• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1959

My wife and I just spent 5 days devoid of any sort of electronic, or electric for that matter, device or equipment.

It was amazing, so relaxing and refreshing. It was us and two other couples only 15 miles from a town but totally isolated in our own right. A "chef" that kept us well feed, hiking, fishing and just being alone with each other.

I highly recommend it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

My wife and I just spent 5 days devoid of any sort of electronic, or electric for that matter, device or equipment.

It was amazing, so relaxing and refreshing. It was us and two other couples only 15 miles from a town but totally isolated in our own right. A "chef" that kept us well feed, hiking, fishing and just being alone with each other.

I highly recommend it.

Its why we dont have cell phones and go geocaching. We get out and away with each other.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

I highly recommend it.

That is an amazing accomplishment.My respects go out to you and your wife.  :mgcheerful:

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,703
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

another reason I enjoy hunting. hehe.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

We've done that in the past and depending on the weather it can be very good or miserable....    after two fishing trips that turned out unseasonably hot we decided on the RV route......    no TV but we do have our own bed, bathroom and shower.....   and Air conditioner....  

These days we take the Winnebago with it all, but seldom use any of the fancy stuff like satellite or TV.......    but I do like that air conditioner..   and in the winter the electric blanket.....   Here in Oklahoma when we are close at home, one needs to keep up with the weather and the cell phones are good for that.    Tornado almost got us about 15 years ago on a fishing trip and we didn't even know it was coming till it was there and gone.....    missed us about 200 yards.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

It is very refreshing!  We camp and spend many lazy days out at the islands here...I love being unplugged.  I actually look forward to those storms that knock out the power for days on end...I love the quiet.  Happy to hear you and your wife had a wonderful time...many these days are not willing to unplug for a while

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

We've done that in the past and depending on the weather it can be very good or miserable....    after two fishing trips that turned out unseasonably hot we decided on the RV route......    no TV but we do have our own bed, bathroom and shower.....   and Air conditioner....  

These days we take the Winnebago with it all, but seldom use any of the fancy stuff like satellite or TV.......    but I do like that air conditioner..   and in the winter the electric blanket.....   Here in Oklahoma when we are close at home, one needs to keep up with the weather and the cell phones are good for that.    Tornado almost got us about 15 years ago on a fishing trip and we didn't even know it was coming till it was there and gone.....    missed us about 200 yards.

Is gas very expensive for the Winnebago?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

i dont think I could do that lol. I cant let my cell phone out of my site. But kudos to u and ur wife

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Is gas very expensive for the Winnebago?

not too bad right now, but a year or so ago it was cost prohibitive to take it across country.    We take it to the lake here often that's about 100 miles away.   When we bought it gas was $1.50 a gallon and we could afford to take it to lots of places.   We'd drive up and spend a month at Yellowstone, which is just simply awesome.   But when gas hits $3.50 a gallon, it's cheaper to stay in a hotel/motel and just not stay long.

We do still travel, but with the travel club often we can stay in nice condos for about $200 a week    at six miles a gallon, it's simply less expensive to just stay in the condos.   Our retirement goals were geared toward being able to travel and see the US, and we spent years and years saving up to be able to do so.  My wife who was a teacher when she worked actually put half of her salary into savings her whole 22 year career above our two retirement plans.   

So even though we do travel and do a lot of things, we aren't rich and we won't be able to do this for what I hope will be our lifetime.....     but for the next few years, it's play for what we planned for our lifetime of work.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/20/1959

Thanks all, let me add, we were not roughing it. Our tent was nicer than my first apartment and our evening meals were prepared by a paid professional.

But the freedom of no phone, computer or even clock was the draw.