• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Omegaman 3.0

I was really touched by your thoughts to help me with presenting what I have been taught. Thank you. I have certainly taken note.

Now I believe I need to present this subject on the soap-box debate where I can present it in detail. After that I can see it would be good for me to do some threads, as you presented, so that others can comment & discuss the different points presented.

So if any who do not believe in the pre-trib. rapture would like to present their views with me in the soap-box area, then you can PM me & we can work out `when & how` with each other & the moderators.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

Well, I imagine you all are getting a little tired of me by now, I know that I am tired of me. I think perhaps I will end the thread maybe about this time tomorrow, just to be a coward and bail myself out of any further trouble. So, if you have anything other to add, now would be a good time.

If I do not see you before then, thank you everybody for your contributions to and interesting thread, at least, I found it interesting.

Hi Omegaman

Before you go, I just wanted to say I enjoyed your video.  I did not fall asleep, but went looking for more video's of yours and watched them.  Well done.  It was done in good taste, with a bit of humour.  It was light, yet strong,  and I understood everything you were trying to convey.

I cannot participate in this topic because I can't prove otherwise on every single point you made.  Those were rock solid points, and proof that not all doctrines come from the Bible, but are accepted as fact.  We should scrutinise every thing considered as truth, by checking out it's source.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Thank you Sister. I truly appreciate your very gracious comment.It made my day yesterday when I read it, what a breath of fresh air, at a time, when I needed to take a breath.

I think the thread it has pretty much run it's course. In spite of the topic getting close to hostile from time to time, I think I made my point, and I think others made their points. Good job, and thank you, to all who participated. In an underhanded way (since I was called that anyway, I thought  would do one more underhanded thing. 

Earlier, I had added links on the first post, so in this underhanded post, I will draw attention to or something like that. It is just a pre-trib friendly bible version, to help promote the things the bible does not say. It might make some mad, it might make some laugh. How you react, is up to you. If you did not like this thread, you might want to avoid that link.

• 2 years later...

Wow, I closed this topic over two years ago, time sure flies. I had a lot of fun just rereading it, thanks again for all of your replies!

note: just rereading this thread on Feb 19, 2019 - the list is 13 items now - and is kept updated elsewhere

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later...

On 5/27/2015 at 9:40 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Omegaman 3.0,

It seems I wasn`t clear in what I meant, sorry about that. I quoted 2 Peter 1: 20 as regards to just looking to one scripture & not taking in all others on the topic. I know people think that scripture is about us not interpreting scripture privately for ourselves, but that is not the meaning Peter was saying. It means that no scripture can be taken on its own, its own private interpretation, but must be taken with all other scriptures.

Hope that is clearer, as in your opening address you seem to want a specific scripture to answer your statements. Thus I wrote that scripture itself says you are not to do that, as each scripture on a topic (& also the whole Bible itself) is the framework for the answer.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Thanks Marilyn for attempting to clarify. I know your post was many years ago, but I thought I should reply, as I was just rereading this thread.

A long long time ago, you invited me to participate in a debate on the end times, in our soap box (debate section). I declined, but I do not know if I told you why I declined. The reasons is, that you look at scripture in a totally different way than I do, and I just thought it would be too difficult to have a meaningful debate, because I felt that we would be too busy defining terms for it to be productive.

I cannot now recall too many examples of these kinds of difficulties, but I do recall a couple:

You have (what is to me) a peculiar habit it using the term "the body of Christ". You seem to avoid the more common phrase "the Church". Now I realize that the church can mean different things, some equal to the body of Christ, sometimes a local gathering, etc. but your apparent allergy to "the church" just make me nervous, and it is nothing more that things like that make be shy away some, from engaging you.

The main thing that made we want to not debate with you, was your approach and mine are very different. You (and you are not alone) come from the perspective of trying to understand scripture, by discerning "the purpose" of things. I am not big on worrying about the purpose, except where God thought it worthwhile to actually tell us what the purpose is/was.

I am much more interested in what the Bible actually says, than trying to interpret what if means from my assumptions about purpose.

I brought up these distinctions in our approached here in the response, because you explained to me that 2 Peter 1:20 is meant to be understood, that one does not understand prophecy in isolation, that prophecy not being a matter or private interpretation, means that you do not understand it is isolation.

I agree that we are always to compare scripture with scripture. However, I believe that Peter here was only saying, what he appears to be saying. To me that means when a person speaks for God (prophecy), in means one thing. You are not entitled to one understanding, and me to another. God meant what He said, and if we come to different (private) understandings, that one or both of us is wrong.

I decided to unlock this thread for a while, maybe some new blood will want to engage the topic here. However, I am going to insist that people really try to stay focused on the original post in this thread, and not go off on tangents and endless and sometimes overly passionate debates here. Any aspect of the end times probably already has threads on it. If you have to talk about those things, then use those threads. This is about the 13 things which I have claimed are not found in our Bibles. You can disagree of course, but please be ready to show why, from the Bible, that you disagree with my assertion. 

This is not a fight, if you are that passionate that you feel like fighting, go off and take some deep breaths, calm yourself and return and discuss there things in a loving, rational, and peaceable manner.

Here is your checklist:

Galatians 5  22 the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

Brothers and sisters, iron sharpens iron, but sharp iron is not for wounding each other!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Thanks Marilyn for attempting to clarify. I know your post was many years ago, but I thought I should reply, as I was just rereading this thread.

A long long time ago, you invited me to participate in a debate on the end times, in our soap box (debate section). I declined, but I do not know if I told you why I declined. The reasons is, that you look at scripture in a totally different way than I do, and I just thought it would be too difficult to have a meaningful debate, because I felt that we would be too busy defining terms for it to be productive.

I cannot now recall too many examples of these kinds of difficulties, but I do recall a couple:

You have (what is to me) a peculiar habit it using the term "the body of Christ". You seem to avoid the more common phrase "the Church". Now I realize that the church can mean different things, some equal to the body of Christ, sometimes a local gathering, etc. but your apparent allergy to "the church" just make me nervous, and it is nothing more that things like that make be shy away some, from engaging you.

Hi Omegaman,

Well oh well, how funny, 2015 - 2019 and we are still discussing. Great. Let`s go. Oh now I can see that you would find that strange as most people refer to the collective believers as the Church, whereas you noted very well that I shy away from that. Why? Because people actually think that the Church is the meeting in a building run by an organisation. people say `I am going TO church.` It has slipped into out speaking and thus our thinking.  And if you don`t GO TO CHURCH then you are backslidden etc. That is what I hear.

So when I use the term `the Body of Christ` which is scriptural, people then know I am referring to the whole Body across the world and across the centuries. Hope that is clearer and not be a stumbling block between us. If in a discussion you wanted me to use the term church, I would. I`m not dogmatic, but try and make people think, and realise that WE, the believers are the Ekklesia, the called out ones. The meaning of the English word `Church,` has changed over the years and is actually not scriptural in its use today - the public meeting that people GO TO is what people think and that is incorrect. We are the church.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

The main thing that made we want to not debate with you, was your approach and mine are very different. You (and you are not alone) come from the perspective of trying to understand scripture, by discerning "the purpose" of things. I am not big on worrying about the purpose, except where God thought it worthwhile to actually tell us what the purpose is/was.

I am much more interested in what the Bible actually says, than trying to interpret what if means from my assumptions about purpose.

Now as to purpose. All the details in God`s word lead to His purpose.

` God.....having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which HE PURPOSED in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth - in Him.` (Eph. 1: 9 & 10)

When we don`t understand God`s purpose we then try and fit all the details according to our own ideas.