IGNORED

What is the difference in the rapture and the second coming?

missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

It has traditionally been taught that the Church makes up the “armies of Heaven” in Rev. 19:14, but I don’t think either the original language or the Church’s role in the Kingdom Age supports that idea.  I think the popularity of this notion is primarily due to the fact that we like to think of ourselves as taking up arms and fighting evil at the side of the Lord. The Greek word translated “armies” refers to soldiers and guardsmen, and the fact that these are armies “of” heaven implies that heaven is their origin.  The ones who most accurately fit the description belong to the great body of warrior angels, such as those who were standing by to defend the Lord on the night of His arrest (Matt. 26:53).

Angels are also described as being dressed in brilliant white in John 20:12 and Acts 1:10.  And in Rev. 19:8 the brightness of the Bride’s garment comes from the Greek word “lampros” which means “shining, or magnificent”, but in Rev. 19:14 the whiteness of the clothing worn by the armies of Heaven is a different Greek word, “leukos”, which means a brilliant white.  You would think that if the same clothing was being referenced John would have used the same word. And as I asked in my earlier answer, what king takes his new bride into battle with him? The Bride is seen in Heaven in Rev. 19:8 and then coming down out of Heaven in Rev. 21:9-10 after the battle is over.

No we will not be doing any fighting.Jesus will wipe them out Himself.We are the saints who will ride on those white horses with Christ back to earth.We will be the ones as the saints in brilliant white.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree about who the riders are. It's not salvational.

Yes  :grin: We will find out but will it matter then?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree about who the riders are. It's not salvational.

Hopefully, we can have a few laughs over our foolishnesses.

Hopefully, we can have a few laughs over our foolishnesses.

I don't think we will remember this life and if we do it will be a very very faint memory.But we will remember our family members who were Christians and greet us when we get to heaven.We will even know a grandma or grandpa who we never met.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

It has traditionally been taught that the Church makes up the “armies of Heaven” in Rev. 19:14, but I don’t think either the original language or the Church’s role in the Kingdom Age supports that idea.  I think the popularity of this notion is primarily due to the fact that we like to think of ourselves as taking up arms and fighting evil at the side of the Lord. The Greek word translated “armies” refers to soldiers and guardsmen, and the fact that these are armies “of” heaven implies that heaven is their origin.  The ones who most accurately fit the description belong to the great body of warrior angels, such as those who were standing by to defend the Lord on the night of His arrest (Matt. 26:53).

Angels are also described as being dressed in brilliant white in John 20:12 and Acts 1:10.  And in Rev. 19:8 the brightness of the Bride’s garment comes from the Greek word “lampros” which means “shining, or magnificent”, but in Rev. 19:14 the whiteness of the clothing worn by the armies of Heaven is a different Greek word, “leukos”, which means a brilliant white.  You would think that if the same clothing was being referenced John would have used the same word. And as I asked in my earlier answer, what king takes his new bride into battle with him? The Bride is seen in Heaven in Rev. 19:8 and then coming down out of Heaven in Rev. 21:9-10 after the battle is over.

Hi Ricky Parker,

That is very good & quite clear. Well done. People may not believe it now but we do know that the Holy Spirit is guiding into all the truth of Christ so we can rest assured that what is the truth will become clearer as time goes on. As you said it is not a salvational issue, however it is part of the Body of Christ coming to the maturity of the knowledge of Christ.

These `details` we are often discussing are all tied up in the purposes of God for  - the Body of Christ, Israel & the nations. Now I can see you have thought on the `army` & have a good understanding there. Can I ask you have you thought why you believe the Body of Christ `comes down out of heaven,` (the city) & what scriptures have led you to that belief?

Marilyn.

Hi Ricky Parker,

That is very good & quite clear. Well done. People may not believe it now but we do know that the Holy Spirit is guiding into all the truth of Christ so we can rest assured that what is the truth will become clearer as time goes on. As you said it is not a salvational issue, however it is part of the Body of Christ coming to the maturity of the knowledge of Christ.

These `details` we are often discussing are all tied up in the purposes of God for  - the Body of Christ, Israel & the nations. Now I can see you have thought on the `army` & have a good understanding there. Can I ask you have you thought why you believe the Body of Christ `comes down out of heaven,` (the city) & what scriptures have led you to that belief?

Marilyn.

Who is this army to you Marilyn that accompanies Christ back to earth?What scriptures have led you to believe who this army is?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Rick Parker,

Marilyn.

Who is this army to you Marilyn that accompanies Christ back to earth?What scriptures have led you to believe who this army is?

Hi bopeep1909,

Thank you for your good question & interest. When we look at who the Lord says comes with Him when He comes in power & great glory, then we see that it is the angels. His mighty army that He has been Captain of, as we read in scripture.

`...when the Son of Man comes in His glory, & all the angels with Him,.....` (Matt. 25: 31) also (Matt. 24: 30 & 31,  Luke 9: 24,  2 Thess. 1: 7)

The purpose of the Body of Christ is to rule & reign with Christ (as you know) in the third heaven - the realms above the universe. Christ has other groups for the other areas - Israel over the nations of the earth etc. Big topic, the eternal purposes.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Hi bopeep1909,

Thank you for your good question & interest. When we look at who the Lord says comes with Him when He comes in power & great glory, then we see that it is the angels. His mighty army that He has been Captain of, as we read in scripture.

`...when the Son of Man comes in His glory, & all the angels with Him,.....` (Matt. 25: 31) also (Matt. 24: 30 & 31,  Luke 9: 24,  2 Thess. 1: 7)

The purpose of the Body of Christ is to rule & reign with Christ (as you know) in the third heaven - the realms above the universe. Christ has other groups for the other areas - Israel over the nations of the earth etc. Big topic, the eternal purposes.

Marilyn.

Marilyn,

You have quoted the Scriptures for Christ coming with His angels.  Now please quote the Scriptures for Christ coming with His saints.  Both things are true, and in Rev 19, it is crystal clear that those are not angels but saints.

As to the reference to the saints reigning with Christ, that has no bearing on this whatsoever. Not only will the saints reign with Christ but they will also judge the world and judge angels.  Those are separate issues.

The other issue which distorts the truth is that you are constantly referring to "the Body of Christ" but failing to recognize that the Body is also (a) the Church, (b) the Bride who becomes © the Wife, and (d) the Building of Christ, as well as (e) the Temple of God and (f) a Royal Priesthood.  If we are going to handle God's truth, then we must present the whole truth.  These are all spiritual truths and there is no conflict whatsoever in all these images applying to the redeemed o the Lord.

Hi bopeep1909,

Marilyn.

Marilyn,

You have quoted the Scriptures for Christ coming with His angels.  Now please quote the Scriptures for Christ coming with His saints.  Both things are true, and in Rev 19, it is crystal clear that those are not angels but saints.

As to the reference to the saints reigning with Christ, that has no bearing on this whatsoever. Not only will the saints reign with Christ but they will also judge the world and judge angels.  Those are separate issues.

The other issue which distorts the truth is that you are constantly referring to "the Body of Christ" but failing to recognize that the Body is also (a) the Church, (b) the Bride who becomes © the Wife, and (d) the Building of Christ, as well as (e) the Temple of God and (f) a Royal Priesthood.  If we are going to handle God's truth, then we must present the whole truth.  These are all spiritual truths and there is no conflict whatsoever in all these images applying to the redeemed o the Lord.

Is it possible that it could be the Church and the angels?