• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

31 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

I know we are to forgive. Sometimes it is not easy. Sometimes you have to admit to the Lord you can't. Alot of the things the Lord has called us to do, many people just can't do and some walk away with great sorrow. But, the good news is even when we can not Jesus can. Some times we have to reach out in faith knowing the power to forgive isnt in us. 

In my own walk i had a horrible struggle with unforgiveness. I really faught the Lords command  in my mind from the wound deep in my soul. Wonderful councelor argued with me to no end. One day mourning with tears what had been stolen from me. Holy Spirit started councel in my mind. What have you Lost that can not be replaced? I thought on it. Again in my mind. How could anything ruin your life and stop you from being what I have made you to be? I thought on it. At the moment of His intrusion  i was frustrated because i was trying to take the box blade off my tractor and switch to the brush hog and mow. A person i believed to be a brother in Christ and that i was married to 30 years had taken every thing of value that was not titled to my ministry and ran off with another women while i was fighting for my life. He didnt even leave a hammer. And i was hitting the box blade with a board trying to get the pin out. I was crying my eyes out beating the heck out of the pin and i just crumpled to the ground in frustration when the board broke. Then i heard again in my mind? What has been taken from you i can't replace? I answered in defeat. "Nothing my Lord, I'm so angry Lord i cant forgive him. I know i need to forgive, i want to obey Lord, but i can't Help me forgive him Lord." 

I didnt know a christian brother was also receiving councel. He was at home packing his belongings and leaving the next day to start a missionary in Ireland. His wife was already in Ireland getting things started. He was a mechanic and a handy man and had his truck full of tools but the cost of shipping them to Ireland was so High. He was asking the Lord what should I do with them?

I had never met him before this Day but he had heard of my trouble and my horses and my ministry.

He had looked up where my ranch is. I walked up from the pasture where i fighting with the box blade and the Lord, rounded the corner and saw a loaded truck out side my gate and a strange man standing by it. He told me his name and about his ministry in Ireland and his leaving. Said" i just had in my heart to gives these tools to you. I said ok. Thinking one of the boxes were tools and i thanked him and the Lord because i thought he provides me with a hammer so i could mow.

It was everything in the Truck.  Saws, compressors, full sets of wrenches, ratchets, pliers, wire cutters, grinders, shovels, rakes, hammers, sledge hammers, hammer drills. We just kept unloading the truck and the tools. I just kept crying my eyes out. He shook my hand when we were done. We prayed for one anothers ministries and he left. 

I didnt have any words i think I was in shock. Then in my mind i thought, nothing was taken that you cant replace. Lord Thank you. He hasnt stopped me from being what youe making me to be or stopped me from doing anything you calles me to do. I was healed never have had an angry thought or hurt heart about my x husband since.

He doesnt expect everyone with every hurt to obey in flesh. Just pretend like we obey when our hearts full of anger our bitterness isnt forgiveness. He does help when we confess to him our weakness and our desire to obey.

Hope this will me a help to someone struggling some day.

It might take decades to forgive but we must do it to be forgiven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

12 hours ago, KPaulG said:

It might take decades to forgive but we must do it to be forgiven

The Lord has our life and we have assurance he will complete His work even if i takes us decades.

• Group:  Royal Member

On Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Reinitin said:

The Lord has our life and we have assurance he will complete His work even if i takes us decades.

Amen. We have assurance that if we keep trusting Him He will help us

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

well in my bible(KJV) Jesus said to forgive seventy times seven as opposed to other versions of the bible's seventy seven times,

But either way the point is that we are to forgive others as God has forgiven us,the number isn't as important as how much God desires us to forgive each other,so that we can "love our neighbors as ourselves" and not dwell on the past but look forward to our bright future with God as it is written..."anyone who tilleth the ground and looketh back is not fit for the kingdom of heaven".

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

From what I have learned from studying the bible is that forgiveness is important .  Ephesians 4:31-32. Hit home for me.  Matthew 6:14-16 is also about forgiveness.  I was just talking to my daughter in the car the other day about forgiveness.  I explained to her no matter how severe the wrong is we are to forgive the other party.  

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

If you forgive anyone's sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.

The way I see it and many will disagree, God gave us power to hold things against others. I am talking about people who deliberately hurts you and they don't even think they did any bad or they should apologize for anything. If you forgive them everytime and let it go God won't interfere. 

I have been in situation -not many- when I was hurted badly. Really badly which was too much to take. I asked God for justice to take revenge for me.  And he did and I have seen the person been punished.

I believe it's satan teaching and deception to ask Christians to forgive everyone for everything in every time. There is time and situation when you have to ask God take action like David in many of his Psalms. 

I think one of the reason we Christians as a church are esteemed very low because everyone can do whatever they want to us.

Edited by Zoltan777

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member

On 7/15/2017 at 6:53 PM, Joefizz said:

well in my bible(KJV) Jesus said to forgive seventy times seven as opposed to other versions of the bible's seventy seven times,

But either way the point is that we are to forgive others as God has forgiven us,the number isn't as important as how much God desires us to forgive each other,so that we can "love our neighbors as ourselves" and not dwell on the past but look forward to our bright future with God as it is written..."anyone who tilleth the ground and looketh back is not fit for the kingdom of heaven".

I agree fully.

• This is Worthy 1

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/8/2015 at 5:33 AM, George said:

Shalom,

I want to detail the importance of forgiveness and its practical application in real life circumstances.

Mat 18:21  Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?" 
Mat 18:22  Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy-seven times.
Mat 18:23  "Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants.
Mat 18:24  When he began to settle, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.

The first question we need to address is how much is 10,000 talents?  In layman's terms it's about $3 billion dollars. 

Mat 18:25  And since he could not pay, his master ordered him to be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and payment to be made.
Mat 18:26  So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.'
Mat 18:27  And out of pity for him, the master of that servant released him and forgave him the debt.
Mat 18:28  But when that same servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii, and seizing him, he began to choke him, saying, 'Pay what you owe.'

The second question that arises is how much is a 100-denarii?  It's about $3 dollars!

Mat 18:29  So his fellow servant fell down and pleaded with him, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you.'
Mat 18:30  He refused and went and put him in prison until he should pay the debt.
Mat 18:31  When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their master all that had taken place.
Mat 18:32  Then his master summoned him and said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me.
Mat 18:33  And should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?'
Mat 18:34  And in anger his master delivered him to the jailers, until he should pay all his debt.

Let me pull it up in different translations.

"And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him.
"And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him."

Mat 18:35  So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart."

So how often shall we forgive?  Basically as often as we need to!  Why?  Because each and every one of our sins has been forgiven by our God if we ask!  So often we forget what this means?  What do you suppose it means to be delivered to the tormentors?  What are the tormentors of unforgiveness?  Bitterness, resentment, anger, animosity, irritability, hatred, spite, hostility, to name a few!  These are the results of unforgiveness!  And people wonder why they are bound up?  It's based on this principle of unforgiveness!

The enemy of our souls would love for you to "JUSTIFY" your unforgiveness -- so that he can BIND you up so that you are INEFFECTIVE for the KINGDOM of God!

Once you comprehend this principle, then let's understand how to apply it in practical means.  

We ALREADY KNOW that we're going to be SINNED AGAINST!  It's not a hypothesis -- it's a fact.  But if you already know that you will be sinned against -- then you can already work out in your mind to forgive those who sin against you -- and it makes it easier to pray for those who sin against you!

Do you want to walk in freedom?  Then walk your life in the Spirit of forgiveness -- never allowing the enemy to get even a foothold in your life!

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

Wow,  3 Billion Dollars vs 3 dollars!  What a debt ! Freedom in Forgiveness in Truth in God's Word !  Rather rare in the world today, the world full of self-importance and pride. (and repentance?) .....   We need to repent ourselves,  and forgive others if we want to be forgiven.

Edited by simplejeff