IGNORED

What is the difference in the rapture and the second coming?

missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

the rapture is meeting Jesus in the air. 2nd coming is Jesus standing on Mt. Of Olives.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

Matthew 13:39   The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

Isaiah 30:10   Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

Jeremiah 14:14   Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Hi bopeep1909,

While I believe with you as regards the pre-trib. catching away to be with the Lord I do NOT agree that the Body of Christ will come back down to earth. That is NOT our purpose.

Marilyn,

Not sure what your point is since the Rapture is to take ALL the saints (the Body of Christ, as well as the Bride and Building of Christ) back to Heaven.  Since the saints who have died in Christ are present with Him (as souls and spirits), He will bring them to be joined to their glorious resurrected bodies and take them back. The ones who are alive will be transformed and caught up with them. Please review 1 Thess 4.

Matthew 13:39   The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

The angels as reapers have nothing to do with the Rapture.  That harvest is a harvest of judgment. Please see Rev 14.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

the rapture is meeting Jesus in the air. 2nd coming is Jesus standing on Mt. Of Olives.

We as the raptured saints will be coming back to earth on those white horses at the end of the tribulation with Christ.

We as the raptured saints will be coming back to earth on those white horses at the end of the tribulation with Christ.

I disagree. The Lord is accompanied by His Army, which are the Angels of the Lord. Not the Church. No King would bring His Bride to fight a war. He brings His Army and leaves His Bride at home - The New Jerusalem.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi bopeep1909,

While I believe with you as regards the pre-trib. catching away to be with the Lord I do NOT agree that the Body of Christ will come back down to earth. That is NOT our purpose.

Marilyn,

Not sure what your point is since the Rapture is to take ALL the saints (the Body of Christ, as well as the Bride and Building of Christ) back to Heaven.  Since the saints who have died in Christ are present with Him (as souls and spirits), He will bring them to be joined to their glorious resurrected bodies and take them back. The ones who are alive will be transformed and caught up with them. Please review 1 Thess 4.

Hi Ezra,

My point is that the entire Body of Christ does not come back down to earth when Christ comes to judge the nations & deliver Israel. (Rev. 19)

1 Thess.4 is as we both agree, the time when the overcomers are caught away to meet the Lord in the air. Those who were dead,` asleep` in in Christ will come with Him & be connected to the rest of the Body of Christ.

Hope that clears up our misunderstanding there, bro. Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I disagree. The Lord is accompanied by His Army, which are the Angels of the Lord. Not the Church. No King would bring His Bride to fight a war. He brings His Army and leaves His Bride at home - The New Jerusalem.

Hi Rick Parker,

I so agree with you that Christ does not bring the Body of Christ to fight here on earth. And it is rare to find another who actually realises this.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Rick. This is humanistic thinking.  Scripture uses multiple images to describe the redeemed of the Lord. And in any event, those who come riding on white horses are also those who are clothed in fine linen, clean and white, which we are clealry told is the righteousness of saints.  Angels have no need for imputed righteousness, but saved sinners do, and saved sinners do not remain as a Bride but are called the Lamb's Wife.  The Lamb's Wife is not heavenly "bricks and mortar", but dwells in the New Jerusalem. The Lamb's Wife comes as the army accompanied by angels.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

We as the raptured Saints will be His Army.Please show me scripture that we will not be the Army that accompanies Christ back to earth.