Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Whilst the emphasis would be on "Your (God's) will be done", it's interesting how many times Jesus' response was according to your faith you will be healed. There was even this elder lady who got healed just by touching Jesus' mantle, without Him actually wanting to heal her, for which He wanted to know who it was that touched Him.

That being said, I've personally grown to be pretty cautious about these kind of things. Our own faith should be a sort of key factor here, yet it is God given. Many times Jesus also says, ask and you will be given, or whatever you ask in My name, it is given to you. Or what about the parable of the woman banging on the judge's door day in, day out? Or the friend, who had late visitors, and wanted to have some bread from the reluctant neighbor.

Equally it seems to be true, that Jesus is asking us to be persistent in our asking, taking of course, that we are in alignment with what the Father agrees on. Would be insanity to request for things ungodly.

This is probably one of the most difficult things Christians struggle with. On one hand, we are told to ask persistently and whatever we ask (in the case of healing as instance) in Jesus' name, it should be given. But practically we all know it doesn't work like that, unless there's someone here who would like to testify other wise.

And yet, Paul clearly has a problem, even connected to the devil himself, which God is not willing, for one reason or another to heal instantly. I've often thought about what would it do to us, were we granted too much. Ministry is different kind of a thing, naturally, and is where most of the amazing stuff happens. In the personal life, though, probably for the most, getting their will done would have sooner or later a negative impact on the personal integrity. God is not a genie of the lamp.

So I would say, probably for our integrity's sake (which has to do with Him being sovereign of course), God does not all the time cause miraculous healing on our request. Were we to be completely humbled 100% without the risk of falling after our pride, I think He might have a greater rate on agreeing in our wishes. It's like with the children: you just can't all the time affirm their actions, unless you want spoiled brats. Who would want something like that?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Let me ask you a question.   The man at the gate called "Beautiful"  in Acts....     Jesus passed by that man every day during his ministry.  Why didn't he heal him?

He did, through Peter and John.

In John 5:1-9, there was a multitude (v. 3)  of invalids in need of healing at the pool of Bethesda...   why did Jesus choose to only heal one of them???

John 5:13 But the one who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, a multitude being in that place.

Most likely for this reason

John 6:15 Therefore when Jesus perceived that they were about to come and take Him by force to make Him king, He departed again to the mountain by Himself alone.

And this reason

John 5:16 For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath.

Its pretty cool that an angel was healing people though.

John 5:4 For an angel went down at a certain time into the pool and stirred up the water; then whoever stepped in first, after the stirring of the water, was made well of whatever disease he had.

My question to you, who did Jesus turn away that came to Him for healing?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Just a couple of questions.

Jesus prayer that God would take the coming crucifixion away from Him. God did not answer the prayer.

Matthew 26:

39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.

40 Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “What! Could you not watch with Me one hour? 41 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

42 Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done.” 43 And He came and found them asleep again, for their eyes were heavy.

44 So He left them, went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.

Paul prayed to have the thorn removed, but God did not answer that prayer.

2 Cor 12:7And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Both Jesus and Paul prayed and asked 3 times. I am assuming that neither one is viewed as lacking faith.

Why were these prayers not answered?

For Paul I believe that he explains it openly. The thorn in the flesh had a purpose.

For Jesus it seems to me to be a whole other thing all together. Why did Jesus pray the prayer he KNEW would NOT deliver him from BUT to death?

If a man seeks to save his life he loses it.

He laid down his life for our sakes.

Not even Pilot could save him though he tried.

His prayer was an act of self righteous suicide. He knew he would die.

I too confess that being 'filled' with the Holy Spirit has some very awesome accompanying 'feelings' as well as 'power'.

Jdg 14:6 And the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him, and he rent him as he would have rent a kid, and he had nothing in his hand: but he told not his father or his mother what he had done.

I know there is still much perfecting needing to be done of my faith but thank you to Retrobyter for your comments. They were well received here.

I have had the pleasure of having the Spirit of the Lord come upon me and give me perfect driving skills to avoid certain death. I felt like a spectator while something else moved my body.

I have had the pleasure of having such a measure that I felt as if I would never need ANYTHING again. No food, water or anything whatsoever. I was perfectly whole! I was given a taste of that which is to come!!

But I am careful not to crucify Thomas when he shows up saying I will not believe without experiencing it for myself!

May God bless you all.

Guest shiloh357

Let me ask you a question.   The man at the gate called "Beautiful"  in Acts....     Jesus passed by that man every day during his ministry.  Why didn't he heal him?

John 5:13 But the one who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, a multitude being in that place.

John 6:15 Therefore when Jesus perceived that they were about to come and take Him by force to make Him king, He departed again to the mountain by Himself alone.

And this reason

John 5:16 For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath.

John 5:4 For an angel went down at a certain time into the pool and stirred up the water; then whoever stepped in first, after the stirring of the water, was made well of whatever disease he had.

My question to you, who did Jesus turn away that came to Him for healing?In John 5:1-9, there was a multitude (v. 3)  of invalids in need of healing at the pool of Bethesda...   why did Jesus choose to only heal one of them???

Nice attempt at not dealing with the question.

Jesus walked past that man every day during his earthly ministry.   Why didn't Jesus heal that man during his earthly ministry?

And this reason

But that doesn't answer the question, Justin.   Why would not knowing who Jesus is mean that Jesus only healed ONE person in a multitude of sick people???  If it is God's will to heal everyone, then why didn't Jesus do the Father's will and heal EVERYONE at that pool???

Angel was not healing anyone.  Ancient Israel was preoccupied with angelology, just like pagans and false teachers are today. This was nothing but an old Jewish legend that had no basis in truth.   We know archaeologically that the pool of Bethesda was fed by a subterranean spring that bubbled up from time to time and that was the source of the disturbance of the water, not some angel. 

My question to you, who did Jesus turn away that came to Him for healing?

Paul.   Paul prayed three times for his thorn in the flesh to be removed, but God gave Paul that thorn to keep him humble because of the visions of heaven that he saw.  He prayed for healing and Jesus said, "no."

Why didn't Paul heal Epaphraditus?   Epaphraditus was in Rome from Philippi to minister to Paul and he became ill and Paul didn't pray for his healing.

Why did Paul leave Trophimus sick at Miletus ( II Tim. 4:20)??

When Timothy was sick, why was Paul's advice to take some wine for his stomach?   Why wasn't Paul's advice to believe God for healing?   Why didn't Paul advise Timothy that healing was in the atonement??

But more to the point,   In John 5, Jesus is surrounded by sick twisted mangled bodies and the filth and stench that goes with these kinds of illnesses.   Why didn't Jesus heal them all if, as you say, it is God's will to heal everyone??    Why did Jesus only heal one person and leave the rest of them to trust in a fairy-tale about an angel???

Wouldn't that have been an ideal time to say, "why are you taking your chances with an angel, when you have the power of God in your midst to heal all of you, and not just one lucky person?"    I mean, if Jesus' goal was heal everyone, why wouldn't he have been more pro-active??    Some of those couldn't come to him, couldn't walk or move, so why didn't Jesus go to them and take the initiative to heal?

It is true. Jesus did not heal everyone. He picked and chose.

Jhn 5:21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Nice attempt at not dealing with the question.

Jesus walked past that man every day during his earthly ministry.   Why didn't Jesus heal that man during his earthly ministry?

And this reason

But that doesn't answer the question, Justin.   Why would not knowing who Jesus is mean that Jesus only healed ONE person in a multitude of sick people???  If it is God's will to heal everyone, then why didn't Jesus do the Father's will and heal EVERYONE at that pool???

Jesus healed everyone who called out to Him. With the multitudes, often he avoided multitudes for the reason of them trying to make him King, or bringing upon Himself an early crucifixion before His time.

Angel was not healing anyone.  Ancient Israel was preoccupied with angelology, just like pagans and false teachers are today. This was nothing but an old Jewish legend that had no basis in truth.   We know archaeologically that the pool of Bethesda was fed by a subterranean spring that bubbled up from time to time and that was the source of the disturbance of the water, not some angel.

Well, the bible says an angel went down and stirred the water healing whoever stepped in. Apparently John believed it or else he would have said differently, unless of course, John was preoccupied with angelology, which would explain the book of Revelation lol. If John was preocupied with Angelology just like the false teachers, why trust his writings? On this one, I'll take the bibles word for it over yours. 

Paul.   Paul prayed three times for his thorn in the flesh to be removed, but God gave Paul that thorn to keep him humble because of the visions of heaven that he saw.  He prayed for healing and Jesus said, "no."

Pauls Thorn - Context is important. Paul clearly starts boasting about the persecution and suffering he was experiencing and said he was boasting in that which concerns his infirmity,

2 Corinthians 11:22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? So am I. 23 Are they ministers of Christ?—I speak as a fool—I am more: in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often. 24 From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; 26 in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; 27 in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness— 28 besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches. 29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn with indignation?

30 If I must boast, I will boast in the things which concern my infirmity. 31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying. 32 In Damascus the governor, under Aretas the king, was guarding the city of the Damascenes with a garrison, desiring to arrest me; 33 but I was let down in a basket through a window in the wall, and escaped from his hands.

2 Corinthians 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.

Why didn't Paul heal Epaphraditus?   Epaphraditus was in Rome from Philippi to minister to Paul and he became ill and Paul didn't pray for his healing.

Why did Paul leave Trophimus sick at Miletus ( II Tim. 4:20)??

When Timothy was sick, why was Paul's advice to take some wine for his stomach?   Why wasn't Paul's advice to believe God for healing?   Why didn't Paul advise Timothy that healing was in the atonement??

But more to the point,   In John 5, Jesus is surrounded by sick twisted mangled bodies and the filth and stench that goes with these kinds of illnesses.   Why didn't Jesus heal them all if, as you say, it is God's will to heal everyone??    Why did Jesus only heal one person and leave the rest of them to trust in a fairy-tale about an angel???

There is too little about Ephaphraditus and Trophimus to make a doctrine out of it, they could have recovered later on. Also, remember how the disciples couldn't cast out the demonized boy because of their unbelief? Jesus came and healed them. Jesus is the standard, Paul isn't.

Wouldn't that have been an ideal time to say, "why are you taking your chances with an angel, when you have the power of God in your midst to heal all of you, and not just one lucky person?"    I mean, if Jesus' goal was heal everyone, why wouldn't he have been more pro-active??    Some of those couldn't come to him, couldn't walk or move, so why didn't Jesus go to them and take the initiative to heal?

Find me one person who came to Jesus who Jesus turned down and said no I'm not going to heal you. Is Jesus the same God today as He was when he walked on earth? Did he have a sudden personality change?

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Isaiah 53:But He was wounded for our transgressions,

He was bruised for our iniquities;

The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,

And by His stripes we are healed.

Psalm 103:2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,

And forget not all His benefits:

3 Who forgives all your iniquities,

Who heals all your diseases,

2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

Sickness and disease stems from the curse of the fall which we will not free from until we receive our glorified bodies.

And that is precisely what proves that healing and physical perfection were provided for in the atonement. As FloatingAxe said, He heals "ALL" our diseases and His perfect sacrifice opens the door to our total perfection -- body, soul, and spirit. 

But Matthew's quotation from Isaiah confirms that healing is in the atonement.  There is no disputing that Isaiah 53 is about the Lamb of God, His sufferings, and His sacrifice.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

God will to heal is 100% of the time! The problem can be the people He's working through or Satan inhibiting our prayers. The disciples couldn't cast out the demon and what did Jesus say?
Matthew 17:16New International Version (NIV)
16 I brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him.”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, shiloh357.

Retro,

Your theology is incoherent.   You have spent several long posts trying vigorously to convince me (in utter futility) that we should expect the same level of supernatural results that Elijah had when we pray.   You never qualified that assertion.   And yet you admit that we can't really expect that all of the time.

As for the preaching of the Kingdom....   Mark 1:14-15 tells us what Jesus preached.   He was going public as Israel's Messiah saying that the Kingdom of God has arrived.   It is important to note that Jesus was not the first person in recent years who had claimed to be the Messiah.   Other people claiming to be the Messiah had come and gone.    So why should Jesus be seen as anything more than just one more crazy man making false, grandiose claims?     Jesus performed miracles that none of the other "messiahs"  could do.   Jesus set himself apart from the charlatans by raising the dead, multiplying food, exercising personal power over nature, over death, and over demons.    Jesus' miracles and the subsequent miracles performed by the Apostles were to authenticate Jesus' claims to be the Messiah, and to authenticate the apostles as his rightful successors.

There is no doctrine of miracles, no express teaching about miracles in the epistles.   Miracles are solely at God's sovereign discretion.   You can pray for miracles 'till your blue in the face, but it is God's sovereign will in the end if a miracle is performed or not.    Your faith, or lack thereof is not going to affect positive or negative results and will not impact God's sovereign decision.

Fooey. It’s only “incoherent” to someone with an incoherent mind! if you can’t figure it out, then don’t blame the message! And, I only try to “convince” you for your own sake. You’ve got your blinders on, though, and REFUSE to be “convinced.” But, “a man convinced against his will....” So, Mr. Borg (since "resistance is futile"), can you be taught or not? Even Eliyahu (Elijah) couldn’t maintain his miracle working power indefinitely because even he grew tired and felt defeated against the onslaught of threats from IyzeVel (Jezebel).

As far as there being no “doctrine of miracles” in the epistles, are you MESHUGGAH (CRAZY)?! "NO TEACHING?!” Have you never read 1 Corinthians 12?!

1 Corinthians 12:4-11

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues (languages); to another the interpretation of tongues (languages):
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
KJV

Or, do we just “pick and choose” which teachings we “should” accept and which we “should” reject?

Furthermore, you have a POOR view of Yeshua`s “ministry” (His offer of the Kingdom to Israel) if you don’t include the miracles that He performed! You said to Joshua-777 (presumably, since you quoted him), “I mean, if Jesus' goal was [to] heal everyone, why wouldn't he have been more pro-active??    Some of those couldn't come to him, couldn't walk or move, so why didn't Jesus go to them and take the initiative to heal?"

The answer to your faithless question is to be found in the extent to which He healed people and in the prophecies about Him:

Matthew 4:23-25
23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.
25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.
KJV

Matthew 8:5-17
5 And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum (K’fer-Nachuwm), there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,
6 And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
13 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.
14 And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.
15 And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them.
16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.
KJV

This is a fulfillment (not THE fulfillment) of Isaiah 53:4:

Isaiah 53:4-5
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
KJV

Therefore, it was Mattityahu’s (Matthew’s) understanding that these verses WERE applicable to physical healing!

Matthew 9:18-10:8
18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.
19 And Jesus arose, and followed him, and so did his disciples.

20 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:
21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.
22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

23 And when Jesus came into the ruler's house, and saw the minstrels and the people making a noise,
24 He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.
25 But when the people were put forth, he went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose.
26 And the fame hereof went abroad into all that land.

27 And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou Son of David, have mercy on us.
28 And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.
29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.
30 And their eyes were opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know it.
31 But they, when they were departed, spread abroad his fame in all that country.

32 As they went out, behold, they brought to him a dumb man possessed with a devil.
33 And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel.
34 But the Pharisees said, He casteth out devils through the prince of the devils.

35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching (heralding) the gospel of the kingdom (the good news about the Kingdom), and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.

36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 And as ye go, preach (herald), saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand (The Kingdom from the sky is within your grasp).
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
KJV

Matthew 11:2-15
2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ (the Messiah), he sent two of his disciples,
3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another? (i.e., will there be one Messiah or two?)
4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:
5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them (have the good news heralded to them).
6 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
7 And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind?
8 But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses.
9 But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.
10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
KJV

Therefore, the life of Yochanan (John) the Immerser is a fulfillment of Malachi 3:1:

Malachi 3:1-6
1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers’ soap (caustic lye):
3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.
5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
KJV

Jewish rabbis and priests have debated this for YEARS, even before Yeshua` came: Will there be ONE Messiah who fulfills both the prophecies about the Suffering Messiah (Mashiyach ben Yosef) and those about the Reigning Messiah (Mashiyach ben Daviyd) or will there be TWO separate Messiahs who each fulfill one set of prophecies? Yochanan (John) could see the signs that Yeshua` would become the Suffering Messiah. He needed confirmation that He would also be the Reigning Messiah. To this end, Yeshua` performed miracles for Yochanan’s disciples to see that confirmed His role as the Reigning Messiah.

The fulfillment of the following verses are found above:

Isaiah 29:18-19
18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.
19 The meek also shall increase their joy in the LORD, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.
KJV

Isaiah 35:1-6
1 The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.
2 It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God.
3 Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees.
4 Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save (deliver; rescue) you.
5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
6 Then shall the lame man leap as an hart (a deer), and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.
KJV

Matthew 12:9-23
9 And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:
10 And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.
11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.
13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.
14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.

15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;
16 And charged them that they should not make him known:
17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.
22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.
23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?
KJV

Mattityahu noted that this passage is a fulfillment of Isaiah 42:1-4:

Isaiah 42:1-7
1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed shall he not break (a bent reed He won’t snap off), and the smoking flax shall he not quench (the smoldering wick He won’t extinguish): he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.
5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
KJV

Matthew 13:10-17
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
KJV

Yeshua` said that the blindness of the leaders of the Jews was a fulfillment of 

Isaiah 6:8-13
8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,
12 And the Lord have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.
13 But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.
KJV

Matthew 14:13-14
13 When Jesus heard of it, he departed thence by ship into a desert place apart: and when the people had heard thereof, they followed him on foot out of the cities.
14 And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.
KJV

Matthew 15:29-31
29 And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there.
30 And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them:
31 Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.
KJV

Matthew 19:1-2
1 And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;
2 And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.
KJV

Matthew 21:12-16
12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
14 And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them.
15 And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna (Howshiy`aah naa', Hebrew for “Rescue-us now!”), to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,
16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?
KJV

Yeshua` quoted 1 Kings 8 and 2 Chronicles 6 where Shlomoh (Solomon) said that the house (the Temple) was a place for prayers to be made.

The Prushiym (Pharisees) KNEW that “Hosanna" was a fulfillment of the prophecy in Psalm 118:25!

And, Yeshua` compounded that with the fulfillment of Psalm 8:

Psalm 118:22-26
22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save now, I beseech thee (Rescue-us now!), O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.
KJV

Psalm 8:1-9
1 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
KJV

Mark 6:1-6
1 And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him.
2 And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at (led to sin because of) him.
4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.
KJV

THIS is why Yeshua` said that He could not do very many miracles in Nazareth!

Miracles upon miracles; healing upon healing! MULTITUDES came to Him, “great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan!” That’s the WHOLE MIDDLE EAST! How could He be more “proactive?!” You have a VERY limited view of Yeshua`s offer of the Kingdom!

Sorry for the length of this post, but it is important that you understand the MAGNITUDE of the healing ministry of our Master!