• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

I am reading on Solomon. I was wondering first of all, what on earth did Solomons first wife do all those years in the city of David until she moved from there to her new house Solomon had built for her? Not only that but she was a foreinger even. Who would her friends have been? What did the other wives do?

Does anybody have any history knowledge in this?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

Makes u wonder how many children Solomon had from all those women

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 6/3/2015 at 4:56 PM, Pamelasv said:

I am reading on Solomon. I was wondering first of all, what on earth did Solomons first wife do all those years in the city of David until she moved from there to her new house Solomon had built for her? Not only that but she was a foreinger even. Who would her friends have been? What did the other wives do?

Does anybody have any history knowledge in this?

On 6/6/2015 at 9:19 PM, creativemechanic said:

Makes u wonder how many children Solomon had from all those women

Dear sister Pamelasv,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Forgive me, my beloved brethren, but these questions are irrelevant. After all, how important is what the wives of Solomon did or how many children did he have? If it was important, it would be recorded in the Holy Scripture. It is a waste of time to delve deeper into theological courses or historical knowledge. We should meditate solely on the Holy Scripture.

What is important about Solomon's love relationships is that true happiness is not in the sexual relationship itself. Although Solomon had a thousand women, he still could not be happy with any of them:

·        “Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account: which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.” (Ecclesiastes 7.27,28).

On the contrary: he was very bitter about them:

·        “A foolish son is the calamity of his father: and the contentions of a wife are a continual dropping.” (Proverbs 19.13).

·        “It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.” (Proverbs 21.9).

·        “It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.” (Proverbs 21.19).

·        “It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house.” (Proverbs 25.24).

·        “A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.” (Proverbs 27.15).

And this is so that we will never have any doubt that when the Eternal instituted heterosexual monogamous marriage, he was establishing what is best.

May Jesus help us to seek only what is His and to be happy with it in His presence.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

10 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

Forgive me, my beloved brethren, but these questions are irrelevant. After all, how important is what the wives of Solomon did or how many children did he have? If it was important, it would be recorded in the Holy Scripture. It is a waste of time to delve deeper into theological courses or historical knowledge. 

There is nothing wrong with asking a question about something in the bible.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

10 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

Forgive me, my beloved brethren, but these questions are irrelevant. After all, how important is what the wives of Solomon did or how many children did he have? If it was important, it would be recorded in the Holy Scripture. It is a waste of time to delve deeper into theological courses or historical knowledge. We should meditate solely on the Holy Scripture.

She had to have been meditating on the scriptures to even ask that question.

On 2/24/2017 at 11:49 AM, Yowm said:

So I'm curious. If it's a waste of time, why do you dig up old threads like this one?

Dear brother Yowm,

·        “Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.” (Titus 1.15)

If there is one thing we need to seek from Jesus is that we have good eyes:

·        “The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!” (Matthew 6.22,23).

·        “No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light. The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness. If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.” (Luke 11.33-36).

When I made this comment about Pamelasv's thread, it was not my intention at any time to humiliate or mistreat her. On the contrary: if it has someone in this forum for whom I have a great esteem is for Pamelasv. Of all the brothers with whom I have had contact so far, she is the one who most studies the Sacred Scripture with sincerity, seriousness and depth. I am not saying that the other brothers do not do so, but Pamelasv really asks very intelligent questions that awaken in us the curiosity and desire to delve deeper into Jesus and His Word.

That is precisely why I made this comment. After all, it is not appropriate for a sister, with such a brilliant mind (like Pamelasv), to waste her gifts and talents on things that go beyond the Holy Scripture.

It is because I want Pamelasv to have more and more desire to know Jesus and grow in the knowledge of His Word, because I want her to be much more blessed than she already is, that I made this observation (which, unfortunately, was considered with criticism).

To conclude, I made a point of answering her question, it is because, although the question itself has no relevance, I saw in this thread the possibility of making a comment that, at least in my humble opinion, is extremely useful.

May Jesus help us to always use our gifts and talents for the edification of our neighbor. Even when there is evil in it, may Jesus not allow us to leave the evil in our hearts (see Romans 7:13-21) to go out and try to fight this individual. Instead, may Jesus enable us to let His goodness and mercy reach us and him (Psalms 23:6).

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

I was wondering because looking at Pamelasv's profile, she hasn't posted since Dec. of 2015. Do you know if she is even reading these threads?

There are many Psrmeslav's in the Forums and they welcome the refreshing comments of Leonardo, perhaps you may have something to contribute, in those NT scriptures. 

I have been bless a lot more with Leonardo's input in this thread than anyone's else's. 

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

I was wondering because looking at Pamelasv's profile, she hasn't posted since Dec. of 2015. Do you know if she is even reading these threads?

Dear brother Yowm,

Please, see what I said on the post:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/194913-what-does-this-mean/?do=findComment&comment=2532960

5 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

There are many Psrmeslav's in the Forums and they welcome the refreshing comments of Leonardo, perhaps you may have something to contribute, in those NT scriptures. 

I have been bless a lot more with Leonardo's input in this thread than anyone's else's. 

Dear brother Your Closest Friendnt,

You have no idea, brother, how much this means to me at this very difficult time, precisely because I want to respond to Pamelasv's threads. I am glad that you are being built with my posts and I ask you to join me in prayer so that I am given the opportunity to remain in the forum blessing people with the teachings that Jesus has to minister in my heart.

May Jesus continue to bless you with Your presence and knowledge.

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Are you not able to create new and fresh threads?

Dear brother Yowm,

If I do this, beloved brother, besides creating redundant threads, I will be breaking the law of men and the law of the forum, namely, I will be plagiarizing. After all, since Pamelasv's threads are well done, it's not right for me to create an equal thread and keep the credits for myself. It is imperative that when Pamelasv returns, she realizes how esteemed she is.

Because her threads are beautifully crafted, it's not fair that they are forgotten. On the contrary, it is most appropriate that they be brought into memory to awaken in us the desire to arrive at the full knowledge of the Truth. After all, none of them was totally answered.