George

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

But of course Angels,,,,,,,,,,,,yes,yes,yes! Amen!

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

7 minutes ago, algots said:

I agree. We are to forgive our brother 70 times 7...every time our brother asks.

Ephesians 4:32 King James Version (KJV)

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Colossians 3:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

As Christ forgave us.  And how did Christ forgive us?  Did He forgive us without us asking, or repenting? No? The same way we are to forgive our brothers and sisters each and every time up to 70 times 7.

There is no Hebr. 18

Sorry,it was Matthew who wrote this..

Do you forgive other people if they don't ask you to forgive you for something they did to you?

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, 15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.   Matth 6:14-15

If you go to communion would you go with a grudge in your heart towards anybody who wronged you?

14 minutes ago, algots said:

I agree. If they ask for forgiveness you have to grant it. There is nothing inconsistent with Scripture.

AS Christ forgave you, so must you do to others.

Just because someone hasn't asked for forgiveness doesn't mean that I have to harbor bitterness. Forgiveness and bitterness aren't always opposites. You can long for restitution without granting forgiveness. You can desire forgiveness without granting it or harboring bitterness.

It's not one or the other.

Should we indict Christ for not forgiving without repentance?

Matthew 18:35

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”:emot-heartbeat:

1Peter 4:8

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. :emot-heartbeat:

7 minutes ago, algots said:

There is no disagreement.  As Jesus forgave you, so you are to forgive others.

How did Jesus forgive us? Are all saved?  Who are the ones who aren't forgiven?

Ps 103:12

11For as high as the heavens are above the earth, So great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him. 12As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. 13Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him.…

We can get badly hurt by people and we very much need Gods help to forgive like Jesus forgives , don't you think?

We are not all saved,only if we believe in Jesus and that He died for our sins and accept Him as our Savior, unbelievers will not be forgiven because they reject Jesus,is this what you believe?

3 minutes ago, algots said:

So, do you mean that Jesus doesn't just forgive them without them asking?

Do you imply that repentance isn't necessary for Salvation?

8If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:9

Algots,are you A Christian? How did the Lord save you? 

When you accept Jesus as your Savior and ask Him to forgive you from all your sins ..He will forgive you and save you for eternity!

Read John 3 :1-21

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved, The Bible Is Crystal Clear

Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.

And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
Acts 7:57-60

To Forgive Is

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. Luke 23:34

Divine

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:44-45

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I was led to understand that 70x7 meant there is no limit to how much we forgive.  How many times has God forgiven us? Unforgiveness  is not an option for a believer.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,035
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

47 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I was led to understand that 70x7 meant there is no limit to how much we forgive.  How many times has God forgiven us?

I think that is the answer to this question Angel.....   how many times do we want to be forgiven...    I personally would not want to put a number to that question.   not only that, but I think it unhealthy to keep count.....   how can one really forgive and still keep count against someone.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

I think that we all need to forgive, but I think that the real question is " how often do I need forgiveness?".