IGNORED

Metel disappears, aids healed, contorted legs made straight. YAY Jesus

Joshua-777

Guest shiloh357

Doesn't matter what it is.  Again, I have known people who  got healed of terminally ill diseases and other things as well. I am primarily talking about these faith healers that claim miraculous healings when in fact, the healings never occurred and so that makes these claims about resurrections suspect since the same liars who have claimed healings that never happened or have made false prophecies are not claiming that they have seen the dead raised in their ministries.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Doesn't matter what it is.  Again, I have known people who  got healed of terminally ill diseases and other things as well. I am primarily talking about these faith healers that claim miraculous healings when in fact, the healings never occurred and so that makes these claims about resurrections suspect since the same liars who have claimed healings that never happened or have made false prophecies are not claiming that they have seen the dead raised in their ministries.  

Ok, so you are not challenging healings. You are challenging these faith healers.

I personally believe that since it is God who does the healing, God can heal someone even at a meeting of a faith healer. I would wonder why God would heal where a false teacher would get credit, but I remember a movie which was a fiction. In the movie, a guy was travelling the country as a faith healer. He would pepper the audience with his people pretending to be sick who would come up and pretend to be healed. In the movie, those who were obviously visibly sick or disabled were put at the back where they could not come forward. Since their problem was visible, he didn't want the audience seeing a healing fail. Well, a young man, obviously ill, did make it forward and would not leave the front. He kneeled and prayed in front of the cross and really got healed in this movie. The con man did not know what to do, and the real healing disturbed the con man tremendously.     

Added: the movie was called 'Leap of Faith' and was (according to wikipedia) roughly based on Peter Popoff. 

Guest shiloh357

These celebrity faith healers have done immense damage to the image of Christianity over the years in this country.   The only other group to close the same amount of damage is the RCC and the pedophile scandals there.

Benny Hinn, Paula White, Bishop Eddie Long, Ted Haggard, Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, Todd Bentley, have done immense damage not only through their teachings, but through their immorality.    Then you have  people like the now defunct Robert Tilton and the late Oral Roberts and John Avanzini and their extreme prosperity heresies, Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Meyer, Creflo Dollar who teach that we are little gods, and Dollar who eve denied the deity of Jesus while Jesus was on earth and so on. 

I could list all kinds of junk and heresies these 'ministries'  (so called) profess...  but on top of all of this are false claims of resurrections, none of which are ever truly documented, none of which can ever be verified and claims of missing body parts like fingers and toes and arms, etc.  suddenly being grown back/re-created in these meetings and so on.   We are just supposed to accept that they happened, no questions asked.  We are just supposed to be sheep.

When I lived in Tulsa I worked with Rhema and ORU students and if you challenged or questioned Kenneth Hagin  you got a violent earful about how you are not to question God's anointed prophets and to question or contradict their teachings was tantamount to blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and all of that.   

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Signs and wonders.I am not into it.I pray directly to God for His will to be done in my life.

http://www.gotquestions.org/signs-and-wonders.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have seen miracles and know they are real.....    I've seen ex-ray and ct scan things fixed or go away over prayer.

However from my days in the television industry back in the 60's and 70's I would have to agree with Shiloh.    My trust from personal experience with faith healers is very low to non existent.      The miracles I'm familiar with were where whole churches prayed and laid hands on people all at once if possible....

But I've also seen a few people at a faith healing revival healed, but in my opinion it is so seldom that I would attribute it to the faith of the sick person and not some healer...          but that's just my experience from 40 years ago.   I've seen people trot cross the back stage and hop into a wheel chair to roll out and be healed, or trot over to pick up their crutches...    It' very hard for me to trust these people...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

These celebrity faith healers have done immense damage to the image of Christianity over the years in this country.   The only other group to close the same amount of damage is the RCC and the pedophile scandals there.

Benny Hinn, Paula White, Bishop Eddie Long, Ted Haggard, Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, Todd Bentley, have done immense damage not only through their teachings, but through their immorality.    Then you have  people like the now defunct Robert Tilton and the late Oral Roberts and John Avanzini and their extreme prosperity heresies, Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Meyer, Creflo Dollar who teach that we are little gods, and Dollar who eve denied the deity of Jesus while Jesus was on earth and so on. 

I could list all kinds of junk and heresies these 'ministries'  (so called) profess...  but on top of all of this are false claims of resurrections, none of which are ever truly documented, none of which can ever be verified and claims of missing body parts like fingers and toes and arms, etc.  suddenly being grown back/re-created in these meetings and so on.   We are just supposed to accept that they happened, no questions asked.  We are just supposed to be sheep.

When I lived in Tulsa I worked with Rhema and ORU students and if you challenged or questioned Kenneth Hagin  you got a violent earful about how you are not to question God's anointed prophets and to question or contradict their teachings was tantamount to blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and all of that.   

Yes shiloh some really bad teachers.

Guest shiloh357

It is not hard to gather a crowd with signs and wonders.  The anti-Christ and the false prophet will deceive the whole world through signs and wonders, even calling down fire out of heaven just like Elijah.  

Signs and wonders are not necessarily evidence that God is working in your midst.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Signs and wonders are not necessarily evidence that God is working in your midst.

Except for Jesus, the disciples, Paul, Phillip the Evangelist, Steven, etc.

John 10:37 If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; 38 but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”

Romans 15:8 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ has not accomplished through me, in word and deed, to make the Gentiles obedient— 19 in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem and round about to Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

This passage is interesting,

1 Corinthians 4:18 Now some are puffed up, as though I were not coming to you. 19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord wills, and I will know, not the word of those who are puffed up, but the power. 20 For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.

Guest shiloh357

Yes, and the signs and wonders that were done in their ministries were the signs  of an apostle.   But there is no apostolic succession.  God still performs miracles today sometimes, but to assume that the signs that were done in their ministries is supposed to be the norm for today is simply false.   The signs that were done in their ministries were to confirm their callings.   it was not the norm for the church then, and is not the norm for today. 

In Corinth the "puffed up"  people he is referring to are his enemies who were false apostles and were attempting to lead the Corinthian church away from Paul into false teaching.   II Corinthians was also written to address those same people.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Yes, and the signs and wonders that were done in their ministries were the signs  of an apostle.   But there is no apostolic succession.  God still performs miracles today sometimes, but to assume that the signs that were done in their ministries is supposed to be the norm for today is simply false.   The signs that were done in their ministries were to confirm their callings.   it was not the norm for the church then, and is not the norm for today. 

In Corinth the "puffed up"  people he is referring to are his enemies who were false apostles and were attempting to lead the Corinthian church away from Paul into false teaching.   II Corinthians was also written to address those same people.

Considering miracles took place well over 300 years after the apostles, Jesus said believers would to the same works, and these signs would follow those that believed, I chose to believe Jesus words over your assumptions that signs shouldn't follow believers and we can no longer do the works of Jesus.

Miracles were also to demonstrate the Kingdom that is at hand, the powers of the age to come, Jesus rule and reign, and confirm the testimony of Jesus. The Kingdom hasn't fully arrived.