officials with the help of MS-13 have planted miniaturized thermonuclear 2 kiloton bombs in the major US cities to stop this event. They are meant to be thermal, igniting large areas to create fire storms. The destructive shock wave and fallout are of secondary importance. For comprehensive details see: "Al-Qaeda nukes already in U.S." and "Al Qaeda has Nuclear Weapons-CIA". 
      (Rev 18:8) New York, Miami, Las Vegas and Los Angeles will be nuked when we attack Iran. It will not just be N.Y.C., but also places like L.A., Las Vegas, Miami and maybe Seattle. Places that pose risk to the occupying countries of Russia, China, Mexico and the "Islamic State" along with protecting the naval ports in Cuba and Alaska(annexed by Russia) See: "1984 Prophecy-Dumitru Duduman-Warning America"
      (Rev 17:16) Russia with the backing of China and India will take Europe(Germany and Vatican are already in bed with Russia) and Alaska. Mexico will have Texas to Florida. China will have California. Islam will rule over New England.  The Gulf coast is reserved for Mexico,  a starving and chaotic population will not be a match for the hardened militia and military grade weapons that are flooding across the boarder. Wisconsin will not be a problem for Canada, whose occupation will be welcome. See: "As if Things Weren't Bad Enough, Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S."-WSJ, "Orthodox and Catholics joining forces" and "Russian-German Chamber of Commerce (ECP)". 
      (Rev 18:17) Mexico, Cuba, Nicaragua and others have been given a navy by Russia to enforce an embargo on the rest of the U.S. population. Cuba and Mexico will shut off trade to Gulf ports. Mexico, Venezuela, China and Nicaragua can halt Pacific lanes of traffic. Russia, Turkey and Iran(every Iranian vessel of trade has missiles) can halt Atlantic trade. England will be preoccupied with the Russian annexation of Europe. See: "Russia’s Goals, Strategy and Tactics in Latin America"
      40 days after the nukes the Day of Declaration will be announced to the world by Maitreya(M). The broadcast will unite world media in the process. There is an international effort to conceal M until the Day of Declaration. Over 200 network executives and world leaders meet with him and agreed upon this course of action. There are local and regional wannabes claiming Maitreya status. To see the man himself view the video "Maitreya Mission emerged out from the Baha'i Faith"
      The following is by no means an endorsement, consider the Spirit I have been writing in. Christians weak in faith be warned, this information is a segment of the line that will be drawn in front of you at the hour of your testing. I am only showing what has been hidden from you by Satan, he wants to assure you will not interfere as a political or religious organization before the time and to catch you off guard with a sudden unexpected decision. See: "Maitreya’s miraculous appearance in Nairobi"( This person was not M himself, but a demonstration of how he turned Jesus into Christ. For M claims to be the Father God himself. ((Let my personal feelings be known with sounds of physical disgust.)) Also, it has a tie to a young Obama, who would go on to push for implementing M's policies only to suffer defeat by the election of Trump.), "Maitreya's TV interviews and the Day of Declaration", "Maitreya's emergence", "Three of Maitreya's Miracles", "Healing hand of Maitreya", "Maitreya's worldwide appearances", "Miracles: Healing wells - Share International".
      (Rev 17:17) (Rev. 17:10) After the destruction of N.Y.C. the S.C.O. nations will elect M as world leader. The U.N. headquarters will move to Jerusalem. The Temple will be build and the image of a Buddha will be erected there 10 to 20 years later. (Dan 12:11) He appears to establish a social, religious and political order first. For an undisclosed amount of time he rules the world, before he is assassinated which initiates the 1290 days. Events may not happen as quick as we think.
      The purpose of the Pope is to raise the masses to meet M. 
      (Rev 13:15) M only associates with the elite and will establish the ruling class. An A.I. of his person will be created for public intercourse, for a more "wholesome" internet .
      The two will combine their forces after the Day of Declaration, together the pyramid has its cap stone. 
      (Rev 17:16) After the burning down of N.Y.C. the U.N. headquarters will move to Jerusalem. The Palestinians will still be a problem. The Elders will pack them in boats and load them down with weapons. Sending them to New England allowing the boats to pass the embargo. The Palestinians will gather up an Islamic state and will subjugate a starving and chaotic population.
      (Rev 18:6-7) The cup of the saints blood. The Whore is drunk off the saints not because of her own doing, but of events happening within her boarders. Maiterya's mother is named Sekhmet. She waits in New Mexico to receive her kingdom, because, of a dream she had. She will gather the Hispanic populations as the Mother of God. Her children will devour (Rev 17:16) the Bible Belt(Texas to Florida). The cup will runneth over (Rev. 17:6). Forgive the pagan reference it is necessary to understand this. sekhmet is the oldest god in Egypt. She is a lion goddess her titles include Annihilator of the Rebellious and Our Lady of the Bloodbath. When ra sent her to destroy his enemies she went overboard and started to kill indiscriminately. ra was fearful all mankind would perish. So, ra turned the Nile into fake blood by mixing beer and pomegranate juice for her to drink instead. When she had her fill of this mixture she got drunk and fell asleep waking to become a goddess of love, motherhood and joy. In sekhmet temple worship they had what was called the porch of drunkenness were they drank this red alcoholic mixture. 
      (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12) In the valley of Hebron, Maitreya will descend in a u.f.o. with lightning and thunder.? The statement is based on Islamic teaching of the Mahdi(Antichrist). This is supported by Biblical prophecy and is tied to the new energy source M has planned. That is to draw electricity directly from the Magnetosphere using large hovering platforms connected by long cables to satellites (Rev 13:13). See: "The Space Tether Experiment"- NASA and "Ayatollah: Mahdi coming back in Space Ship"-WND
      (F.Y.I.) Revelation is seven separate letters. These documents repeat information as they overlap each other. This confuses many scholars. Both the rapture event and the 3 1/2 years are referred to in separate story lines. This gives the illusion of two different events when the book is viewed as a continuous narrative. Book divisions by chapter 3-3-3-4-3-3-3.
      For the glory of Jesus and by the power of His cross. Thank you for reading this. May you stand unmoved without fear, giving people comfort with the strength of your faith in Jesus Christ.
    • By DanielConway
      Hi.  I am a mature christian with and interest in early church history and eschatology.
    • By Omegaman 3.0
      Parousia παρουσία  Strong's 3952
      The Greek word parousia ( παρουσία ) is a word translated in our English Bibles to the words coming, arrival, or presence. The word is common in eschatological contexts, and occurs 24 times. Below you can see how and where the word is used. It derives from para (alongside) and eimi (I am), thus it is a coming to be alongside. It is notable, that this is a noun,
      3952 parousía (from parōn, "be present or to arrive to enter into a situation") – properly, coming, especially arrival by an owner, who alone can deal with a situation (cf. LS).  3952 (parousia) is a "technical term with reference to the visit of a king or some other official, 'a royal visit'" (Souter) – "hence, in the NT, specifically of the Advent or Parousia of Christ" (A-S).
      [3952 (parousia) is "used in the east as a technical expression for the royal visit of a king, or emperor.  The word means literally 'the being beside,' thus, 'the personal presence'" (K. Wuest, 3, Bypaths, 33).]
      Address
      Text
      Form
      Matt 24:3
      As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

παρουσίας Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular
      Matt 24:27
      “For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

παρουσία Noun -
      Nominative Feminine Singular

Matt 24:37
      “For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.

παρουσία Noun -
      Matt 24:39
      and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

παρουσία Noun -
      Matt 24:42
      “Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming*.

erchomai
      1 Cor 15:23
      But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming,

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      1 Cor 16:17
      I rejoice over the coming of Stephanas and Fortunatus and Achaicus, because they have supplied what was lacking on your part.

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      2 Cor 7:6
      But God, who comforts the depressed, comforted us by the coming of Titus;

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      2 Cor 7:7
      and not only by his coming, but also by the comfort with which he was comforted in you, as he reported to us your longing, your mourning, your zeal for me; so that I rejoiced even more.

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      2 Cor 10:10
      For they say, “His letters are weighty and strong, but his personal presence is unimpressive and his speech contemptible.”

παρουσία Noun -
      Phil 1:26
      so that your proud confidence in me may abound in Christ Jesus through my coming to you again.

παρουσίας Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular
      Phil 2:12
      So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      1 Thess 2:19
      For who is our hope or joy or crown of exultation? Is it not even you, in the presence** of our Lord Jesus at His coming?

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      1 Thess 3:13
      so that He may establish your hearts without blame in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints.

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      1 Thess 4:15
      For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.

παρουσία Noun -
      Accusative Feminine Singular
      1 Thess 5:23
      Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

παρουσία Noun -
      Dative Feminine Singular
      2 Thess 2:1
      Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,

παρουσία Noun -
      Genitive Feminine Singular
      2 Thess 2:8
      Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;

παρουσία Noun -
      2 Thess 2:9
      that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,

παρουσία Noun -
      Jas 5:7
      Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains.
      παρουσία Noun -

*here the word is not parousia, it is erchomai, included to demonstrate that not all instances of the word coming in English, stems from the Greek word parousia
      **here the word is not parousia, it is emprosthen, usually translated “before”, as in bow down before him
      Parousia παρουσία Strong.docx
    • By Jonathan BeWell
      The secular world keeps yelling, “Don’t judge me.” Well, I maintain that we must discern with the Holy Spirit and warn people of their fate in hell if they do not repent. Christ did.

30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matthew 5:30 King James Version (KJV)

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?

41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

John 9:39-41 (KJV)

When Jesus returns, I believe he will execute righteous anger on the world.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 24:48-51 (KJV)

Christ comes for more reasons than to love and save. Believe, repent and reap good consequences in the Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour of the world.

• By SurrenderedWife
      Blessings brothers and sister,
      I was wondering what insight you might have about the usefulness of having children in these last last days. I know we don't know "the day and the hour" but we can't ignore the times. I really want children, and so does my unbelieving spouse but 2 miscarriages later and with the end approaching I'm wondering if this is the best decision for serving the Lord. I love to study and teach and have already envisioned a wonderful and comprehensive homeschooling curriculum, and will follow guides to make sure they successfully grow through their stages. My husband forbids the kids attending church or being taught Christianity as fact rather than my belief. Still, he's not against Christian friends and conversation per se... Other than this, my husband is a committed provider, supports traditional roles and most of Christian teachings, and is very affectionate to family (including our cats).
      I think will make a very good dad. So far things seem to indicate a green light from God, but I'm still interested in what you all know or think!