IGNORED

What is the difference in the rapture and the second coming?

missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

the rapture is meeting Jesus in the air. 2nd coming is Jesus standing on Mt. Of Olives.

We as the raptured saints will be coming back to earth on those white horses at the end of the tribulation with Christ.

I disagree. The Lord is accompanied by His Army, which are the Angels of the Lord. Not the Church. No King would bring His Bride to fight a war. He brings His Army and leaves His Bride at home - The New Jerusalem.

I disagree.Do you think Jesus is going to need the help of the angels to slay the enemy?No way that is only human thinking.Jesus will do it on His own.

1 Thessalonians 3:13   so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.

Jude 14-15 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”

I disagree. The Lord is accompanied by His Army, which are the Angels of the Lord. Not the Church. No King would bring His Bride to fight a war. He brings His Army and leaves His Bride at home - The New Jerusalem.

Rick. This is humanistic thinking.  Scripture uses multiple images to describe the redeemed of the Lord. And in any event, those who come riding on white horses are also those who are clothed in fine linen, clean and white, which we are clealry told is the righteousness of saints.  Angels have no need for imputed righteousness, but saved sinners do, and saved sinners do not remain as a Bride but are called the Lamb's Wife.  The Lamb's Wife is not heavenly "bricks and mortar", but dwells in the New Jerusalem. The Lamb's Wife comes as the army accompanied by angels.

Right.The scriptures say "The Saints" and that is what we are.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I am sure glad the unity of the church does not depend on a uniform understanding of the end times, and that salvation does not depend on a correct understanding. If it did, then some or all of us would be lost!

What I find disturbing is that some people create their eschatology by defining terms,  such as:

"the rapture is . . . . "  or

"the blessed hope it . . . . ."

or by making statements like:

"the Lord would not . . . . "

I think we would be better of if we were willing to stick with what the bible says.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

Matthew 13:39   The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

The angels as reapers have nothing to do with the Rapture.  That harvest is a harvest of judgment. Please see Rev 14.

Ezra

The angels are God's heavenly host, and the Lamb of God has been given charge over them.

They are commanded and sent to do whatever job they are given.

When they do a job, it's not of their own doing, but under orders.  They are holy loyal servants.

So whatever needs to be done, they are there and they are doing the work of Christ.

I know Rev 14, and went back over it, but don't know what you are referring to?

Please expand?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Hi bopeep1909,

While I believe with you as regards the pre-trib. catching away to be with the Lord I do NOT agree that the Body of Christ will come back down to earth. That is NOT our purpose. Now the `Dominionists` (kingdom now people) have picked up on the fact that pre-tribs. mid & post tribs have all been taught that the Body of Christ comes back down to earth, thus, so they say, well why does it matter.

Of course, as you so clearly presented people will have to go through the trib. terrifying times, however the error of the teaching that the Body of Christ comes back down to earth, tends to make people think, well we all end up the same (on earth) so `what ever`..... The truth however is that we need to know what God`s eternal purpose is for the Body of Christ, so that we can by faith believe Him, & look for that `high calling,` as the apostle Paul says.

Blessings, sis, Marilyn.

The Church will return with Jesus, already having been to the Bema Seat and will have their positions or assignments, and will be ready to serve the King as He establishes His Kingdom on Earth, to rule and reign with Him for 1000 years. This is claerly laid out in scripture.

Revelation 20:1-6

The Thousand Years

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven with the key to the bottomless pit and a heavy chain in his hand. He seized the dragon—that old serpent, who is the devil, Satan—and bound him in chains for a thousand years. The angel threw him into the bottomless pit, which he then shut and locked so Satan could not deceive the nations anymore until the thousand years were finished. Afterward he must be released for a little while.

Then I saw thrones, and the people sitting on them had been given the authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony about Jesus and for proclaiming the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his statue, nor accepted his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They all came to life again, and they reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

This is the first resurrection. (The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years had ended.) Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. For them the second death holds no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him a thousand years.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

No difference at all, they are the same event

No not same event. Jesus will not touch earth during rapture. 2nd coming is judgment.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

the rapture is meeting Jesus in the air. 2nd coming is Jesus standing on Mt. Of Olives.

We as the raptured saints will be coming back to earth on those white horses at the end of the tribulation with Christ.

We are the army.

Zechariah 14:5

Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,

For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.

Yes, you shall flee

As you fled from the earthquake

In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.

Thus the Lord my God will come,

And all the saints with You.

Jude 1:14-15

Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”

Revelation 19:14

14 The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses.

Hi bopeep1909,

While I believe with you as regards the pre-trib. catching away to be with the Lord I do NOT agree that the Body of Christ will come back down to earth. That is NOT our purpose. Now the `Dominionists` (kingdom now people) have picked up on the fact that pre-tribs. mid & post tribs have all been taught that the Body of Christ comes back down to earth, thus, so they say, well why does it matter.

Of course, as you so clearly presented people will have to go through the trib. terrifying times, however the error of the teaching that the Body of Christ comes back down to earth, tends to make people think, well we all end up the same (on earth) so `what ever`..... The truth however is that we need to know what God`s eternal purpose is for the Body of Christ, so that we can by faith believe Him, & look for that `high calling,` as the apostle Paul says.

Blessings, sis, Marilyn.

The Church will return with Jesus, already having been to the Bema Seat and will have their positions or assignments, and will be ready to serve the King as He establishes His Kingdom on Earth, to rule and reign with Him for 1000 years. This is claerly laid out in scripture.

Revelation 20:1-6

The Thousand Years

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven with the key to the bottomless pit and a heavy chain in his hand. He seized the dragon—that old serpent, who is the devil, Satan—and bound him in chains for a thousand years. The angel threw him into the bottomless pit, which he then shut and locked so Satan could not deceive the nations anymore until the thousand years were finished. Afterward he must be released for a little while.

Then I saw thrones, and the people sitting on them had been given the authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony about Jesus and for proclaiming the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his statue, nor accepted his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They all came to life again, and they reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

This is the first resurrection. (The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years had ended.) Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. For them the second death holds no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him a thousand years.

Yes  nod.gif

We are the army.

Zechariah 14:5

Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,

For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.

Yes, you shall flee

As you fled from the earthquake

In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.

Thus the Lord my God will come,

And all the saints with You.

Jude 1:14-15

Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”

Revelation 19:14

14 The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses.

Yes that is us  :mgcheerful: We are the army.

It has traditionally been taught that the Church makes up the “armies of Heaven” in Rev. 19:14, but I don’t think either the original language or the Church’s role in the Kingdom Age supports that idea.  I think the popularity of this notion is primarily due to the fact that we like to think of ourselves as taking up arms and fighting evil at the side of the Lord. The Greek word translated “armies” refers to soldiers and guardsmen, and the fact that these are armies “of” heaven implies that heaven is their origin.  The ones who most accurately fit the description belong to the great body of warrior angels, such as those who were standing by to defend the Lord on the night of His arrest (Matt. 26:53).

Angels are also described as being dressed in brilliant white in John 20:12 and Acts 1:10.  And in Rev. 19:8 the brightness of the Bride’s garment comes from the Greek word “lampros” which means “shining, or magnificent”, but in Rev. 19:14 the whiteness of the clothing worn by the armies of Heaven is a different Greek word, “leukos”, which means a brilliant white.  You would think that if the same clothing was being referenced John would have used the same word. And as I asked in my earlier answer, what king takes his new bride into battle with him? The Bride is seen in Heaven in Rev. 19:8 and then coming down out of Heaven in Rev. 21:9-10 after the battle is over.