• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

from MSN:

"When he wasn't busy scribbling out the theory of relativity, Albert Einstein seems to have spent a fair amount of time writing letters involving topics such as God, his son's geometry studies, even a little toy steam engine an uncle gave him when he was a boy.

"The Einstein Letters, which include more than two dozen missives, will go up for sale Thursday at the California-based auction house Profiles in History. Some were in English and others in German. Some were done in longhand, others on typewriters ...

"But more than that, they give a rare look into Einstein's thoughts when he wasn't discussing complicated scientific theories with his peers, said Joseph Maddalena, founder of Profiles in History.

"'We all know about what he accomplished, how he changed the world with the theory of relativity," Maddalena said. 'But these letters show the other side of the story. How he advised his children, how he believed in God....'"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/27-of-einsteins-personal-letters-going-on-auction-block/ar-BBkWEuS

"On the issue of God, Einstein dismissed the widely held belief that he was an atheist.

"'I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one,' he wrote to a man who corresponded with him on the subject twice in the 1940s. 'You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist ... I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Although his beliefs would not have got him saved, the fact that he believed in some sort of creator blows Atheist arguments away.

Einstein is seen as the epitome of genius, a scientist, a rational thinker and one whom Atheists admire.

The secular World believes that it is smarter than the believing World especially us dumb Christians who believe in the God of the Bible, superstitious irrational lot that we are!

But what the secular World doesn't like to acknowledge is that some of the greatest thinkers and pioneers were God-fearing men. Isaac Newton for example, far from being stupid, was a brilliant mathematician, physicist and a devout Christian.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, Oldschool2.

I have read publications which deny Einstein's belief in God, but I felt that some of the statements were out of context, because it was already established much earlier that he had respect for his Jewish background beliefs.

It seems like some people would like to rewrite history to suit themselves, so it's encouraging to hear that the pioneers of science were mostly God fearing people.

I think if Einstein had remained away from the worldly influences in science, he may have received the answers to some of his quests.

It's interesting that since about the 1860's when evolution began a new fashionable science, if it can be called that, the rate of discovery about the true nature of matter declined sharply, and since about that time, nothing major has been discovered, and we are still playing with the technology founded in electromagnetism. The world has been hybridizing those ideas established long ago.

If the modern atheist mind is so clever, how come the originality and speed of major scientific discoveries have come to a standstill?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Kan....

Yeah,I have often asked them why they think "evolution" ceased...............we have had many threads on the topic,,,,,it just goes round & round & round,very B-O-R-I-N-G,,,,lol

Anyway,I have heard a lot about Einstein believing as an agnostic,,,,more than an atheist,,,,,,,,,,but like BoPeep said,it really doesn't matter anyway if he denied Jesus...........sad              

Such brilliant minds yet deaf & blind,,,,,,,,,,,,                                   With love-in Christ,Kwik

That's right, the denial of the Christ as the promised Messiah, is common in traditional Jewish thought.

What made Einstein a great mind was, a slightly different personality, and the circumstances given away from school, but also his background which acknowledges God and His law.

The universe is built and maintained by the principles covered in the ten commandments of heaven, or the law under the throne of God.

Therefor many mysteries of nature can be unveiled by consideration, knowledge and the understanding of these laws.

We have two avenues of knowledge - what we perceive of nature, and what God has revealed by the character of Christ. Nature and revelation are in harmony.

So yes, it's a pity that the great minds of this world don't look at the Maker of the universe - Jesus Himself.

Most of the things Einstein proposed in later life, were conceived in his child mind, it is that wondering simplicity which God rewards, and the 'wise' who like to pry nature, are left in the dark.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Although his beliefs would not have got him saved, the fact that he believed in some sort of creator blows Atheist arguments away.

Einstein is seen as the epitome of genius, a scientist, a rational thinker and one whom Atheists admire.

Very true. Einstein was no atheist. It's a shame that he did not take his belief in God to the next level and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Then again, the Lord said that we must become as little children in order to enter the Kingdom of God.

Isaac Newton evidently held to some unorthodox beliefs.

• 1 month later...

Very true. Einstein was no atheist. It's a shame that he did not take his belief in God to the next level and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Then again, the Lord said that we must become as little children in order to enter the Kingdom of God.

Isaac Newton evidently held to some unorthodox beliefs.

What would be some of those beliefs which stand out to you?

And why do you think they are unorthodox?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

Einstein grew up Jewish and he would have been tuaght about God and such teaching would remain with him throughout his life.  His problem is that he was wrong on relativity.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

It's interesting that since about the 1860's when evolution began a new fashionable science, if it can be called that, the rate of discovery about the true nature of matter declined sharply, and since about that time, nothing major has been discovered, and we are still playing with the technology founded in electromagnetism. The world has been hybridizing those ideas established long ago.

This is wildly inaccurate. 1905 Einstein develops special relativity, and later, general relativity. Quantum mechanics was formulated in the 1920s and profoundly impacted our view of the world. Followed by the original development of quantum mechanics was quantum electrodynamics in the following decades, the marriage of electromagnetism and quantum mechanics, and the most successful physical theory yet in the precision and accuracy of its predictions. Meanwhile, the standard model was put together, which as proven to be incredibly (and annoyingly) robust.

Many things have come together to allow for the technological advances that allow us to sit here and communicate as we are. You could see the hand of God in that. I tend to.

What I question most though, about this thread in general, is why this matters. Many brilliant scientists believed in God, and many were even believers. Many brilliant scientists didn't believe in God, many have been atheists. What conclusion then to draw from this? I suppose I'd settle on the fact that there is a spiritual side to faith that as far as I can tell has no correlation to IQ at all.

Any good IQ is a gift or talent from God for us, which is distributed as the rain - falling on the believing as well as the unbelieving.

But by using that talent to honor God, it is blessed and increased.

Truth itself, and respect for God, invites intelligence and wisdom. 

In regards to relativity theories, they have been questioned for some time now, and with the discoveries from CERN it is possible that those theories will be replaced by new contexts to matter, which can produce the same results that relativity predicts.

New theories lean towards the postulations of the pioneers in the late 1800's.

The idea that nature is supported by a system of invisible forces ordained of God, is a much healthier approach, since we have been forced to go down that road anyway, after so many years of trying to dismiss God altogether.