• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Okay Shiloh, thanks for being so mature about this!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Omegaman 3.0

I just wanted you to know that I agree with you; there are no scriptures that support the nine things on your list.

Jeff

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Omegaman,

I would have to disagree with most of your conclusions.  

Some have this idea that unless a Scripture can state precisely (in the very same, exact words) what is believed, then that truth is not valid.  But that is not how the Lord and the apostles handled Scripture.  There are many instances when the Lord applied Scripture obliquely to establish doctrine.  Our responsibility is to take all Scriptures into account and arrive at the teaching which is consistent with all Scripture.

Take the example of the Pre-Tribulation Rapture.  First of all, what is the purpose of the Tribulation and the Great Tribulation?  If it has nothing to do with the Church, why should we expect God to say "There will be a Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church" precisely in so may words?  Why can we not be satisfied with the statement that God has not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through Christ? 

Unless you can prove that everything described in Revelation chapters 6 through 18 is an expression of God's grace and mercy, and not His wrath, why should we not believe that the entire Tribulation period is an expression of God's wrath?  And why should we not believe that Daniel's 70th week ( seven years) is tied into this?  Do we really need another statement saying "Daniel's 70th week is tied into the book of Revelation, and believers, make sure to integrate the two"?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

Hi Omegaman,

I agree that none of those statements can be supported directly by scripture.

There are times when you can make reasonable deductions based on scriptures but those deductions should never override what is directly stated.  At least that's my priority.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

P.S. Please try to stick to the actual topic, and provide us with the information which would show me to be in error, when I claim the bible does not express the ideas in the list.

Just out of curiosity, O man, is this your own list or did it come from another source? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Amen!! O-man, I have wanted the pre-trib camp to answer that question for years.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Omegaman 3.0,

Do you realise that -

`...knowing first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,...` (2 Peter 1: 20)

Meaning that no scripture is to be taken by itself - not `private or separate,` (Gk. `idios). Thus you need to rethink your position.

Marilyn.  

Hi Omegaman,

I agree that none of those statements can be supported directly by scripture.

There are times when you can make reasonable deductions based on scriptures but those deductions should never override what is directly stated.  At least that's my priority.

I agree with you Last Daze. Reasonable deductions are all we can do, but we need to approach scripture, all of scripture with an open mind. If we take a position that is not stated in scripture, we better have a very good reason. If our position is contradicted by scripture, we need a new understanding. If we come to the bible, with a presupposition, then we will read our bias into the scripture, and think we have scriptures backing, and we are deceived and may end up deceiving others.

On that point I need to say, that I do not pretend to have all the answers. I do not pretend to know the truth. I have my beliefs of course, and some confidence in them, but I do not think that anyone should believe me, they should search the scriptures, and let the scriptures speak for themselves.

I am not the authority. Our pastors are not the authorities. Commentaries, YouTube videos, popular novels, theology books, seminary professors, and posts on forums, are not the authority. Personal dreams, visions and words of knowledge are not the authority. Only the Bible is the authority on these matters.

P.S. Please try to stick to the actual topic, and provide us with the information which would show me to be in error, when I claim the bible does not express the ideas in the list.

Just out of curiosity, O man, is this your own list or did it come from another source? 

I this list came to me as I was just awakening, while groggy at about 6 A.M. this morning. So it is not that well thought out. Also just out of curiosity, why do you ask?

Amen!! O-man, I have wanted the pre-trib camp to answer that question for years.

LOL, me too, but I never thought to ask it in this way before this morning.