George

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you @cloe- wonderful.  Well, what is its core meaning of this parabol teaching: When we have started to flow in our own forgiveness... others start to see the little harch word – also. Hwo will be prepared to let that once more realy grip us and let it speak to our hearts also? (Too early  we tent to return - to what George last said.) Not often do harsh wordings fit into this much bigger We-are-forgiven-so-much-context.

@your.closest - Fathers are not born. We start of like in a christian childhood. See and learn is important. Take the verry good example of brothers into our hearts. Than go out and love – in all that bringing- the-Jesus-example into our surounding world. There is often needs – to prayerful bind the strong man that is always opposing in our present world. And we so often read and search what would Jesus do. By thinking this, please would you not belittle that task that is only coming into society from our Love.

@George – I see another grwoing awarness. Can we not learn to start much earlier. We than - also guard our inner peace. Learn to not leave that aside. Before we ever start on that little correcting work. With much less of our feelings involved, most of those practical matters can often be dealt with.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

We are never to stop forgiving.  I think of how many times God has forgiven me and I haven't even begun to see the scope of His Forgiveness in my life.  Thank you Jesus!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

We're to always forgive, but that doesn't mean we keep accepting people into our lives who don't try to change their hurtful behaviors. Forgiveness comes from the heart of Jesus, and we are to be forgiving as He taught He teaches. But, we are also to be discerning as to who to invite into our lives. Nothing wrong with being smart and safe when it comes to certain people. But, forgiveness is about offering our hearts to others, and letting go of the bondage that we might have been in from the hurt they caused. That's how I tend to see it anyways.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

54 minutes ago, *Deidre* said:

We're to always forgive, but that doesn't mean we keep accepting people into our lives who don't try to change their hurtful behaviors. Forgiveness comes from the heart of Jesus, and we are to be forgiving as He taught He teaches. But, we are also to be discerning as to who to invite into our lives. Nothing wrong with being smart and safe when it comes to certain people. But, forgiveness is about offering our hearts to others, and letting go of the bondage that we might have been in from the hurt they caused. That's how I tend to see it anyways.

I agree Deidre, But forgiveness is not about the ones that hurt us... it's about US.  When we forgive we are the ones set free.  

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Thank you, George, I needed that in regards to the politicians.  

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Cletus.....

Very good & wise words,I just want to add that it is totally irrelevant to get stuck on things like,,,,,"It wasn't me who started it",,,,,I forgive BUT,,,,," "Though they have forgiven me I still can't forgive myself",,,,,,,,,,

There is a "righteous wrath" that has nothing to do with "self righteousness" & also has nothing to do with the person but all to do with the sin against God & Godliness,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we have to keep reminding ourselves that it is the same old enemy that influences people to say & do things that can be harmful,hateful & offensive to us &/or others,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this always helps to keep everything in the proper perspective ,,,,,,we become far less judgemental with this view,it is Gods Truth

Dealing with unrepentant people can be far more challenging & ultimately we may have to separate ourselves from them not without forgiveness & an open heart to welcome them back when/if they can see the error of their ways & repent,,,,,all the while praying for them        Of course we should try our best,go to them,talk to them ,show them,guide them & then the ball ins in their court,,,,,,just because their is a problem does not mean we c an FIX everything & bring PEACE,LOVE,TRUTH where it is not received....in this case

King James Bible
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.                                                                      Matthew 10:14

How do we know when it is time to "walk way"? We probably will not,this is when it is truly important to receive discernment from the only ONE who can guide us,,,,,"the Counselor" the "Helper",,,,the "Comforter",Praise Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,079
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

How many times should you forgive someone.........

How many times do you want to be forgiven?

I would think those should match.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Good math other one!!!!!! I would think,,,,,,,"Always",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But that does not mean if I continue to intentionally hurt someone they should continue to allow me to do it,,,,,,,,you can forgive & move on,,,,,yes?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,079
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

32 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Good math other one!!!!!! I would think,,,,,,,"Always",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But that does not mean if I continue to intentionally hurt someone they should continue to allow me to do it,,,,,,,,you can forgive & move on,,,,,yes?

hurt me once, shame on you........  hurt me twice shame on me.....    yes one should just move on in those situations where someone is constantly misusing you.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 3/28/2016 at 0:53 AM, algots said:

As many times as we're asked.

Only when asked?

How about when not asked?

Hebr. 18:21

The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant
21Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" 22Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.…