Pamelasv

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

You will notice that the seven seals, seven churches and seven trumpets all culminate at the end of time, and that they begin in John's time.

Revelation begins with the instruction from the Lord in the first three verses, mentioning twice that "the time is at hand," and things "which must shortly come to pass." 

The prophecies of Revelation begin in John's day and end with the coming of Christ and the establishment of the new Jerusalem on the new earth which is created after the earth lies in a lifeless desolation for a thousand years.

So if the tribulation happens within the space of the seven seals, it can be pin pointed to be an exact time frame, which the Bible gives over and over again as 1260 days in vision time, which equals 1260 years in real time.

This time period is also named the forty two months, - 30 days X 42 = 1260.

And as "a time, times and half a time," where a time = 1 year.

So we have three and a half years which is 360 days X 3.5 = 1260.

Notice that these times all refer to the same event and time period, just described in different forms to keep it away from the understanding of the wicked.

The Papal tyranny, which killed over 60 million people, reigned from 538 to 1798 AD, or 1260 years. No mystery there as to "the Antichrist" and "the abomination that makes desolate" the truth.

Now all we need to do is apply each of the seven's - the churches, seals and trumpets, as three layers of the same period from John to Christ's return, to get an overall picture of the history and small future left over.

The 1260 time period is the abomination that makes desolate the truth, as spoken of in Daniel, and by Christ, and by Paul who said that "Christ will not come until there be a falling away first."

This was the predicted dark ages, elements of which were already exercised on the disciples by the Jewish leaders. It was a religious persecution, which became worse and worse until it culminated in the reign of the great Antichrist for 1260 years.

Jesus said that after those days of peril, there would be signs in the sun, moon and stars, which happened between the end of the Papal reign - 1790's and 1833.

The clue to the reign of the Papacy in the seven churches is given in the forth church - where it mentions Jezebel, who reigned in Elijah's days, during which there was a 3 1/2 year famine because of the wickedness. That's 1260 days. Once again another good clue.

Notice in the seals - the forth seal - the language for the dark ages, and notice the language for the sixth seal, - after the reformation, the signs in the skies as predicted by Christ to be after the days of tribulation. Interesting isn't it?

Will there ever be trouble in the future? yes a short time - Revelation 13, says that the beast had a wound - 1798, and the wound healed. Daniel and Paul also make it clear that the strange persecuting power would be there right until it is slain by the brightness of Christ's return. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

Interesting reply's. Thanks. I believe the great tribulation tho starts when Christians get annilated for not worshiping the image. If somebody did not contradict that, sorry then I misunderstood. I don't get that into prophecy. Tho I believe there is NO basis for a pretrib rapture. Zero. Wishful thinking. NOWHERE does it point to it. NOWHERE. :D

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

Tho I believe there is NO basis for a pretrib rapture. Zero. Wishful thinking. NOWHERE does it point to it. NOWHERE. :D

If you really believe this, your emoticon should be :help:

Oh, I really had to laugh when I read that in my email notification. Well, I really don't understand how that means I need help. I'm not alone in this view. Funny. Plus, really, everybody is still learning and always will be if they are reading, and everybody is at different knowledges and understandings. Iron sharpens iron....Nobody on the planet knows all the answers. Some know this while others know that....

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Oh, I really had to laugh when I read that in my email notification. Well, I really don't understand how that means I need help. I'm not alone in this view. Funny. Plus, really, everybody is still learning and always will be if they are reading, and everybody is at different knowledges and understandings. Iron sharpens iron....Nobody on the planet knows all the answers. Some know this while others know that....

Sometimes people get really nasty if you do not go with their interpretation.It is like their interpretation is the only one.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Interesting reply's. Thanks. I believe the great tribulation tho starts when Christians get annilated for not worshiping the image. If somebody did not contradict that, sorry then I misunderstood. I don't get that into prophecy. Tho I believe there is NO basis for a pretrib rapture. Zero. Wishful thinking. NOWHERE does it point to it. NOWHERE. :D

Hi Pamelasv,

I agree with you that the great tribulation begins when the Christians will not worship the image of the beast.  I believe the image of the beast is set up at the same time that the antichrist says that he is God; these events are the abomination of desolation.

I also agree with you that the rapture will not come before the start of the tribulation; whether you believe in a 7 year or a 3 1/2 year tribulation period.

Jeff

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

According to the commentary in the bible I am reading, he says the 7 seals happen during the great tribulation. Do you believe this? Why or why not?

Thanks. He is also a pretribber, but that is for another thread of course.

Who is the 'he' that you refer to? 

Charles Stanely.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Charles Stanely.

Hmmm.....Dr.Charles Stanley is usually right on.Can you post where Dr.Stanley says that?

He says it in commentary in a bible I ordered from his ministry. He uses the nasb.