IGNORED

What is the difference in the rapture and the second coming?

missmuffet

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,181
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi bob2,

Nice to meet you, as another Commonwealther. Now if you would look closely at that scripture in John 6: 39 & 40, you will see that Jesus is referring to `things` as well as `people.` This happens I believe in the new heavens & new earth which is called `the last day` of the feast of Tabernacles - the 8th day, the beginning of all things new. I wrote a thread on that. You may like to read the details. It is on page two of this eschatology section - `The last Day.`

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Ezra

I do not see anything in here that equals a rapture or even hints of one?

All I see is a run down that we must speak sound doctrine, with sound speech that cannot be condemed, and how to behave in the Lord.

It's the grace of God that teaches us all these things,

and looking for that blessed hope (hope, not doubt, that all truth which is given to us ...will be fulfilled,)

and

the glorious appearing of our great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

This is the prize,

If we follow all intructions,

We look forward to that day

I cannot see anything that this bless hope = rapture?

maybe you were referring to another scripture?

No, I am referring to this Scripture and specifically to "the glorious APPEARING" of Christ. That word "appearing" is the key to the Rapture and has been translated from epiphaneia (Eng epiphany) which is a shining forth. 

Now when you turn to 1 Jn 3:1-3 you will find this description of the Rapture, where the word "APPEAR" (phanerothe = manifested) is found, and as you can see epiphaneia and phanerothe are related:

1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Christ is not "a prize" to be awarded, since He lives within every saint. Neither is eternal life which is a gift from God (Rom 6:23).   But it is only when He appears for His saints -- and His appearing must be glorious because He radiates Divine light -- that we shall be glorified (Rom 8:29,30 etc).

That is the Blessed Hope, that we shall be perfected in body, soul, and spirit and resemble Christ.  That is the purpose of predestination and election -- to be "conformed to the image of His Son".  Thus we find the word "hope" once again -- "and every man that hath this HOPE".

Hi Ezra

If we compete in a race, do we collect the prize whilst we are still running?

No we have to finish first and win that race, then we collect the prize.

What I am referring to is that Christ is that prize at the end of the race.... if we complete it.

We must not give up but keep soldiering on.  He brings his reward with him at his return.

Christ gets to say "race is over, you've won,... you've made it, congratulations, come with me"

Then we do get him as our prize.  We get to be with him forever and we get to take part in that resurrection.  That's our reward.

1 Corinthians 9:24   Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi bob2,

Nice to meet you, as another Commonwealther. Now if you would look closely at that scripture in John 6: 39 & 40, you will see that Jesus is referring to `things` as well as `people.` This happens I believe in the new heavens & new earth which is called `the last day` of the feast of Tabernacles - the 8th day, the beginning of all things new. I wrote a thread on that. You may like to read the details. It is on page two of this eschatology section - `The last Day.`

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn ! 

I do not accept your view , but rather see the Lords sayings as all inclusive to all that believe in Him , there is one Faith one Lord , one Church , etc ... I also do not believe that the Lord is coming 3 times . Once in the flesh already . Second  time in Glory that every eye will see him on the last Day .  With out a doubt the rapture happens at His second coming , this is the first Resurrection , with no doubt at all for many years now ! Blessed is he that has part in the first resurrection! 

Have a nice day ! 

Edited by bob2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

Then we do get him as our prize. We get to be with him forever and we get to take part in that resurrection. That's our reward.

Sister,

I don't you how you come up with these ideas.  Christ is God's GIFT to every believer. Those who have believed on Him already possess Him.  He is already our Resurrection and our Life.  He is our Salvation. That's what His name Yeshua means.  

The "prize(s)" are the rewards given to Christians by Him.  Please study rewards in Scripture, since they tie in with the Rapture and the Judgment Seat of Christ.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

Jesus said multiple times that He would raise up believers on the LAST day , not 7 yrs before the last day or 3.5 yrs before the last day . He also said He is with us until the End.

The "Last Day" is a metaphor for a period of time which extends for at least (or more than) 1,000 years.  It includes the resurrection of the just as well as the unjust.  Study the Gospel of John and the book of Revelation for details.   

And while Christ is "in us" and "with us" in Spirit, He will come personally in His glorious body to take the Church to Heaven with Him (Jn 14:1-3; 1 Jn 3:1-3).  So nothing has blown holes in the Rapture other than an incomplete understanding of what this is all about.  It is amazing how much confusion there is about something which was meant to be simple.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Hi bopeep1909,

:laughing: Muddy waters ay. Well, what scriptures do you see for God`s army?

Marilyn.

Well,Marilyn I originally thought it was only the Bride who rode back with Christ at the end of the tribulation but since I have read the book "Revelation" by John F. Walvoord which I just purchased and it is excellent I am wondering if it is the Bride and the angels.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Then we do get him as our prize. We get to be with him forever and we get to take part in that resurrection. That's our reward.

Sister,

I don't you how you come up with these ideas.  Christ is God's GIFT to every believer. Those who have believed on Him already possess Him.  He is already our Resurrection and our Life.  He is our Salvation. That's what His name Yeshua means.  

The "prize(s)" are the rewards given to Christians by Him.  Please study rewards in Scripture, since they tie in with the Rapture and the Judgment Seat of Christ.

Well said Ezra...yes   :mgcheerful:

Sister,

Ezra

Matthew 10:22   And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 24:6   And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Matthew 24:7   For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Matthew 24:8   All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Matthew 24:9   Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Matthew 24:10   And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Matthew 24:11   And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:12   And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Matthew 24:13   But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Sister,

Well said Ezra...yes   :mgcheerful:

Bopeep

James 1:12   Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Revelation 2:10   Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus said multiple times that He would raise up believers on the LAST day , not 7 yrs before the last day or 3.5 yrs before the last day . He also said He is with us until the End.

The "Last Day" is a metaphor for a period of time which extends for at least (or more than) 1,000 years.  It includes the resurrection of the just as well as the unjust.  Study the Gospel of John and the book of Revelation for details.   

And while Christ is "in us" and "with us" in Spirit, He will come personally in His glorious body to take the Church to Heaven with Him (Jn 14:1-3; 1 Jn 3:1-3).  So nothing has blown holes in the Rapture other than an incomplete understanding of what this is all about.  It is amazing how much confusion there is about something which was meant to be simple.

The Last Day is when Jesus Christ returns , there is no confusion at all for me , then after His coming he will set up the 1000 year reign . 

Trust me the world will never be the same when Christ returns , its over for the worlds evil ways  all things will be under Christ s rule . The destruction of the world physically happens later after the 1000 yr reign . No confusion for me because I stick with the teachings of the BIBLE . Also the Acient Christian teachings .

The pretib rapture of the church doctrine is nothing less than false doctrine introduced in the professing church during 1830 s and is not the Christian doctrine of earlier times . People that have accepted this doctrine are not students of correct Bible study . And I have no doubt that in time it will prove out that there is no pretrib rapture of the church , just wait and see , but prepare for whats coming just the same , Jesus said I come quickly , BE ready ! God Bless !  

Edited by bob2