• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom,

I want to detail the importance of forgiveness and its practical application in real life circumstances.

Mat 18:21  Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?" 
Mat 18:22  Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy-seven times.
Mat 18:23  "Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants.
Mat 18:24  When he began to settle, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.

The first question we need to address is how much is 10,000 talents?  In layman's terms it's about $3 billion dollars. 

Mat 18:25  And since he could not pay, his master ordered him to be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and payment to be made.
Mat 18:26  So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.'
Mat 18:27  And out of pity for him, the master of that servant released him and forgave him the debt.
Mat 18:28  But when that same servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii, and seizing him, he began to choke him, saying, 'Pay what you owe.'

The second question that arises is how much is a 100-denarii?  It's about $3 dollars!

Mat 18:29  So his fellow servant fell down and pleaded with him, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you.'
Mat 18:30  He refused and went and put him in prison until he should pay the debt.
Mat 18:31  When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their master all that had taken place.
Mat 18:32  Then his master summoned him and said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me.
Mat 18:33  And should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?'
Mat 18:34  And in anger his master delivered him to the jailers, until he should pay all his debt.

Let me pull it up in different translations.

"And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him.
"And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him."

Mat 18:35  So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart."

So how often shall we forgive?  Basically as often as we need to!  Why?  Because each and every one of our sins has been forgiven by our God if we ask!  So often we forget what this means?  What do you suppose it means to be delivered to the tormentors?  What are the tormentors of unforgiveness?  Bitterness, resentment, anger, animosity, irritability, hatred, spite, hostility, to name a few!  These are the results of unforgiveness!  And people wonder why they are bound up?  It's based on this principle of unforgiveness!

The enemy of our souls would love for you to "JUSTIFY" your unforgiveness -- so that he can BIND you up so that you are INEFFECTIVE for the KINGDOM of God!

Once you comprehend this principle, then let's understand how to apply it in practical means.  

We ALREADY KNOW that we're going to be SINNED AGAINST!  It's not a hypothesis -- it's a fact.  But if you already know that you will be sinned against -- then you can already work out in your mind to forgive those who sin against you -- and it makes it easier to pray for those who sin against you!

Do you want to walk in freedom?  Then walk your life in the Spirit of forgiveness -- never allowing the enemy to get even a foothold in your life!

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Amen...one needs only to think how many times we sin..in the 'small' things..not murder, theft etc. yet in God's eyes they are equal...one not greater than the other. Sin, we all do, but to know that we are forgiven by our Father is is a burden lifted ...yet if we sin against another..in word or deed and do not forgive...how can our loving Father so easily forgive us..."forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors" ( trespasses). We need to forgive our fellow man to be forgiven by our Heavenly Father....sometimes easier said when our egos and self righteousness gets in the way.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Shalom,

I want to detail the importance of forgiveness and its practical application in real life circumstances.

Mat 18:21  Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?" 
Mat 18:22  Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy-seven times.
Mat 18:23  "Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants.
Mat 18:24  When he began to settle, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.

The first question we need to address is how much is 10,000 talents?  In layman's terms it's about $3 billion dollars. 

Mat 18:25  And since he could not pay, his master ordered him to be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and payment to be made.
Mat 18:26  So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.'
Mat 18:27  And out of pity for him, the master of that servant released him and forgave him the debt.
Mat 18:28  But when that same servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii, and seizing him, he began to choke him, saying, 'Pay what you owe.'

The second question that arises is how much is a 100-denarii?  It's about $3 dollars!

Mat 18:29  So his fellow servant fell down and pleaded with him, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you.'
Mat 18:30  He refused and went and put him in prison until he should pay the debt.
Mat 18:31  When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their master all that had taken place.
Mat 18:32  Then his master summoned him and said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me.
Mat 18:33  And should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?'
Mat 18:34  And in anger his master delivered him to the jailers, until he should pay all his debt.

"And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him.
"And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him."

Mat 18:35  So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart."

So how often shall we forgive?  Basically as often as we need to!  Why?  Because each and every one of our sins has been forgiven by our God if we ask!  So often we forget what this means?  What do you suppose it means to be delivered to the tormentors?  What are the tormentors of unforgiveness?  Bitterness, resentment, anger, animosity, irritability, hatred, spite, hostility, to name a few!  These are the results of unforgiveness!  And people wonder why they are bound up?  It's based on this principle of unforgiveness!

The enemy of our souls would love for you to "JUSTIFY" your unforgiveness -- so that he can BIND you up so that you are INEFFECTIVE for the KINGDOM of God!

Once you comprehend this principle, then let's understand how to apply it in practical means.  

We ALREADY KNOW that we're going to be SINNED AGAINST!  It's not a hypothesis -- it's a fact.  But if you already know that you will be sinned against -- then you can already work out in your mind to forgive those who sin against you -- and it makes it easier to pray for those who sin against you!

Do you want to walk in freedom?  Then walk your life in the Spirit of forgiveness -- never allowing the enemy to get even a foothold in your life!

George

Amen ~~that is the only way to live in freedom and not to live in fear or bondage,if you have something against another person try to talk to them,if they don't want to forgive you then you at least your part in trying to make things better and you do not have to carry that burden any longer...

"Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?" 

Meaning all the time!

Philippians 2 :3,4

Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

With Gods love in us  we can forgive each other all the time...

• Steward

• Group:  Steward

If you think about it -- think of all the ways "politicians" sin against us?  How can you pray for your leaders -- if you harbor a grudge against them for what they are doing?  It's so common I believe we underestimate how easily it is for the enemy to work against us -- in our "self-righteousness".  This is why we compare ourselves to the Lord Himself -- and in doing so, it makes it easier to pray for all those that sin against us!

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

If you think about it -- think of all the ways "politicians" sin against us?  How can you pray for your leaders -- if you harbor a grudge against them for what they are doing?  It's so common I believe we underestimate how easily it is for the enemy to work against us -- in our "self-righteousness".  This is why we compare ourselves to the Lord Himself -- and in doing so, it makes it easier to pray for all those that sin against us!

If we realize that God wants us  to pray for our government can make it easier not to harbor hard feelings against the government ,we know how bad things are but God allows it in His plan to happen for His purpose...some days we understand and see the puzzle being put together...

1 Tim 2:1-5

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, ...

Unbelievers are just plainly blinded for the truth and all they are in for is more power.... :( 

Some day those eyes will be opened and they WILL confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,182
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom,

George

This such an important topic;

I appreciate the holy scripture biblical references

as to what Gods plan is for us, given in this post.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Are we adressing the General Detterance and the specific Detterance?

If we are quick to forgive are we helping the subject of our forgiveness to rehabilitate?

Don't we have a duty to the others in our community to know the difference from what is acceptable and what is not.

If we hold back our forgiveness is not to satisfied our revence instincts but to give the chance to the other party to come to consciousness of his(hers) doings and not only the other party but to give time to our selfs to review and examine our own evaluation of the evens.

Jesus can help us to have good judgment .

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The Bible says 70x7 which was explained to me as you forgive as often as you need to forgive.  There should be no end to our forgiveness, since God never stops forgiving us.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward

Are we adressing the General Detterance and the specific Detterance?

If we are quick to forgive are we helping the subject of our forgiveness to rehabilitate?

Don't we have a duty to the others in our community to know the difference from what is acceptable and what is not.

If we hold back our forgiveness is not to satisfied our revence instincts but to give the chance to the other party to come to consciousness of his(hers) doings and not only the other party but to give time to our selfs to review and examine our own evaluation of the evens.

Jesus can help us to have good judgment .

Thanks for your input -- and welcome to Worthy!

Obviously, when we're wronged we should let the offending party know why we believe we are wronged -- however that never changes our attitude in walking in forgiveness toward them.  :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

I love the Parable of the Unforgiving Servant. The first time I read it, it just seemed to reach in and grab ahold of me. Now whenever I start thinking on a wrong that I feel's been done me, I think of this passage of Scripture and am reminded of just how much I've been forgiven. It really puts things in perspective. What an amazingly merciful God we serve!