• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom everyone,

I thought I'd do a topic dealing with the Biblical concept of wealth.  What's interesting is in Hebrew, it doesn't have the word -- "have" or don't have, so the concept of ownership is misunderstood and is really simply stewardship.  We understand that everything is the Lord's.

Psa 24:1  A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein,

For example in Hebrew it doesn't say -- I have a son.  It actually says -- It was to whoever a son.   Or for example we read in Job 42:12  And the LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning. And he had 14,000 sheep, 6,000 camels, 1,000 yoke of oxen, and 1,000 female donkeys.

In Hebrew its more understood this way -- It was to Job 14,000 sheep -- it was to Job 6,000 camels etc.

What is being conveyed is not that Job owned it -- but rather that Job was simply the STEWARD of it!

Remember when you die, it'll be just like you were born.

1Ti 6:6  But godliness with contentment is great gain,
1Ti 6:7  for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.

So when you understand that you own NOTHING -- and are just the steward of God's wealth -- it changes the entire concept of money into something that you use for the Kingdom.  Look at what it says in Deuteronomy.

Deu 8:17  Beware lest you say in your heart, 'My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.'
Deu 8:18  You shall remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.

The connection to wealth and the covenant is powerful!  There's a peculiar passage in the gospels,

Luk 16:9  And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by means of unrighteous wealth, so that when it fails they may receive you into the eternal dwellings.
Luk 16:10  "One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much.
Luk 16:11  If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches?
Luk 16:12  And if you have not been faithful in that which is another's, who will give you that which is your own?

Luk 16:13  No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."

Notice here that you can make friends by your wealth -- but the problems become acute when you missed the purposes of money!

1Ti 6:9  But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.
1Ti 6:10  For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

It's not that wealth is inherently evil, it's the LOVE of money that causes sorrows!

Once you realize that wealth is used to confirm his covenant, and we're simply stewards then it becomes easy to be a "hilarious" giver.

2Co 9:7  Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.  (in Greek it literally means hilarious giver)

So don't get caught up in wealth for the wrong reasons.  Know that you're called to store treasures in heaven and a wise steward of earthly wealth -- becomes a Godly steward of Kingdom wealth!

Mat 6:19  "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal,
Mat 6:20  but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
Mat 6:21  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

In conclusion, I have a saying that I live by -- "If it's God's will -- then it's God's bill!  So don't buy anything OUTSIDE of God's will, then you don't have to worry about anything else!"

May you learn the lesson of stewardship and store for yourself treasures in heaven,

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Thank you for posting this :)

The earth is the LORD's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein,

Amen!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,582
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

"If it's God's will -- then it's God's bill!  So don't buy anything OUTSIDE of God's will, then you don't have to worry about anything else!"

LOVE it!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

"If it's God's will -- then it's God's bill!  So don't buy anything OUTSIDE of God's will, then you don't have to worry about anything else!"

LOVE it!

Amen, this makes a person think before buying things...doesn't it?

We have to be good stewards...:)

So.. Sue should we be eating all that chocolate we love so much? (talking to myself!)  lol

Too many people are spending  money they don't have and the Bible tells us not to be in debt with anybody, I find mostly the younger generation who  borrow money until the don't see the end of the tunnel anymore...

Roman 13:8

Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

It is very important to know that God Blesses a person with everything they have.When a person thinks they have made their success possible and only them and when greed comes in there is a problem.

Good article George thanks for sharing.

38a6a1d90eb9cc6be46f6e8982ddfdea.jpg

What comes to mind when you see this statement?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Proverbs 8:8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them. 9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge. 10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold. 11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

When you believe you have the perfect word of God in the KJV, wealth is uncomparable. I'm richer than any man. I have something most people don't believe in, shockingly.

Speaking of verse 9 - the words of the KJV are plain to the humble mind and believing heart. (but the same words are sealed to the textual critic and "educated scholar" 1Cor.2:14)

Proverbs 8:8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them. 9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge. 10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold. 11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

When you believe you have the perfect word of God in the KJV, wealth is uncomparable. I'm richer than any man. I have something most people don't believe in, shockingly.

Speaking of verse 9 - the words of the KJV are plain to the humble mind and believing heart. (but the same words are sealed to the textual critic and "educated scholar" 1Cor.2:14)

Yes,I am the richest person in the word.I do not have many worldly possessions but I have Jesus Christ the Risen Son of God.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

Luk 16:9 And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by means of unrighteous wealth, so that when it fails they may receive you into the eternal dwellings.

Christians seem to forget that the Lord in this saying is actually telling us to acquire wealth for eternal purposes.  It is "unrighteous Mammon" because money generally becomes a false god to the world, and the love of money prevails over the proper use of money.  But Christians are specifically  instructed here "to make friends" with it, which means to not only get fully acquainted with wealth, but put it to good use for the Kingdom of God, so "they may receive you into the eternal dwellings," or as the KJV has it "into everlasting habitations".

Imagine the immense good of applying large amounts of money properly for the dissemination of the Gospel, for the translation and distribution of Bibles, for the establishment of local assemblies and the support of missionaries and preachers, for the assistance of needy Christians worldwide, for disaster relief efforts for those affected, and so on. 

There are thousands (perhaps millions) of Christians who need a helping hand.  There's a huge need just for something as mundane as toilet facilities in many countries, let alone food, shelter, medicines, clothing, etc.  Where's the help if there is no money?  Money is a medium of exchange, not a god to be worshipped, but a tool to be properly used to build the Kingdom of God.  But too many of us don't even think in these terms, because we are inwardly focused.